Big V
Years ago

SCW DV Eagles eagles flown coop?

Seem to be reading that Eagles have gone elsewhere. Are there any left? How strong will they be this year?

Topic #33152 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not just the SCW, i have heard a few SCM are off somewhere else aswell...

Reply #445583 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not the case - Captain wanted to try her luck in SEABL( Well done and a positive step in player development and progression, some older players didn't wish to train twice each week and Ex Coaches daughter moved on to Waverley as you would expect.

Boys - Matt Jackson signed on with Champ Men, Mitch Lee, Fennells and the Reynolds boys all back again with Gazzo

Topping up with younger players.....

Sounds like opportunities for the juniors that keep coming out of that program each year.

Reply #445699 | Report this post

SomeFlyOthersTry  
Years ago

Diamond Valley is churning out International, National and State level players and coaches left, right and centre. Carly Turner just won the Bob Staunton at the AIS this past week.

Great for basketball in Victoria. Good on them.

Reply #445788 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Women- losing arguably two of your best players isn't good. new coach must be scrambling to find interest for players outside DV. Even though they have good young talent: Turner, the younger O'neil etc.

Men- I wouldnt be so sure Matt Reynolds and Matt Jackson are back just yet, i've heard a number of rumors. Matt Fennell the main signing though, had a huge 2013 year.
Need another big time contributer to push finals after just missing this year.

Reply #445843 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

Coach got sacked and players left. Thats the reality.
PS. I'm not coach Smith, nor do i have anything to do with DV, unlike the authors of the previous posts.

Reply #445845 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Coach had plenty of chances, players that left except the captain just plain couldn't be bothered training

Reply #445849 | Report this post

simmo  
Years ago

what do you mean, coach had plenty of chances?

Reply #446245 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:42 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754