Anonymous
Years ago

Tigers v Kings?

Is this game on Channel ONE or TEN today?

Topic #33250 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

One due to the golf being on ten

Reply #447773 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

My guide is saying TEN?

Reply #447774 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's on Ten

Reply #447775 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Please put Ballinger on for Worthington. Need a cooler head inside...

Reply #447778 | Report this post

Tyrell  
Years ago

farakkhan's numbers remind me of Scott Christopherson!

Reply #447779 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

Boom Sam Young! !!!!

Reply #447780 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

Even though they had 22 at quarter time, it's still pretty evident the Kings need aPG

Reply #447782 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

Morrison and Carmouche are definitely on my import wish list next season.

Reply #447784 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

really don't like Worthingtons attitude

Reply #447785 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

umps need to reign the contact in

Reply #447786 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

And run a Carmouche/Young pick and roll.

Reply #447787 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

One of the worst refereeing exhibitions I have seen for a LONG time.

Reply #447789 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

madgen smadgen ..... can't watch him anymore.... take him off....

Reply #447790 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

and thats all he can do at the mo ...

Reply #447791 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

Thank goodness for the Tigers Farrakhan doesn't have an NBA out clause.

Reply #447792 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They deserve him. Yet another poor Anstey coaching decision.

Reply #447793 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

youngs drive at 50 to go then arm lock by wortho ----- whistle ref, just blow !!!!

Reply #447794 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

off goulding knocking it out of farrakhans hands

Reply #447796 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

more attitude from wortho on AJ.... give wortho a lollipop

Reply #447797 | Report this post

Pure Silk  
Years ago

Young is a Beast. Sydney will really challenge Perth and us ( 36ers ) for the title I reckon.

Reply #447798 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

Sydney are not going deep because they have no Point Guard

Reply #447799 | Report this post

Simo  
Years ago

@ Pure Silk - You really think Sydney will challenge Perth for the title this year, did u see last weeks game between them ??

Reply #447800 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

Perth v Adelaide final imo.

Reply #447801 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If Sydney replace CC with a decent PG who can get Madgen and Ogilvy going they will be very dangerous, but with there current line up im not worried about them at all, Ogilvy and Madgen are not used well at all since Sanders left and its hurt the team big time.

Reply #447802 | Report this post

Pure Silk  
Years ago

Simo - I think the 36ers have Perth's measure and match up very well against them and Sydney will be up there purely based on Sam Young , Ogilvy and Madgen. It was his 1st game last week and you saw today he was a lot better. I have those 3 teams as the only Championship hopes.

Reply #447803 | Report this post

GuesswhosBACK  
Years ago

Sam Young has shown his abillities this week, but regardless.. Sydney aren't going to be in the top 2 this year... not happening.

Reply #447804 | Report this post

Simo  
Years ago

Pure Silk - I agree that he was much better today no doubt, and im sure he'll get better as the season goes on, but overall Sydney are not on the same level as Perth & Adelaide. The 36ers do trouble the Wildcats in a way that no other team will this year. It should be an interesting GF should Perth & Adelaide get there, i think whoever has the home court advantage will win it all.

Reply #447805 | Report this post

Pure Silk  
Years ago

Didn't say top 2 - I have 36ers , Perth & Sydney in that order. I wouldn't be writing them off though. Their top 3 matches up very well against Perth ( Ennis , Beal & Redhage ) & 36ers ( Ervin , Johnson & Gibson )

Reply #447806 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

A team that tallies six assists two straight games is not going to win a championship.

Reply #447807 | Report this post

GuesswhosBACK  
Years ago

Pure Silk... Sydneys top 3 players is Young... a mile of daylight.. Ogilvy... daylight... and err? maybe carmooche or Madgen... ? Madge hasn't been himself this season, and with more athletic players at his position.. hes not gonna average 20+ ppg again this season/

Reply #447808 | Report this post

Pure Silk  
Years ago

Statsheet Stuffer & GuesswhosBACK - I think you guys are missing the point nor don't quite understand. What I am saying is Sydney now clearly have upgraded and with time to Gel they will be a contender. Anyone who knows bball would say they are a show now. Let me be CLEAR - 36ers & Perth are top 2 then I have Sydney. Melbourne , NZ next with the rest making up numbers.

Reply #447809 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

Sydney probably have the most talented starting five in the league, but they lack 1) access to that talent and 2) depth.

Reply #447810 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sam Young should be collecting his first NBL player of the week award this week.

Reply #447812 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

Silk, you say Sydney will really challenge Perth and Adelaide, then you say they will just make up the numbers in the top four.

Sydney will not come close. They have great individual talent on both ends, but have no organisation on offense. Players don't just become Point Guards in the space of a couple months. It just won't happen for the Kings this season.

Reply #447813 | Report this post

NBL Fan  
Years ago

Apparently it was a sellout?

Reply #447814 | Report this post

NBL Fan  
Years ago

Looked pretty full

Reply #447815 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

3500 wwho cares. They werent there to see the Tigers.
Who cares about Pert or syney ot Adleaide, the refs were sh!t.
Cooper is supposed to be in charge and todats refeering exhibition is a clear reason why the fans dont like NBL referees.

Reply #447834 | Report this post

Pure Silk  
Years ago

^^
Above rant made no sense ??

Reply #447836 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wortho carrying an injury shouldn't be playing. Looks very sore when even running in straight lines. Ballinger needs more minutes

Reply #447838 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pure Silk if you have the Tigers up there you are deluded. Anstey can't coach. How many seasons will the Tigers reward failure.

Reply #447844 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

Wortho carrying that giant chip on his shoulder and trying not to trip over his big sooky bottom lip all the time would be a bit of a hindrance as well...

It's a bit disappointing that so much was made of the tin shed being "sold out" when other teams worst crowds of the season would still manage to pack it out, especially in the Mecca of Australian Basketball...

Reply #447845 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Has Ballinger ever registered a donut in every statistical category before?

Given his lack of minutes lately he's either injured or Anstey is ushering him towards the door.

Reply #447847 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

Sam Young player of the week over Mika Vukona or Ennis? Erm, no.

Reply #447848 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

27 & 10 in a road win.

Reply #447852 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

Against Vukona who was two assists shy of a triple-double (14p ***17*** rebounds, 8a, 3s 1b)? Or the 33p 8r 2s, block and assist of Ennis in a road win?

Reply #447855 | Report this post

Proud  
Years ago

Mika Vukona is a certainty for player of the week and had Ennis made his free throws and scored 40 then he would challenge him. Young um not bloody likely!

Madgen 5 assists, Garlepp 1 assist, rest of the team 0 assists.

I honestly can't understand the Sam Young hype, AJ Ogilvy dominated the league and then this hot shot import comes along and Ogilvy just seems upset when he was more placid and composed.

Coming into the season it felt like best Australian shooting guard in the league was a flip of the coin between Madgen and Goulding (Gliddon catching up) but to have Goulding shooting 19 shots more than Madgen... WOW

Ballinger and McMillan both played under 7 minutes... Wtf?

Lucas Walker had what 2 shots?

Anstey is in a huge need of getting his team behind closed doors and re-assessing where this tigers team are going as having Goulding shoot 25 times and Worthington rewarded with 37 minutes to play angry yet awful basketball. Tomlinson plays lots of minutes but I'd love to see him penetrate more and see what could come from the defense...

I seen potential in Scott Christopherson and felt he was not used in the right way, Farrakhan I'm sorry mate but I can't see what you do better than Owen Odigie as you both defend well and um what else do you do?

Game was ultimately pathetic but I loved hearing from players on the bench and the 2 coaches and I'm a massive fan of Bradtke on commentary

Reply #447856 | Report this post

Simo  
Years ago

Too bad they dont have a player of the week award anymore, but if they did i'd take Mika or Ennis over Young

Reply #447858 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

Vukona or Ennis would win POW. Young was good though, without him Sydney would have got smashed

Reply #447859 | Report this post

Curtley  
Years ago

There's a reason the kings have no pg, it's so that Shane heal can be their pg later in the year

Reply #447868 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

Young was good though, without him Sydney would have got smashed

Pretty sure it wouldn't have been a smashing... Other than Goulding and Morrison, the rest of the Tigers performed fairly poorly...

They managed to make a good target of Morrison though, I have to admit to being jealous that we couldn't get OUR premier big man the ball as easily...

Reply #447871 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

Maybe the Tigers signed Farrakhan to be defensive cover for Greer until he returns....as can't see why else he is out here as he plays D but is very limited on O.

The Tigers need a solid import PG...Tomlinson is coming along but if they want to be a contender with Perth/Adelaide Tomlinson can't be playing 40 mins a game as your leading PG....he might have improved but he should be a back up (7 to 15mins per game)

Reply #447874 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Still think SYD aren't capable of contending.

The competition is quite close this year, however you can break up the league into sections.

Top Tier
- Adelaide
- Perth

Second Tier
- Sydney
- New Zealand
- Cairns
- Melbourne

Fourth Tier
- Townsville

IMO, Sydney and NZ are the more superior teams in Tier Two. Cairns and Melbourne solid, but not as good. Townsville in a Tier of their own.

Perth and Adelaide still the front runners of the competition.

Why?

A: Depth. These two teams are strong at every position on the floor. Sydney, Melbourne, Townsville have no where near the same depth. New Zealand has some depth, but its not the diverse depth they once had (i.e. depth on the bench still, but not defensive stoppers, rebounders)

Reply #447955 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

^ Did Wollongong steal the other tier and disappear into some kind of alternate dimension?

Reply #447958 | Report this post

Wilson Sting  
Years ago

Good observation from MACDUB though I think you're giving NZ a bit more credit than they deserve.

Reply #447961 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Because the Hawks are too hard to rate.

They can play well and be competitive (36ers game) or they can get a mauling and look like a SEABL team (Wildcats game).

Reply #447965 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

But if i had to pick..id say Tier 3.5

Maybe Tier 3.7.

Bit better than the Crocs.

Reply #447966 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

NZ have won 3 championships in a row and aren't done and dusted yet. They still may wreck some teams title aspirations.

Reply #447969 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Unlikely, the only two teams with legitimate title aspirations are the Wildcats & 36ers.

Reply #447972 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

You don't have to be a title aspirant yourself to screw over someone else's shot at the top.

Reply #447973 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

What a great SF series it could be if NZ finish fourth and get Perth.

Reply #447974 | Report this post

Wilson Sting  
Years ago

Would love to see that. Perth would smash NZ by 20 each game. But unfortunately NZ won't be good enough for the playoffs this year.

Reply #447987 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Perth & NZ have played once alreadythis season with Perth winning by 7, I'll have some of what you're smoking Wilson.

Reply #447997 | Report this post

Wilson Sting  
Years ago

Perth aren't playing with any real intensity at the moment and they're still beating everyone (except Adl). They'll step it up come playoffs and really show who's number one.

Reply #448062 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

Aww, Wilson <3

Reply #448085 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

I could just as easily say the same about NZ.
Don't forget the Breakers got thrashed twice last season by Perth and yet come Finals time, they swept them.
I don't think NZ will win the title this season but I'm not going to say they can't in round 9.

Reply #448147 | Report this post

Speed44  
Years ago

I'm sure this has been mentioned a million times, and I know what he is trying to say, but why does Carfino constantly call this the "Capital City Clash"?

Sure, the Big City Bash, or the Metropolis Matchup, but the Capital City Clash is just bulls**t.

Reply #448256 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

I really don't think many generally applicable lessons can be taken from last year's finals series - the team that Perth actually reached the GF with was a frankenstein monster. They were a fairly unique set of circumstances with two in-season immediate retirements, a new player and then a season injury. Makes it hard to extrapolate to the teams running around this year.

Reply #448257 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

@Speed44 - I think that's the name of the series between the Kings & Tigers the last couple of seasons... was a cup or something, not sure if it's just metaphorical this season or not...

Reply #448288 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:08 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754