Mick
Years ago

Crocs @ Breakers, fri 22 nov

Breakers host their bogey team for this season. The 2 losses have come on the road though, and Townsville are perennially awful away from home. However Playing in NZ has always been kind to them, with plenty of stolen victories over the past few years.

Have the Breakers finally scouted Townsville's trap?

Topic #33181 | Report this topic

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

Hrmm, ermm, argh...

Yeah, Breakers at home, by 5

Reply #446316 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Breakers by 5 sounds reasonable (they'll prob lose by 15)

Reply #446333 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Breakers by 12.

Reply #446336 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

It's one of those low-confidence tips, both team's form has been ... a little up and down. And with three home losses, hard to know how NZ's home court advantage is going this year.

Reply #446338 | Report this post

Tyrell  
Years ago

Lose this one and I think we're done for the year, so a big home win is needed!

Reply #446342 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

I've been wrong twice already for these teams but breakers at home should win by 10.

Reply #446343 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

I'd agree with that Tyrell, to paraphrase from Tennis, the Breakers are defending match-point here.

Reply #446345 | Report this post

Aaron  
Years ago

Crocs by 2

Reply #446346 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Breakers by 15 if bruton doesnt play the whole last Quater

Reply #446351 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #446352 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #446353 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

5 mins in and Townsville have 1 bucket, great D from NZ.

showing some hustle on their switches

Reply #446391 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

Right well after 5 minutes of play to work with, I can confidently extrapolate that this will end in an 80-16 victory for New Zealand, who will be the new competition favourites.

Jumping the gun, I don't even know what that phrase means.

Reply #446392 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

6 fouls in half a quarter to the Breakers (4 to Tsv), FFS guys, fly Mal Cooper first-class with a stripper on his arm over for a heart to heart with the team if you have to but sort it out.

Reply #446393 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Even as a Breakers fan I will admit the refs are making it tough on the Crocs.

Some pretty outrageous calls.

Reply #446395 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

Good bounce-back after a terrible start to the quarter from Townsville; I was about to trot out the word "pummelationing" to describe what was happening.

Reply #446398 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

Pace is in a bit of foul trouble, but I don't think Dennis can dare reduce his minutes in the least, vital to their chances.

Reply #446399 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Breakers are lucky the scheduling had them playing the Crocs at home to stop their skid as TSV are dreadful on the road.

Reply #446402 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The stream is lagging so badly and I'm using commercial grade DSL. Disgraceful Perform disgraceful.

Reply #446403 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

Finally a Croc hits a 3pt. You don't need to rely on them, but you do have to show you're able of hitting at least a couple...

Reply #446407 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

Dare I ask about the validity of that offensive foul by Pace?

Reply #446408 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Pretty bad reffing.

Really bad actually.

Over this game. Bring on ADL-PER!

Reply #446409 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

NZ just can't quite seem to put distance on Crocs at the moment. If Pace fouls out though, it'll be very hard. Of course, Kerron Johnson and Te Rangi on 3 fouls apiece will also have to tread lightly.

From here I'd say New Zealand by ... 10.

Reply #446410 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

Some tremendous perimeter shooting stats for Breakers, running at 50%

Reply #446411 | Report this post

Water23  
Years ago

Yep my nbl tv not working well too. Tried at work, now home keeps freezing forcing me to refresh constantly.

Reply #446412 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

So to start he 4th quarter, Vukona fouls, then NZ allows two O-boards on missed two point shots culminating in a triple by Blanchfield.

I'm sure Vickerman must be giddy with joy about that start.

Reply #446413 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

Deficit down to one. I have no doubt there are currently some very edgy looking gents on that Breakers bench.

Reply #446415 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

GO CROCS GO

Markovic is scared to penetrate

Reply #446416 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

Comfortable looking margin in the end, but would have been decidedly uncomfortable moments late in the process.

Reply #446417 | Report this post

Tyrell  
Years ago

Let's not discount the significance of Gary Wilkinson wearing his beloved #55 (opposed to #48, seriously And 1!!)a crucial factor in the victory! Heck, i'm just relieved that we won!!

Reply #446418 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

What do we do about the officiating though? It's getting a bit silly.

LThe crocs stink so bad on the road so you kinda overlook it because they would lose a game against a high school team if they set the pace in their own gym...

But when is Mal Cooper's honeymoon over and we get to call him on however many blatantly bad calls he has presided over?

Reply #446463 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

that game was awful, so messy and I always felt Breakers would win and yet they were terrible (Abercrombie excluded)

How do you think Townsville will look back upon this game... will they be happy that they were in it all game or be disappointed they all played well below their best?

Gee Mitch Norton is a tough little fella, he was beaten from pillar to post to floor!

Reply #446465 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Mitch Norton just gets no calls ever. Its getting pretty ridiculous with the beatings he takes..

Reply #446501 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

The NBL has got a serious problem with "rookie" calls.

Reply #446502 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:38 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754