sharod
Years ago

What's wrong with NY Knicks?

Judging on the current roster, they should not be placing at the bottom end of the east. Would Jeremy Lin go back to NY helps?

Topic #33260 | Report this topic

Moneyballer  
Years ago

The guys who were surprisingly good last season are playing bad (Shumpert, JR, Kenyon Martin),Felton and Chandler have been injured and they made some dumb moves eg. trading for Bargnani.

Reply #447988 | Report this post

NBL Fan  
Years ago

Melo keeps taking game winning shots.

Reply #447989 | Report this post

Achtung Baby  
Years ago

over achieved in a poor conference last season. That said, still plenty of time to come back in what is now a ridiculously woeful conference. only 3 games behind number 1 team in the atlantic, and each conf gets a finals spot...

Reply #447990 | Report this post

SamCro  
Years ago

Their a complete shambles & with no Chandler to clean up the mess of others at the defensive end the Knicks are badly exposed! Melo is no leader IMO & it must start with him about committing to playing some 'D'. The Knicks game plan is too simply outscore teams rather than digging in playing 'D' & getting consecutive stops in the 4th quarter. With their payroll & their poor record something will happen soon, watch this space...

Reply #447998 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Poor team balance - too many players need the ball in their hands
No rim protection
No point guard penetration
No leadership

Reply #448000 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

Get Kidd to coach em...

Reply #448002 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What is wrong with the Knicks? Melo. Most overrated player in the NBA.

Reply #448003 | Report this post

Moneyballer  
Years ago

C'mon guys, Melo is obviously not the problem. When Chandler is back and healthy they will have that rim protection and when Felton is at 100% they will have that solid point guard who penetrates. The problem is the other players on the squad, If they could trade for a guy like Luol Deng they could right the ship. A line up like this would get more wins.
C Chandler
PF Melo
SF Deng
SG Hardaway Jr.
PG Felton

Reply #448019 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Jimmy Dolan. That's what's wrong with them.

I see the Lakers being similarly hamstrung while Jim Buss has his greasy finger in the pie.

Pretty hard to win with a terrible owner, let alone a terrible owner who insists on being involved in the basketball decisions.

At least Donald Sterling has learned -- after decades of endless losing -- to butt out.

Reply #448024 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

However specifically related to the roster: they can't defend, even with Chandler in, and they are full of shoot-first players. They have zero financial flexibility as well as a couple of untradeable assets on BIG coin.

I mean...who the hell trades FOR Andrea Bargnani? May as well draft Ben Allen in the first round next year.

Oh that's right, they traded away all their first round draft picks from now until forever...

Reply #448025 | Report this post

Whitey  
Years ago

Exactly mick, the Knicks next 1st round is in 2018. There is talk they want asik, but the rockets are asking two first rounders for asik.

Reply #448042 | Report this post

Anonas  
Years ago

same as Lakers. whats wrong with Lakers too since last year

Reply #448050 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

As a Knicks fan it's painful to watch them. Even if we got a top 5 draft pick we sit back and watch another team take the pick.

Reply #448056 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Lakers are at least doing OK considering Kobe isn't there and the rest of the roster is largely forgettable.

Reply #448065 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

I am actually admiring the play of the Lakers.

They have a bunch of players who aren't exactly elite players. But they play with so much heart.

I remember reading something early in the season where D'Antoni, Nash and the entire team came out and said that it was the most together and unified group they had being apart of.

I know Lakers fan have this expectation that they are always going to be contending for the championship.

But something tells me, fans have a lot of respect for the team (even though they won't contend), because they play hard, with passion and together

Reply #448092 | Report this post

Rhea  
Years ago

No defense

Reply #448093 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm a lakers fan and the mere fact this team competes is awesome with zero superstars, or even mid level stars

With Kobe in, who knows they may make playoffs!

Reply #448171 | Report this post

ricey  
Years ago

No Chandler = no wins. That simple. The guy is the anchor for every aspect of the team, and keeps everyone in check. They also need to learn to pass again like early last season. Bargnani has been a good player since being picked up, Artest on the other hand has had me scratching my head a little. Once Melo pisses off next season I will be happy, unless the team picks up a stupid contract for another player who hates to pass

Reply #448172 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nothing is wrong with the Knicks - they stink, and it's great!

Reply #448247 | Report this post

Speed44  
Years ago

Why do people still defend Melo? He's a fine player and a good scorer, but he will never win anything being the "Main Man". He has to realize this and get over himself.

I suspect that he doesn't really care about winning a title though, he is around to pad his stats and collect his cheques....and that's fine too, but don't expect his teams to win then.

As an anon said above, the most over-rated player in the association.

Reply #448255 | Report this post

hoopie  
Years ago

I'm with Ricey & Mick

Reply #448270 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Melo cops it like Kobe as in saying they don't win anything with others yet that's the case for most that people That every one speaks positively about.

Magic and Kareem
Bird, Mchale and parish
Jordan and pippen
Olajuwon and drexler
Duncan and robinson
Duncan, Parker and ginobli
Shaq and Kobe
Shaq and wade
Gasol had Kobe
Pierce, Allen and Garnett
Lebron, bosh and wade

Do you honestly think a healthy Knicks team starting
Felton
Shumpert
Melo
Amare
Chandler
Not make the playoffs in a weak east??? I'm a lakers fan and hope we don't sign melo next summer but the guy does cop a fair bit of flack. I watched him the other day bust it and grab 17 boards as well as scoring plus 20. He had
very few helpers.

Take away Westbrook or durant from thunder. Take Lebron or wade away. Take Duncan or Parker away. Take gasol or Randolph. Take Aldridge or Lillard away. Take George or west. You could do that with most teams. All players cannot do it alone.

Who does melo have now as decent support?

Not sure, I think bosh is more overrated!

Reply #448357 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Amare?? bahahaha he is DONE.
Carmelo plays ZERO defence - hence Shumpert getting on him.....and then getting benched for it.

The Knicks are a rabble, and Melo is the worst "superstar" in the NBA.

Reply #448373 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That's why I said if they had an amare that was healthy like before.

Melo is poor defensively as we all know but one of the best scorers in the league. Isn't it the responsibility of the Knicks to surround him with an appropriate support cast? This doesn't mean that melo shouldn't look to get better defensively but the Knicks knew his strengths and weaknesses when signing him

Reply #448408 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And why don't people get on harden for his poor defense?????

Reply #448433 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If the 76ers had a healthy AI and Dr J they'd be around the mark too. About as realistic as a healthy Amare.

Carmello's a dud.

Reply #448453 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

They do.

Knicks are missing Chandler badly. Had a very successful run last year working Prigioni and Felton at the same time. 15-1, I read somewhere this morning? They've played under 80 minutes together this season all up.

Reply #448455 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That means hardens a dud too cause he's probably worse on defense,

Referring to dr j is a stupid comment. I'm saying that the Knicks committed 20 odd million a year to amare not knowing he'd be a dud signing.

That's my point Isaac if they had full squad and the old amare they'd be top 4 in east

Reply #448462 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:56 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754