Coach2234
Years ago

Nathan Jawai v Aron Baynes.. Who would you choose?

Jawai is 15 times more talented and smart and Baynes works 15 times harder than the average player. Who do u take?

Topic #33269 | Report this topic

Perth fan  
Years ago

If both are healthy?

Reply #448156 | Report this post

GuesswhosBACK  
Years ago

If both are healthy?... Hmmm.. probably Jawai... His kind of size and girth is not often found... has a better shot then Baynes and takes up ALOT of space inside. But, I would prefer not to have to choose... lets hope both are on the next few Boomers A teams.

Reply #448157 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Baynes. If he's in the NBA and at the Spurs he has talent and is coachable.

Reply #448159 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

If I can swap their brains out for a different one then I take Nate. If not I take Baynes.

Reply #448161 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Baynes

Reply #448164 | Report this post

A Nosey Mouse  
Years ago

Jawai is NOT smarter than Baynes. I'd take Nate at full potentail but i dont think he'll get there so Baynes it is.

Reply #448165 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Baynes

Reply #448168 | Report this post

Dunkin' Dan  
Years ago

Is this serious?

I have never been convinced by Jawai.
For me it's a no-brainer.

Reply #448169 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Interesting when people say Jawai is a much bigger body / more size than Baynes.

1) Both are listed at 6"10

2) Jawai is heavier. But he is carrying considerably
more fat.

3) Have you seen Baynes upper body? He is pretty damn big. Big wide shoulders and quite a bit of muscle!

People say Jawai is scary big. Yes. But Baynes' size is damn scary too.

Reply #448173 | Report this post

Lance_Uppercut  
Years ago

Jawai has a 7'5" wingspan which is why people would say he is bigger than Baynes, because his reach is substantially more.

Reply #448186 | Report this post

NBL Fan  
Years ago

Baynes

Reply #448196 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

Baynes

Reply #448197 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jawai's the better player but Baynes is the harder worker and more professional.

Reply #448213 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

5 years ago would take Jawai by a mile, how times have changed definitely going with Baynes

Reply #448220 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

BJ Anthony?

Reply #448222 | Report this post

TDJ14  
Years ago

Watched Baynes v Jawai in Cairns about 5 years ago, Baynes was all over him then.
Baynes has been an ALL STAR in almost every European League he has played in, now he's at the Spurs and considered one of their future stars after the TD era.
I'd take Baynes any day of the week.

Reply #448224 | Report this post

baller  
Years ago

Jawai is a Beast!!!! I saw his game coming back from injury with 22 points and 7 rebounds or something like that against the defending euroleague champs. I think he even sat out the whole 1st quarter. Was impressive!! Ashame he is out hurt he was looking good!

Reply #448265 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

"Baynes has been an ALL STAR in almost every European League he has played in"

He actually really struggled his first two years, took a crap job with a lowly Greek team and had a big year, then took a job with a lowly (and broke) Euroleague team and half a great season there landed him in the NBA.

It's the old theory that youre better off playing than sitting, even if you have to take a bit of a step back to get the minutes.

Reply #448272 | Report this post

Lance_Uppercut  
Years ago

Yeah I saw that game aswell baller, he looked really impressive..too bad he's injured, hopefully he can recover and be back to his best

Reply #448279 | Report this post

TDJ14  
Years ago

Hey Paul, I said almost...
He got a lot of accolades while playing in Europe, that's why a lot of the big teams were chasing, but he picked the Spurs over them and also the Timberwolves.
He has a lot of praise from all the coaches about what he does on the court, cause it's not all about stats for them.

Reply #448298 | Report this post

baller  
Years ago

I think if Nate Jawai was in good as shape as Baynes he would be a big time player in the NBA. Arn't they both from Cairns and friends? U would think they would work out together? But if Nate was in his shape he would school him as good as Baynes is..

Reply #448302 | Report this post

TDJ14  
Years ago

Yeah mates from Taipans.
Like I said, Baynes had him five years ago while he was playing for WSU.
I think their both really good players, I'd just pick Baynes any day because he's in better shape, not injury prone and works harder than anyone.

Reply #448319 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Baynes by head.
Both dumb.
Baynes harder worker.
Jawai limited low post.

Reply #448333 | Report this post

GuesswhosBACK  
Years ago

I think its a bit of an assumption that they both are dumb. Just because they are big and dont look too bright.. doesn't mean they are dumb... I think they generally make alright decisions on court?

Reply #448344 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:10 pm, Tue 23 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754