Statsheet Stuffer
Years ago

Toronto Raptors v Golden State

The Raptors were up 27 in the third quarter and GSW came back to inflict the biggest comeback loss in Toronto's history.

Curry and Thompson were 7-7 from deep in the last quarter, so it got me thinking about how dangerous they will be in May and June.

I can picture it right now; Curry and Thompson swinging off all kinds of picks, with the intelligent Lee and Bogut timing their cuts to the bucket, or simply posting up. Iguodala can play the point, so they literally have everything covered. The shooting doesn't stop when the bench unit comes on either. Toney Douglas, Harrison Barnes, Draymond Green. Crazy to think of the offensive possibilities. And I can't get over how spread the floor will be with Curry and Thompson playing on each wing. Getting to the rim is easy for the three backcourt guys. Lee is very quick on an elbow iso also.

Defensively, they're long and quick on the whole and they can force a few turnovers. Bogut will be a monster in the paint. I think they make the conference finals for sure.

How far do you think GSW will go?

Topic #33278 | Report this topic

pwned  
Years ago

Spoiler alert.

Reply #448315 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

Yeah, apologies. Spoiler everyone!

Reply #448318 | Report this post

m  
Years ago

I think they will end up losing to OKC or SA just like last year. They just need more consistent half court offense.

Reply #448320 | Report this post

NBL Fan  
Years ago

Bogut with 10 points

Reply #448330 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Agree when the playoffs come and it's that slower grinding type of ball then things will be different.

Bottom line they're about one win more than the lakers and shouldn't have been in the hole at home against an average raptors team.

Reply #448356 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Anonymous I guess you will also write of Miami since they have lost to Philadelphia, Boston and Brooklyn. It is the NBA these things happen and another reason why the NBA is good to watch!

Iguodala will be a huge improvement for Golden State in the playoffs and once he returns from injury.

Reply #448366 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sorry didn't realise that Miami were just above .500 too.

In a tight west conference im saying that they may not make it you never know. Look at twolves, they have talent and are third bottom in the conference. Currently warriors are 8th and yes it is way too early to make playoff position predictions but there's no guarantee they'll make it. Pretty talented pelican team is sitting 9th and when the grizzlies get gasol and Randolph back they'll be back. Lakers are hanging around without Kobe so who's know what they'll do with him.

So to say that I said cause they were down to Toronto means they won't make it is a pretty basic statement.

Reply #448368 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Oh and Miami are in the eastern conference so enough said!

Reply #448369 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:43 pm, Tue 16 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754