HoldenV8
Years ago

Luke Schenscher - 150 NBL Games

Tonight's game at the Adelaide Arena between the 36ers and Hawks will be Luke Schenscher's 150th NBL game.

30 year old Schenscher, born in Hope Forest (near Willunga), is currently the only South Aussie born player in Joey Wright's main rotation. He made his NBL debut for the 36ers when Scott Ninnis was coach in 2008, and before tonight has played 61 games for the 36ers, 55 for Townsville and 33 for Perth (where he won the 2009-10 championship).

Congratulations Big Red.

Topic #33241 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Luke has also played 31 NBA games plus 3 NBA post season games, with his best regular season games being 10 points and 4 rebounds in a win over Portland and 3 points/8 rebounds in a loss to Washington. He also had a game of 5 points and 4 rebounds in Chicago's 2006 Finals series against Miami, who eventually won the championship.

Reply #447564 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who knew?

Reply #447569 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Congratulations Luke, what a great effort. Let's hope it's celebrated with a team win. Who will step up to chair the big fella off the court?

Off court too is a great bloke.

Reply #447570 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Shame he's not playing for the Hawks and finishing his career actually playing basketball.

Reply #447575 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

Congrats to big red im sure the sixers will cruise to victory against the hawks. The Adelaide frontline will thump the hawks.

Reply #447579 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

150 games of mediocrity.. congratulations big fella.

Reply #447583 | Report this post

Muzz Buzz  
Years ago

^ please enlighten us with your list of basketball achievements.

Be sure to include photos of playing for Australia, in the NBA and in the Final 4 championship game

Reply #447590 | Report this post

Max Power  
Years ago

Congrats to big Luke, I really love his game which is weird considering im a PG myself.

Terrific and willing passer from the post, great shot changer and a decent post game.

Luke comes across as a guy who had to work hard on his craft to achieve the success he has had, I wish him more success in the future. Very under rated player, defers to other players without complaint when he could easily be a star in this league.

Reply #447597 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He played for Australia at a time where Australia was VERY light on talent... 2002/2001 I believe... in a period where we didn't even make the World Championships.

He was in the NBA sure... at 7 ft 1, most players who can find there elbows are either given a look, or come close. Commendable that he played some games and was in there.. but come on, lets not pretend the guy is a 'great' player because he fumbled his way onto an NBA team.... the NBA has had it's share of duds... and I say he was one, remember his BEST game was a 10 point 4 rebound effort.. Modest really, if he averaged that amount I might think he is a little better than "meh"

In the sense that he has found himself in some pretty good positions... he has done well.. and good on him. No, I can't provide you with pictures of me playing for Australia or the NBA, however if I were 7 ft.. I am very sure I could, because I KNOW.. if my height was comparable to his.. I have WAY more game then Luke Schensher does.

Joey Wright hiding Schensher nice and deep on the bench has done Luke favours really... in 10-15 minutes a game its hard to be remembered as playing god-awful. Lets not forget how woeful luke was basically ALL last season... When he pulls off a decent move I am left in a dangerous shock that could very well kill me.

I remember him being "ok" in the mid 00's in his first stint with Adelaide.. At a time where NBL was even weaker in the big man department and where I think Chris Anstey was the only other 7 footer. Luke Schenshers skills are.... being seven foot and not having any medical/physical ailments.

Reply #447598 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lukes a great player, apart from last season with Marty every team he has been on in the NBL as usually the starting C, has been a playoff team, including a title in Perth, its no fluke imo, with many of them running a large part of there offense through him, even though his scoring numbers and assist numbers are not huge he was very key to the offense in basically every team he has played on.

He is only on the bench in Adelaide as we are loaded with bigs and DJ and Schensch are not ideal playing too much together especially as the NBL is a smaller league. He would be starting and a fairly key component on many other roster, i reckon the Kings who have Ogilvy, NZ with Pledger being the only teams he wouldnt start on right now.

Reply #447599 | Report this post

Muzz Buzz  
Years ago

insert rule - Never argue with an idiot as it just creates 2

Reply #447602 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

LOL. ok then... Luke is a GREAT player.

Reply #447606 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The only high school player to ever play for the Boomers too.

Reply #447610 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

are schenscher hater and kobe lover the same troll?

Reply #447612 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Look, he has some things on his resume that SOUND GOOD... but if you actually watch him play... He ranges from terrible to mediocre at best.

Reply #447621 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

For those of you on here caning Luke Schenscher.....even if you were 7'1" how many of you would have made it to the NBA? Even if only for 34 NBA games.

Did any of you make it to the NCAA Final Four and earn All Final Four team honours?

Are there any Boomers singlets you've earned through selection to the team hanging in your closet? While still in high school no less.

How many of you have won an championship as a starter with the most successful club in NBL history?

Anyone? Anyone?

Not bad for someone that some like to claim has no skills and who is seemingly only there because of his height.....

Reply #447622 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Exactly, Schenscher is a very good player, has had success at a range of levels, in many of them as a starter or key component, he is one of the best SA basketballers in the current era and i am glad he is a 36er, lets support a quality SA bballer not bag him.

Reply #447625 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why get on a thread congratulating a player on a career milestone and bag him, you must have a sad little life.

Well done big red! Good to see you reach your 150 at home!

Hope to see that big sky hook tonight.

Reply #447626 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Some of this stuff is really small and pathetic. Probably the same types who approach him every five minutes when they are hammered telling there stories of how good they were in under 12's! Great career so far, subtle game changer, and killed in when he was let off the chain in TSV.

Reply #447627 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

Anonymous tool

Reply #447641 | Report this post

skud  
Years ago

Great player and a good South Aussie. Does the little things that most people don't notice and that Johnson cant seem to learn. Hasn't been utilized for a while properly for the last few seasons as the go to player under the ring.
Hope he sticks around for a while since he would get more court time and a higher scoring rate in other teams.

Reply #447664 | Report this post

Proud  
Years ago

How much was the fall last season affecting him to this day?

It feels like he is in pain when you watch him running the floor and that wasn't something I noticed in his Townsville days

Reply #447862 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:30 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754