Anonymous
Years ago

Weekend's NBL TV ratings

Here is the weekend ratings for the NBL,Friday did 47k And Sundays on One only 19k,

Topic #33211 | Report this topic

KET  
Years ago

How come NBL games on Sunday are on ONE instead of Ten? Wasn't the deal for it to be on Channel Ten?

Reply #447014 | Report this post

Proud  
Years ago

Different programming on and not worth complaining about

Reply #447018 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Golf trumped it.

Reply #447019 | Report this post

Pauly B  
Years ago

Ten have the right to shove the Sunday games over to One if they choose. They don't care enough to advertise the games so they're not about to care which station they show the games on or even let people know they've moved it. It will be very interesting to see what move the NBL makes once the current deal with Ten expires. They need a TV partner that wants to grow the game and the audience and Ten have shown next to no interest in doing that after the first year.

Reply #447022 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Because it doesn't rate well at all

Reply #447027 | Report this post

hoopie  
Years ago

I can't get One so I get really hacked off when they move it there.

I watch every game on Ten, even teams I can't stand.

Reply #447032 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Because it doesn't rate well at all
And you wonder why they'd spend any time working on an online solution which caters for actual fans and is less at the mercy of broadcasters wanting easy money...

Reply #447035 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If you honestly believe that the NBL will survive solely on online games, then I feel very sorry for you

Reply #447036 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

When did I ever say that?

Reply #447045 | Report this post

GuesswhosBACK  
Years ago

OMG dont debate non issues again, ofcourse NBL wants to be on tv...

problem is... does TV want it?

Reply #447078 | Report this post

GuesswhosBACK  
Years ago

We all know this particular anonymous has issues with comprehension... best to just let him pick the parts of quotes that prove his lack of point and not even dignify his findings with a response.. for all those of us who read articles and comments IN FULL before drawing a conclusion

Reply #447079 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

I thought one of the key points of the "re-negotiation" was that it would be on Channel Ten on the Sunday which, exposure wise, is much better than ONE.

Reply #447155 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

But what would the NBL do if they don't like it, walk? That is exactly what Ten would be hoping they do.

The reality is Ten are not going to give a shit about the NBL when it gets such poor ratings.

Reply #447169 | Report this post

Wildcat Fan  
Years ago

Tens new high profile morning show, Wake Up gets terrible ratings, sometimes worse than the NBL. It gets thrashed by Sunrise and Today. And thats one of their flagship projects this year with plenty of advertising for it.

Whats my point? Ten cant get anything right at the moment. Its struggling so bad it needs a major overhaul. I reckon the NBL is the least of their problems.

The NBL could do better on a station not so beseiged by low ratings. If 7Mate becomes more sport focussed as mentioned, there could still be hope yet for the NBL to remain on TV.

If its no longer on Ten, it wont be the worst thing to happen to it, though it does need to be on TV somewhere!

Reply #447173 | Report this post

GuesswhosBACK  
Years ago

Nice point

Reply #447177 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Agreed Wildcat Fan.

The reasons for Ten deferring to ONE is obvious, everyone understands that. I'm just surprised there hasn't been anger towards Ten for what appears to be another breach of contract, or at the very least breach of good faith as to what was expected to be performed.... We're so used to being screwed it's no longer even worth a mention apparently.

Network Ten, what a disgrace.

Reply #447178 | Report this post

HO  
Years ago

Does anyone know why Ten paid $100m for the Big Bash league rights? I thought the owners strategy was to not have sport so their other investment in FoxSports would be all ok?

Reply #447183 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Channel Ten owners have investments in both Ten and Fox Sports..So they've still got the interest in Channel Ten needing to do well, I suppose the Big Bash League could be a ratings winner that's worth taking away from Fox Sports?

Reply #447200 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Exactly hoping for bigger ratings as good as the pay-tv ratings were for the BBL, Foxtel is still only in around 30% of households so potential for much more exposure on Ten and thus advertising dollars.

Reply #447227 | Report this post

HO  
Years ago

This forum has a short memory.

Reply #447243 | Report this post

GuesswhosBACK  
Years ago

With 1 more season left in the contract.. in the last season, would it breach the contract for NBL to use some of that time shopping the NBL to channel 9 and Seven?

Reply #447264 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

lol... ch9 & 7... no thanks

Reply #447467 | Report this post

GuesswhosBACK  
Years ago

want to elaborate?

Reply #447471 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:12 pm, Tue 23 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754