paul
Years ago

Sydney @ Melbourne - 1 December

There are only about 100 seats still showing as available for this game (same for the following week v NZ) so if you are in Melbourne and want to go I'd book soon.

Walker v Young will be an incredible athletic match-up, and Farrakhan's excellent defensive pressure will be a test for Carmouche.

Of course, the big one is Goulding v Madgen, two guys who have stepped up their game enormously in recent times to be stars of the league. Will they guard each other?

Should be a good game now the Kings have had longer to fit Young into their system, perhaps Sydney by a whisker.

Topic #33227 | Report this topic

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

"There are only about 100 seats still showing as available for this game"

Noice!

I'm also feeling inclined to the Kings with the advantage of playing Melbourne after the Tiger's big road trip.

Reply #447244 | Report this post

Lance_Uppercut  
Years ago

Should be a good match up. Looking like this game will be a sell out. It's televised on FTA on Channel 10 at 2pm on Sunday

Reply #447258 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

This should be a fantastic game. Melbourne back from road trip across the ditch could be unpredictable.

Sydney. This is a real test for them after Perth used them as a floor mop last round. Will they stand up and come back hard? or allow themselves to be pushed around?

I think it would be a long week on the training deck in Sydney this week and they have more at stake.

It'll either be Sydney by about 2, or Melbourne by about 22.

Reply #447274 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

Still can't belive people were tipping Kings by double-digits against Perth (in fact, have done so for all three Kings-Wildcats matches). I mean FFS people, watch the league why doancha?

Anyway, can see Anstey's troops giving everything against the Breakers to get a redemption win, but then copping the same from Shane Heal's boys. I would NOT want to be in the shoes of any Sydney player if they get thumped here.

Reply #447279 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Didn't think Sydney by double figures in Perth, but I did think $4 could be a reasonable bet given it was Perth's second game and Young was an unknown with potential to have an impact.

Certainly didn't expect Young to phone it in so badly.

As I said to a friend, I got it so wrong that Centrebet should've automatically deducted more from my account.

Sydney are paying a bit in this one too but not enough to tempt me. Home court advantage should be strong and it's hard to bet on the Kings given their PG situation, especially when the Tigers have upgraded that spot.

Reply #447315 | Report this post

D4444  
Years ago

Still, Melbourne does have to play tonight in NZ then travel home while Sydney will be fresh. That advantage didn't help them in Perth but might just be enough to get them over the line against Melbourne.

Reply #447342 | Report this post

Wilson Sting  
Years ago

Was Young that bad? I didn't see the game but his stat line was what I expected from a first game import.

Reply #447346 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

He wasnt terrible, but he looked like a guy with absolutely no understanding of an NBL style of game, which is fair enough given he hasnt really tasted international-style basketball before, had only been training for a week, and was on a team that wasnt functioning at all!

Reply #447348 | Report this post

Proud  
Years ago

He thought he could easily beat Damien Martin and Damo stole it off him several times and "was brought to the league to stop Ennis" and done a very hard foul which Ennis hit the floor with a good thud... Not expecting Walker or Wortho to take such shit if he tries that in this game so expect fireworks.

Goulding vs. Madgen will be gould!
Morrison vs. Ogilvy will be fascinating as if Ogilvy has 8 DT points then kings get smashed

I think Gleason will play his first game in a Kings uniform so hopefully he adds leadership and ball handling and playmaking to this über talented Kings lineup.

But I'm predicting that Tigers by 20 after Young gets ejected after a dirty unsportsmanlike foul on Mustaphar and showing what both imports bring to this league and start a mini brawl and both get ejected...

Hammer's a tool and expect him to need a good peroxiding after this one

Reply #447517 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:48 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754