GuesswhosBACK
Years ago

Daniel Eade's little anti NBL crusade continues

ever since being dropped from the NBL Daniel Eade has popped up with a negative bi-weekly article it seems.

Now all of a sudden giving jasmes ennis and Sam young acknowledgement is insulting to the stars of the past?

NBL shouldnt promote these guys apparently..

if Lebron James signed with Melbourne the guy would have something smart ass to say no doubt

http://www.backpagelead.com.au/index.php/basketball/11585-nbl-hyperbole-insults-australian-legends

Topic #33167 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

YOU are keeping him in the headlines!

Reply #445848 | Report this post

GuesswhosBACK  
Years ago

err not really? I think its worth noting his attempts?

Reply #445850 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Sam young has the best NBA resume in NBL history in terms of minutes played on important teams deep into the playoffs.

Ennis on the other hand has no NBA resume other than being a laaate 2nd round draft pick in a weak draft but that doesn't matter either... he has let his game do the talking.

On both counts eade should stfu.

Reply #445851 | Report this post

Pauly B  
Years ago

I don't agree that our local legends would feel insulted but the hype surrounding the current batch of imports has been a bit overblown and the truth stretched. Sure, if I worked for the NBL or one of the clubs, I'd be trying to build these guys up to. It helps get people to games and increase TV numbers which are all good things. The article doesn't try to take away the accomplishments of these players, it actually provides facts of the NBA experience for each player. The fact is that Sam Young is the only guy of the 3 to play in an NBA game. Yet, we constantly here about all thee guys as being "from the NBA".

Yes, Eade has written some pretty negative articles on the NBL in the past that I haven't agreed with. The problem is that whenever he writes anything now everybody just wants to jump up and down and scream rather than reading it with a level head. I actually agree with most of the article

Reply #445855 | Report this post

6erfan  
Years ago

But he is just full of s..t

Look at his last 3 articles on the 36ers
Massingale to the Hawks.......wrong
Cole buys the Stadium and Team........wrong
Massingale to Perth.........wrong

Why people read his stuff is just beyond me

Reply #445858 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Every team over hypes their imports every year, now we actually have one of the best crops in recent memory and he decides to call bullshit?

Reply #445859 | Report this post

GuesswhosBACK  
Years ago

Pauly B, on some level yes.. we will "agree" with the points he is making... yes, they do tend to overblow the NBA status of the players.... but that has happened since the beginning. My problem isn't about the factual side of whats being said... but the reasons why he is saying it.

And his claim that this is somehow offending the greats of the past is an absolute utter joke. When Eade was an NBL journalist... paid for by the NBL, you wouldnt be hearing this from him about say... Johnny Flynn or Eddie Gill or any of the others that have some level of NBA experience. Why now?... SOUR GRAPES

What Eade is doing, in my eyes... he is like the guy at the david copperfield show telling everyone that magic isn't real... You know its not, but you want to enjoy the show anyways... He is the smarmy basterd sitting next to you pointing out the wires the car is being 'levitated' from... acting like copperfield is a liar for his illusion rather then realise this is what you want to see.

We want NBL to hype the imports. Why have a problem with the very few scerics of promotion the game gets in this country?

Ennis was just drafted in the NBA... and has a pretty good chance of playing there.. and doing well.. he deserves hype.. call him an NBA player if it makes the crowd happy.. but is he? Ok.. not yet. Sam Young... IS the most credentialled NBA player we have ever had... does that make him the greatest import? who knows... NBA player? yes... so shut up Eade.

As for Farrakahn.... I will concede... No, he is not an NBA player... he is a guy who was lucky enough to get a few looks in his time. He is no more NBA player then Luke Nevill.. Chris Goulding or anyone else. Having said that, we know this.... the casual viewer doesn't... so what skin is it off Eades balls if the general public think he is NBA calibre?

Looking forward to his next piece of negative spin article I can shut him down on

Reply #445863 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Please try to avoid linking or pointing to Back Page Lead. It's rarely worth it and just encourages more of this stuff.

Reply #445871 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:39 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754