Anonymous
Years ago

Australian School Championships?

Dante will be playing for his school.

Will Isaac Humphries, Kyle Clark, Will White?

Topic #33251 | Report this topic

Phobus  
Years ago

Stupid time to put the comp on! A lot of better players from some schools away in New Zealand at the Oceania Championships!

Reply #447781 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Isaac Humphries will be playing.. not sure about the other 2

Reply #447811 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Caulfield Grammar will win mens

Reply #447823 | Report this post

m  
Years ago

Will White's team did not make it as both whites didn't play in the QLD championships and as far as I know Kyle Clark is home schooled (correct me if i'm wrong).

Reply #447828 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kyle's team did not make it, Hellyer College in Burnie Tas.

Reply #447850 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yuppy comp for rich parents and those who have scholarships, not the have nots and those kids doing it tough in public schools.

Reply #447941 | Report this post

Rex  
Years ago

Suggest you get along and watch St James College out of Brisbane, you could not be further from the truth regarding your yuppie and scholarship comments.

Reply #447950 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Public Launceston College from Tas.

Reply #447960 | Report this post

m  
Years ago

Couldn't agree with you more Rex, maybe anon should do some research on St James before he talks next time.

Reply #447983 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Be great to see Australia develop a high school basketball culture like the US, would only be good for the game.

Not sure we need more tournaments though. Not unless say the VJBL was willing to have a season run for less than 13 months a year.

Reply #448004 | Report this post

dane suttle  
Years ago

My one basketball achievement was competing in this event in it's first year, 1983. I played at a public school, Templestowe High [Victoria] and we were lucky enough to beat Barkers College [NSW] in the final.
There is a great article in todays Melbourne Age on Dante Exum playing in the tournament. He even scores a front page photo.

Reply #448071 | Report this post

Coops  
Years ago

Dante's school Ginninderra College is a public school, although it does benefit from being the closest public school to the AIS. Lakers beat Caulfield yesterday.

Reply #448113 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

tournament is a joke!

Semi Final

Lakers 2 AIS player no connection with the school or Canberrra put up over 70 shots between them....

Reply #448431 | Report this post

Alpha  
Years ago

What do you mean Anon - they don't go to the School or live in Canberra. Most of the AIS athletes attend LC in Canberra, but the ASC allows only 2 bball AIS players to play for the school otherwise it would be a national team against other schools.

Reply #448439 | Report this post

rex  
Years ago

"Lakers 2 AIS player no connection with the school or Canberrra"

Apart from the fact they go to School there and live in Canberra.

Reply #448441 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well I wouldn't worry about them! Scots have 9 State players including 4 past or present Australian players in their team. They didn't even need to start their 3 Aussie players in the Semi! I guess buying a team does pay off as I can't see anyone beating them! Good luck to them if they want to win a school tournament that badly. One of the players attends the AIS so not sure how he qualifies??

Reply #448467 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Take the ais boys out of lake g and they would not win a game in div 3

Reply #448475 | Report this post

GuesswhosBACK  
Years ago

LOL. isnt everyone so lovely with their judgements on teenage boys half their ages? lol

Reply #448476 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Scotts had all that talent but a pretty shit coach so goes to show cant buy championship. Humphries under utilized and by time he got going Lake gin 10 pts up. Other coach had talent but not depth good on him for getting the job done.

Reply #448912 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Humphries under utilized.."

Sounds like the wrap of the gold medal game at 16 Nationals - Humphries watching his teammates shoot bricks over his head while their outmatched coach just complained to the referees all game.

Reply #448980 | Report this post

bring it  
Years ago

Anyone have any results of the nationals for Girls?

Reply #448984 | Report this post

dutch oven  
Years ago

just go to BA website for your needs

Reply #448993 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

lake G coach had talent?????

cultureless college with no concept of development.... again take their imports away and they would not even be top 3 in CAnberra

Please tell me about your extensive team training schedules LG????

Champions by default, bring back the old rules have AIS players who are out of school age!!! or play with the schools thay have attended prior to the last year...

Reply #449038 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:59 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754