Anonymous
Years ago

Could Cameron Bairstow make the NBA?

Playing awesome for the Lobos.

Anyone think he will get drafted?

Topic #33306 | Report this topic

GWB  
Years ago

I really havent seen enough of him to say, anyone know where we could get some footage of him?... He looked pretty solid for the Boomers in the games he has played.. but I wasn't sure if he looked NBA worthy. Then again, I didn't think Baynes was until near the end of last Olympics..

Reply #448867 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

His stats would certainly suggest he has more than a chance. 19ppg

Whether his game is suited to the NBA is another thing.

Better college stats than Baynes but Baynes was a legit C.

Bairstow is 6"9/6"10. Does he have the foot speed to defend 4s?

Reply #448874 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

Yes i believe he can, he gained a lot of confidence playing in the boomers side this year and the confidence is really showing this season! Cam and Ant Drmic are the boys to watch!

Reply #448887 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

At this stage he's an outside chance. I think the chances of Drmic playing are higher.

Reply #448902 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Right now, the best Aussie prospect in college hoops is Anthony Drmic, followed by Cam Bairstow. Why? Drmic still has another year of college to go (after this season) and has excelled every season. Bairstow has just made the jump to starter late last season and is now excelling at a high level.

However, if Bairstow can take his current outstanding form into the NCAA tournament, then I would expect to see his name in the NBA draft...

Here are the numbers to date:

Bairstow - Lobos (7-1)
19.8p, 7.1, 2.8a, 1.5b, 55.1%FG

Drmic - Broncos (8-0)
20.4p, 5.1r, 1.9a, 2.7s 48.9%FG

Check out my latest articles featuring both Bairstow and Drmic as player of the week so far this season:

NCAA Spotlight on the Men: Drmic leads the nation in scoring (for one day) (11-Nov-13)

NCAA Spotlight on the Men: Bairstow the beast (19-Nov-13)

NCAA Spotlight on the Aussie Men: Drmic and the Broncos remain undefeated (4-Dec-13)

And you can also check out a podcast released by TripleDoublePodcast released today where they discuss Cameron Bairstow and his importance to New Mexico and his NBA chances...

TDP Ep.29-Bairstow for MVP

Reply #449089 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

LC, any idea why Drmic didn't play in the last game for the Broncos?

Reply #449108 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Drmic was unwell. It was not worth risking him against an inferior opponent and hence he was rested.

Reply #449109 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Bairstow was named co-Mountain West Player of the Week!

Reply #449249 | Report this post

Melbourne Boy  
Years ago

No he's not athletic enough at 6'9 to play NBA, he would fit i well in higher European leagues and from a Boomers point of view he's better off there, its more like the International game.

Reply #449273 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Did you think the same thing about Baynes before he went to Europe and developed into the player he is today? Some are too quick to judge, perhaps?

Reply #449276 | Report this post

Melbourne Boy  
Years ago

Baynes is bigger and more explosive, and will never be more than a garbage minute player waiting for the odd injury to get real minutes, At Bairstows build if you can't shoot the 3 you're in trouble unless you're a 5 man.

Reply #449278 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Too subjective and judgmental, on both counts!

Reply #449279 | Report this post

Melbourne Boy  
Years ago

In your opinion will the above comments about Baynes and Bairstow be wrong? Your opinion not a reason why you won't give one.

Reply #449287 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

See Baynes in the game today? Better than a garbage minute player if you care to watch it.

Reply #449331 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:27 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754