Anonymous
Years ago

Wollongong @ Cairns 23/11

Both teams are struggling at the moment, Cairns looked a bit better last weekend but their 2-5 record is a lot worse than they should have with that team. Hawks with just the one win on the season, but I think this game will be very entertaining.
Cairns by 5.

Topic #33186 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cairns by 7.

Reply #446555 | Report this post

GuesswhosBACK  
Years ago

Yeah I think Cairns should take this one, fairly easily too. Cairns by 13 I think. Cairns are too big inside, and both teams are about even outside..

Reply #446562 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

That finish might prove controversial.

Clarke put the Hawks on his back for that one. Cairns would not be happy with that result at all!

Reply #446563 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Completely incompetent refereeing decision at the end, giving a continuation that just showed Caldwell has very little feel for the game.

Full credit to Wollongong, and Cairns are in strife.

Reply #446564 | Report this post

Wilson Sting  
Years ago

Cairns way too big in the paint, way too strong around the perimeter, yet still found a way to lose. Time for a new coach. A team with that much playing talent shouldn't be at the bottom of the ladder. As soon as someone made a good play Fearne would sub them off.

Reply #446567 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

Good win however a couple of things went against the Snakes.

1. Continuation. I'm all for it and believe that was valid however that's the first time this season they've allowed it. Consistency!

2. On the last play when the Taipans knocked it out of bounds, the clock kept running for a solid .06 to .8 of a second. Hawks passed it in, Gliddon stole the ball and hit the 3. He missed out by .1 or .2 of a second. This means that Gliddon's shot should have counted.

Reply #446568 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That was a dud result for Cairns and embarrassing for the NBL! NO WAY should that basket of counted.

Reply #446570 | Report this post

Wilson Sting  
Years ago

No way the basket should have counted. There was 0.6 on the clock, Hawks inbounded, dribbled had it stolen, then Gliddon shot it. That can't all happen in 0.6 seconds. Either way, the game should never have been that close, Taipans should have won by 15.

Reply #446571 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wilson Sting: nat is saying there should have been more than 0.6 on the clock (around 1.2 - 1.4sec) therefore it should have counted.

Reply #446597 | Report this post

Wilson Sting  
Years ago

Thanks Anon, I hear what Nat is saying but either way, the players knew at the time there was 0.6 sec left. More to the point, the game should never have been that close.

Reply #446609 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

Embarrasing result for Cairns....ABL stuff all round. The gap between community and private is about to widen as depth of rosters becomes relevant.
Glad I saved the petrol money on that one,had a feeling it was going to be ugly.

Reply #446677 | Report this post

CT  
Years ago

Why didn't the refs go to the video? This happened in a televised game in the 10/11 season; Ubaka put up a buzzer-beater and the refs ran through channel 10's footage to confirm that the shots counted. Why not this time? Or is it because that was channel 10 coverage and not NBL.tv? It might be difficult to actually work out if a shot counts if you're watching it back at 600x400 at 2fps like the rest of Australia.

Reply #446700 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:14 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754