Statsheet Stuffer
Years ago

Who you got: Alex Loughton vs Russell Hinder?

Just feel like stirring the pot a bit.

I remember debating with Mick a while back that Loughton is a lot different to Hinder as well as a better player. But Mick disagreed, saying they play the same way and are just as good as each other.

So, I put it to the broader Hoops community; who's better?

FYI, I'm trademarking the 'Who you got' series because I can just tell it's going to be a hit on this forum.

Topic #33263 | Report this topic

Moneyballer  
Years ago

Alex Loughton right now but Hinder in his prime is my pick.

Reply #448015 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Loughton everyday of the week! In past present or future

Reply #448020 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Hey I never said Hinder was better. I said they were similar, and imagine Loughton being practically the same player when he is Rusty's age.

Reply #448021 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

And, FWIW, I would take Loughton.

Reply #448022 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

And sorry for the triple post, but Loughton is having a much better year this year...at least in the 3 or 4 Cairns games I've watched. Last couple of seasons it seemed as though he was heading for a rapid Hinder-esque decline.

Reply #448023 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hinder in his prime

Loughton is certainly better now although he I must be super frustrating as a taipans supporter!

Reply #448026 | Report this post

Sammy  
Years ago

Loughton is soooooo frustrating its beyond a joke

Reply #448033 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Loughton is massively better than Hinder.
Bigger, stronger, faster. Loughton also has some semblance of an offensive game.
Hinder is a washed up fool who should've retired with dignity 3-4 years ago.

Reply #448034 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

A more interesting topic Mr Statsheet Stuffer (IMHO) is Blanchfield v Steindl.
2 Mackay boys head to head.

Reply #448036 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Blanchfield by a mile!

Reply #448037 | Report this post

GuesswhosBACK  
Years ago

Loughton vs Hinder = Loughton. Hinder was OK when he was with Sydney like 7 years ago, but has steadily deteriorated since.. fact he made the WC boomers team not only shed light on our lack of inside talent at the time.. but also showed Goorjians absolute NEED to fit Kings into the Boomers roster.

Steindl vs Blanchfeild?..... Blanchfield. He is more athletic.. seems to have more of an inside/outside game.. looks like a young Sam Mackinnon with a 3 point shot.. it wouldnt be crazy to think he could find himself in the A team Boomers mix with time. Steindl has the 3, has some length.. but hasn't got as much versatility or physical strength as the blanchmeister.

Reply #448038 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

Loughton has been hampered by Osteitis Pubis and other injuries since he represented the Boomers in 2011 I think it was. Very unfair to criticise him for the past two years. That's why he has been so up and down. This season, he is finally 100%.

Statistical comparisons of the two below:

Loughton:
http://www.sportingpulse.com/team_info.cgi?action=PSTATS&pID=190396068&client=0-189-88243-119318-11144829

Hinder:
http://www.sportingpulse.com/team_info.cgi?action=PSTATS&pID=190394933&client=0-189-88242-232872-17885836

Reply #448039 | Report this post

Hello  
Years ago

Hinder has only averaged over 10 points per game one season in his whole career.

Loughton has averaged over 10 points per game in all six of the seasons he has played.

As a sidenote, Loughton is averaging 14.3 points this season, 53.3% from the field and 48.5% from three- great season so far!

Reply #448046 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

Loughton is a great passer for a bigman too.

Reply #448047 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What has been frustrating about Loughton this year? every game I've seen he has probably been our best player, or definitely up there. Easily his best season for the Taipans so far.

Reply #448048 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And how has that worked for you?

Reply #448049 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

Loughton by a mile.

Reply #448057 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

And where does Ben Allen fit in with all this carry on?

Reply #448059 | Report this post

Wilson Sting  
Years ago

Loughton vs Hinder both in their prime might be a closer contest, i'd still give it to Loughton. But right here, right now, Loughton is miles ahead of Hinder, no disrespect to Rusty. Agree that this has been Loughton's most consistent season with cairns, but I also feel Sammy's pain that Loughton can be frustrating.

Reply #448063 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Hinder in his prime perhaps but depends what the team needed. I remember Hinder as being that guy who played D, could hit the three, dish a few assists, etc. Those players are pretty useful.

Reply #448066 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Hinder's lack of footspeed even in his ptime meant he was always ouy of position for rebounds...

If youre a big you want to be lean and fast or slow and strong, that's the trade off.

Hinder is slow and skinny. Bad combo.

Rusty's role at the crocs hasnt helped him either. He was looking great last year backing up Nevill after he arrived, but other than that he's been made to carry an unfair workload inside most seasons, which leaves him exposed. I blame the crocs for that more than rusty.

Reply #448079 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

Mick, Rusty is actually one of the fastest centres running splitline in the league, but agreed, his ground coverage in the halfcourt is woeful.

Reply #448086 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

When did Hinder have a prime?

Reply #448109 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:45 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754