Libertine
Years ago

Funny Goorjian Likes Adelaide For Title

In a recent interview with nbl.com.au, Brian Goorjian mentioned how he thought Adelaide were the favourites last year, and how they'll definitely be in the mix this year. Also he mentions something about a 2nd AIS kid:

nbl.com.au: You spoke about Brisbane, but there are a number of other teams who look much improved, like Cairns for example. What other clubs do you look at as being a real threat this upcoming season?

Brian Goorjian: I think Adelaide. I mean, I thought Adelaide was the team to beat last year. If you look at what their players are doing outside of the league, people like Jacob Holmes and David Cooper, they bring back Willie Farley and Dusty Rychart again, and they've got two kids playing at the AIS that I've been watching and I really like. I think the Sixers are really dangerous....

2nd AIS kid is Ingles, I presume?

Topic #3326 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

You'd have to assume as much.

I hear a lot about Dodman, but I've never seen him play. Is he going to be an NBL option after Ingles? A PF to back-up Rychart?

Reply #38345 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

I was hoping it would be Steven Weigh - that would be exciting. Heard too many people go on about that guy, the hype has to be serious.

Dodman? I'd give him another few years yet. Earn his ropes in the Sturt ABL team training with Oscar and Fink, and he should develop pretty well under Rick Castle. Right ATM I'd rate Bungey alot better chance to get a Sixers backup spot then him.

Reply #38348 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i dont think you can class Dodman as AIS, only lasted a week!

was there not a thread about the second AIS signing around a month ago?

Reply #38373 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I wasn't mentioning Dodman in the context of being that second AIS player. Just asking out of general interest. Sorry to confuse.

Reply #38375 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

word is there's another AIS man looking to come to SA, big man.

Reply #38378 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

By the way it seems as though Dodman is heading toward Football, with him making the state under 18 side. At 6ft9 he would be a handy pick up for any AFL team.

Reply #38379 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

Sydney V Adelaide games aer always a cracker!
Im thinking that Brian is maybe just trying to sway a bit of the pressure and expectation away from his team which is smart.
Im looking forward to seeing the guys kick their ass in a high scoring game!

Reply #38569 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:38 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754