Alex
Years ago

WNBA vs NBL

Ok guys who do you think would win if the top 5 players in the WNBA played the top 5 players in the NBL??? This is a serious question by the way, curious to know your thoughts!!

Topic #33197 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

It would not even be close. NBL easily.

Reply #446712 | Report this post

Jason  
Years ago

Ennis, Ogilvy, Goulding, Redhage, Ervin etc, um let me think

Reply #446716 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

I think Ervin,Goulding,Ennis,Redhage and Ogilvy would win with ease

Reply #446718 | Report this post

Ryan  
Years ago

No shit vs Parker, Moore, Della Donne, Griner whoever the fuck

Reply #446725 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Jayson Wells.

Reply #446729 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

It would play out like the Perth vs Sydney game did today. Wouldn't even be a contest.

Reply #446731 | Report this post

GuesswhosBACK  
Years ago

Men will always have superior strength, athleticism, and in many cases speed... this isn't even a debatable fact. Skillwise they might be fairly similar... but even having said that... when it comes to shooting ability, I have seen women in the pro's with TERRIBLE shots and shot mechanics... the kind of shots that would make most men liabilities in social leagues let alone pro end up getting into the WNBA because there isnt anyone with the speed/quickness to block the jerky kind of action some have. I would say that most shots thrown up by the WNBA team would get swatted off the court.

My scoreline? I think NBL boys would win by 45-50 points... or maybe even more... if played by FULL RULES

Reply #446732 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Athleticism, height, strength, speed, endurance, in every single area, the guys win, comfortably. That's not being sexist, that's just a fact.

To put it into perspective, the leading rebounder in the WNBA is under 200cm (the same height as Stephen Weigh). Cambage is enormous, she's Shawn Redhage's height.

So yeah, Ogilvy dominates 7 footers, imagine what he would do against physically weaker, less athletic versions of Stephen Weigh...

I'd be interested to know how far down the list of the Men's comps that you would have to go before the women would be able to compete. Middle road SEABL teams maybe? Even further?

Reply #446740 | Report this post

ricey  
Years ago

You could put a under 18 team against a WNBA team and the girls would lose

Reply #446745 | Report this post

Pauly B  
Years ago

Ricey. A few year ago I watched the eventual U18 Vic state boys champs get beat by 20 points against Dandenong's WNBL team.

Reply #446746 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Women are physically weaker and in baketball terms have no game like golf and tennis.
They have special rulles for the ladies in tennis. 3 sets only. Golf play off the ladies tees. yet they all want the same prize money as the men. Go away.
Pointless topic.

Reply #446747 | Report this post

Dunkin' Dan  
Years ago

I'm a very keen follower of both leagues, and yeah, it wouldn't be a contest.
There probably aren't too many sports that highlight the physical differences between men & women more than basketball does.
The skill gap is decreasing all the time, but speed, size, strength... big disparity

Reply #446756 | Report this post

GuesswhosBACK  
Years ago

With the question... what level of mens basketball could WNBA teams beat.. I would say most semi pro leagues in aus would probably still beat the WNBA team... WNBA team would probably beat a district Div 1 team... thinking something like North Adelaide rockets or something. (not neccesarily that team but someone in the same league).... height would probably be comparable in that case... speed.... perhaps, strength men will always have the upper hand but I think at this level, the skill of the WNBA women should be good enough to beat them.

Reply #446760 | Report this post

catching fire  
Years ago

blokes would kill em

Reply #446815 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Surely this was not a serious question?!

Reply #446826 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Plenty of holes in the defence

Reply #446840 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Not only would the NBL team beat the WNBA team, but the NBL's worst team would beat a women's World Team.

Reply #446843 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I think I read the Opals played out close games with Sandy's YL team recently. Dont know if the Opals were full strength, but that gives an idea of the level.

Reply #446859 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What's a YL team? Youth league? What ages?

Also, if I could ask what is probably a stupid question but that's been bugging me lately and is releveant to this thread: why do female basketball players have a different shooting style to men? I noticed this when seeing some WNBL recently (which I don't normally watch). I'm not sure how to describe it, but their shots just look really weird when compared to a typical jumpshot in the NBL or NBA.

Reply #446895 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

Loser has to do the dishes.

Reply #446898 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yup, now this post is really getting serious isn't it?

Reply #447060 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:03 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754