Anonymous
Years ago

Trevor Gleeson needs to get off the court

So many times Perth had an extra player on the court - Big Trev. He needs to stop whinging - was the same with Crocs and Tigers - and start coaching. At least Andre Lemanis was actually funny!
I always thought coaches weren't allowed on the court.

Topic #33199 | Report this topic

The Situation  
Years ago

Anonymous posters need to get off the internet.

Reply #446742 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

Gleeson's team is sitting on top of the NBL ladder. I don't think he's doing too much wrong.

Reply #446749 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Clearly he can't coach. If he was on the courtt the refs would ping him.

Reply #446750 | Report this post

Dunkin' Dan  
Years ago

I can't fault his record as our coach, but I also can't deny his toolishness at times.

Reply #446753 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Yeah guy is a douche, he got VERY lucky to inherit a team that has James Ennis!!!!! Take him out of the equation, and Trev would have to coach not just manage....

Reply #446765 | Report this post

Proud  
Years ago

He is not as bad as Aaron Fearne, sack his useless arse

Reply #446777 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Agreed, Fearne hasnt done enough with that Taipans team.

Reply #446779 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gleeson inherited this team.

It's still Bevo's team to me.

Reply #446793 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Inherited a team with Ennis? He recruited him! He's been one of the best coaches in the league for going on 10 years now. Best record ever in Ville and bettered previous season he coached in Melbourne which is all that could be expected with the organisation or lack there of. I don't understand the Gleeson haters. What's to hate about the guy? He's a passionate guy who loves the game.

Reply #446796 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

I just don't understand how some of you people come up with this stuff. Honestly...

Reply #446798 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

He is a passionate coach who is doing an awesome job with this team I thought he was good at Townsville when he was there. The haters are good for entertainment value! It will be Gleeson or Wright with championship at seasons end

Reply #446803 | Report this post

Wildcat Fan  
Years ago

Completely agree Anon, i dont get the Gleeson hate either. At worst, hes a colourful passionate coach that gets animated at times. Some people would call that entertainment, and its good for the league to have coaches like that!

At best hes a great recruiter, and a good manager of talented players, hence the strong winning record. I dont know but maybe hes a good coach as well?

Pretty sure all the coaches have a bit of Gleeson in them that you either love or hate. I guess that maybe he gets more attention because hes expected to deliver a championship and hasnt done so yet?

Reply #446804 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Yes perhaps. He's always over delivered with the teams he's coached and I think this year he has a great team of talent but has so far managed to bring out their best. Good luck to him.

Reply #446808 | Report this post

Tom  
Years ago

Great job Gleeson we love you in perth, go get us a championship.

Reply #446821 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

I like him. He's passionate and his team has lost just one game so far.

Reply #446823 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

Coming into this season I figured him for a tool, but I haven't seen anything so far this season to suggest that. The way he's coached his Perth players has been very positive, and his reactions to referee calls vs. Adelaide on Friday were mostly justified.

Shawn Dennis for 6th man award: he needs to learn to stop the constant bitching to the refs.

Reply #446837 | Report this post

Proud  
Years ago

Shawn Dennis for 6th man? Not sure I understand that joke.

Trev is spreading his minutes different to what Bevo was doing and Bevo may have over rotated with only Lisch getting over 30 minutes/game last season.

I'd like to see Damo get a bit more time on the bench but I can't fault Trev for saying "I just can't take him off". Interested that Wagstaff only played 10 minutes vs. 36ers. On one hand that seems like a bit of an error but when Redhage torches for 30; it's probably the right move

All the best to you Trev and looking forward to seeing you lift that big beautiful shiny trophy in April (I think it is)

Reply #446912 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

Yeah, Gleeson was riding Redhage's hot hand and you can't really blame him.

Good to see Redhage and Wagstaff play the 4 & 5 yesterday at times. It worked well before Knight returned so I was hoping it would still be used. Creates a mismatch that works in our favour.

Reply #446915 | Report this post

Bake  
Years ago

"Jackie" Gleeson continually bitches to the refs, but he is cunning, he generally picks the junior or rookie ref and by the end of the night is rewarded for his effort by getting the dubious or phantom calls. I know that the retort will be "good on him" but this also happened with Brian Gorgian, when his scragging tactics were called and the result was unattractive basketball which almost the deathnell to the NBL.

The number of times he claimed that his players standing straight up after a foul was called was ridiculous. His constant carping is a great help for "Cheapshot Shawn".

Reply #446917 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

Good on him.

Reply #446919 | Report this post

Proud  
Years ago

Good on him

Are you serious? I'd hardly call the wildcats a boring team to watch under the tutelage of Trev, yesterday's game didn't bore me and regardless of the scoreboard there was always plenty happening unlike the Bevo years where you could go a quarter without much of a highlight (I'm not hating on the legend that is Bevo but the games could/would stagnate for periods of time)

Reply #446927 | Report this post

Proud  
Years ago

Sorry you said unattractive

Reply #446928 | Report this post

Bake  
Years ago

I have never said that any Wildcat/36er game was unattractive. My point was the constant bitching to the refs results in poor decisions being made that are a detriment to the game and the reference to the Gorgian style of play which was allowed to develop and in my opinion nearly sank the NBL.

Although the NBL has tightened up the rules some players are still allowed the occasional hold and there has been a tendency to allow defenders to walk into or under players, usually with their hands almost vertical, causing turnovers. The non calls are in my opinion caused by the constant questioning of referees decisions.

Reply #447006 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hopefully Gleeson isn't allowed to continue his current ways for much longer.

Perth's unattractive basketball is a definite threat to the health of the NBL. It is turning the fans away both in person and on television.
Clearly something needs to be done, but it probably won't be as long as his team is winning.
The Wildcats may be successful but they lack flair and entertainment value. Their boring scragging style is a ratings killer. Mal Cooper needs to end it immediately and help the rest of the league bring the fun back to the NBL.

Reply #447008 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

P.S. LOL

Reply #447010 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:00 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754