Kent Brockman
Years ago

Boti singing the same old tune

This is from an article that Boti wrote in 1988. Seems the critical style of Boti's writing is nothing new.

"The fact is Adelaide needs 1989 to be a major successto promote, rekindle, and continue to foster interest in the team in South Australia. The season has to be a springboard for 1990 when Adelaide will play out of a new entertainment centre. There are widespread fears of a backlash against the team stemming from years of frustration at the seating inadequacies of the anticipated of the antiquated 3,000 capacity Apollo. The fear is taht people who have regularly been turned away since the venue started being consistently sold out in early 1985, will have lost interest by 1990. While the house full sign was up all year at Apollo those fears were reinforced by increasing dots of empty seats."

"...heirachy is desperate for 1989 to be a flagship year which recaptures any waning public opinion."

"There has been considerable "them-us" feeling in the 36ers camp. It was there before Fox arrived to inherit Ken Cole's championship outfit, but he has not helped either."

Seems Boti has been spinning the same tunes for sometime.

Topic #3316 | Report this topic

Mott the Hoople  
Years ago

Perhaps the organisation doesn't learn?

Reply #38155 | Report this post

Thomo  
Years ago

or perhaps boti has his own agenda

Reply #38158 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

If he does have his own agenda he is either very slow or very determined.....over 17 years in the making???

May be it is just his style and nothingmore than that!!!

Reply #38167 | Report this post

Doctor E  
Years ago

He always takes an extreme view. Either everything's rosy or everything's dire. I don't often see much in between with him.

Reply #38170 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

sensationalism sells papers

Reply #38171 | Report this post

Dana  
Years ago

I miss his articles. I even phoned the Advertiser to find out what had happened. He's on leave and I reckon the miniscule basketball news we.ve seen lately has been boring to say the least.
Give me sesationalism before boring any day.
At least it's entertaining & funny & inspires some desire to read it.

Reply #38185 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

Yesterday was pretty good> a full page on Phil Jackson and Bogut.
I think that the info has actually grown since boti has gone off on holidays.

Nothing against boti because i rekon hes great for basketball but it would be good if the advertiser kept publishing NBA article news

Reply #38190 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

One thing that Boti has always done and that has lapsed in his absence is features on people rather than just report on the news. I think that it would be a huge shame to lose that.

Personally, I think the level of news has dropped in his absence, but I guess you'd need to talk to a media monitoring agency to count the column inches and find out for sure!

Reply #38195 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

There is a line there some where about you needing to count inches Isaac!!

Reply #38200 | Report this post

Mix Master Wipe  
Years ago

Didnt the Advertiser have a whole page devoted to bball, every thursday i think?
More NBA articles like the phil jackson story would be good,cmon Advertiser lift your BBall coverage!!

Reply #38203 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

KB - Well, I do know a hot, young Account Executive at a media monitoring agency, so....

Reply #38204 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Ahh yes.... tis quite fine indeed!!

Reply #38217 | Report this post

AsIseeIt  
Years ago

Yes, Boti is very negative towards certain people at 36ers and it may, or may not be justified.
I agree it is great to read about Bogut and Jackson in the Tiser, but I confess that most Thursdays I check the back sporting page, then search to see what Boti has written, or who he has fired a shot at.
WHY? because most of it is about our game- basketball in SA and that is what I am interested in

Reply #38250 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Don't miss his negative articles and his lame jokes that were around when Moses was in shorts.

Reply #38299 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

whoever is writing the stuff today put in something about the eagles game tonight and mentioned a player of the week, but forgot to actually name them!!

Reply #38300 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Anonymous, I'm still in shorts. In fact, I'm still wearing my Hawks and Seton Hall shorts from the early 90s. The draw strings are dead and the elastic has been replaced numerous times, but they're still going strong! ;-)

Reply #38336 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:43 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754