Anonymous
Years ago

Knockout setup

I know knockout has now changed to a round robin format on saturday mornings. I know there are 4 teams in each pool but i am unsure if it's just the winner of that pool or the top two.

Anyone able to help me out?

Topic #3315 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

The winner

Reply #38126 | Report this post

cc  
Years ago

I heard something about wildcard entries. Not sure if its true or how it works. Our school will probably finish second in our pool so it would be good for us. Does anyone know about this?

Reply #38146 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

no wildcards on offer mate, just win your group

Reply #38179 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

anon (#3315). nothing has changed, it has been this way for at least the last 5 years (for teams who play regular saturday competition ball). K/O games are particular games in your regular season. Gotta be top to get through, no top two. Tough, but fair.

Reply #38183 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

annon (#38183). things have changed actually. this year all schools that play saturday morning basketball have to play their KO in the round robin format saturday morning. in previous years some schools have chosen to play KO during school hours, however this year schools are not allowed to do this. eg for the first time cabra are playing KO in the saturday morning. you are right it is tough to get through this year. remember 2 less teams are going through to the finals aswell. (from 8 - 6 so it can be played at pasa not morphett vale)

Reply #38189 | Report this post

schoolies  
Years ago

Us girls arent playing that tho are we?? Spoke to the coach and they said due to teams pulling out we wont have a single day or two day festival type game days.. is this true cos im all confused?!

Reply #38290 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

its shithouse we beat immaunel in normal sat day comp. but lost to unley in knock out, but immanuel will get in knock out its shocking set up. Westminster

Reply #38365 | Report this post

chilli pepper  
Years ago

from what i heard, u guys(westminster) shouldnt have beaten shc anyway, so stop ya whinging.

Reply #39066 | Report this post

annoymous  
Years ago

seaview high school Beat westminster
74 to 20 points. seaveiw played well, a good team effect.

the standout were tara zilm,teresa kinross,emily zilm.

Reply #39148 | Report this post

bill  
Years ago

does ne1 think that playing our knockout games at the beginning of the season ensures that the results are a true indication of who the best teams are. I think we should play them at the end instead of playing meaningless games which we coulda played before for match practice.

Reply #40785 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

westminster beat immanuel

Reply #40901 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

what happens with the country teams= how do they get through?

Reply #42059 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

the same way the metro schools get through. the country schools usually battle it off (e.g tenison woods vs mt gambier or who ever) and then the winning teams will come down and play in the finals with all the metro schools.

Reply #45938 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:07 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754