Mick
Years ago

Jason Kidd Spills his drink...

Does anyone else think he did that intentionally to mess up Meeks' free throw rhythm? ? The whole thing looked staged...

http://www.nba.com/video/games/nets/2013/11/28/0021300218-lal-bkn-play5.nba

Topic #33235 | Report this topic

Kobe24  
Years ago

Ofcourse he did, he can be seen mouthing the words 'hit me'... great player, out of his depth with antics like this at the coaching level. Reminds me of something Radford would've done!

Reply #447469 | Report this post

BJF  
Years ago

Same guy that deliberately ran into an opposition coach to gain a tech foul.

Reply #447485 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

He'd run out of time outs and left his assistant to deliver instructions. Because it wasn't an official timeout, the Lakers simply listened in!

Reply #447506 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Quality move, with average acting skills...

Reply #447519 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

$50,000 fine apparently

Reply #447559 | Report this post

Proud Dad  
Years ago

$50,000 fine. Could get a few acting classes for that...

Reply #447576 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

NEW YORK: Brooklyn Nets coach Jason Kidd was fined $US50,000 ($A55,000) by the NBA on Thursday for deliberately spilling a cup of soda on the court as a delaying tactic to halt a game.

The move came in the last seconds of a 99-94 home loss on Wednesday to the Los Angeles Lakers.

Kidd denied the spill was intentional, but television replays show Kidd saying "hit me" to Tyshawn Taylor as the Nets guard was walking toward him with 8.3 seconds remaining and Brooklyn out of timeouts.

Taylor bumped his coach and Kidd spilled the drink on the floor.
Advertisement

Intentional or not, the delay worked to Brooklyn's benefit by giving Kidd time to draw up a final play in hopes of scoring - but the play didn't work and the Nets lost.

"Cup slipped out of my hand ... sweaty palms," Kidd said.

"In the heat of the battle, you're trying to get guys in and out of the game and the cup fell out of my hand."

Despite video replays showing Kidd clearly mouthing his instructions, Taylor also denied the deliberate nature of the delay tactic.

"I wasn't paying attention, I just kind of bumped him ... I was just coming out, and he was in my way," Taylor said.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/sport/basketball/not-kidding-nba-coach-jason-kidd-fined-us50000-for-spilling-soda-20131129-2ygcv.html#ixzz2m0btpExX

Reply #447615 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:57 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754