lou
Years ago

Taking young nephew to Kings game

Hi, my 9 year old nephew is into basket ball and I want to take him to see a game - he lives in Newcastle and I live in Sydney so I it will be a Sydney Kings game, probably 19 Jan 2014. I have never been so want to get good tickets. Can anyone tell me if first elevation and row MM is any good? Also, is there any scope to pay to meet some players or anything extra that he might love? Any help would be much appreciated. Cheers Lou

Topic #33364 | Report this topic

Grovermi$ter  
Years ago

Lou,

If the crowds are similiar to when i last saw a kings game back in 2009ish you can basically buy any seat and sit where there are free spots...

sit closer if you want or further back if you want...

Not sure how 'hands-on' the kings are after the game but i know that the 36ers players all hang around after they have done there cool down and had a shower... sometimes can be a bout a 30min wait but they are always availbale after the game for photos and autographs... i would presume the kings would be similar...

you could always email/ring the club to find out any specific questions you have and you would expect that they would provide you with a prompt reply.

good luck hope your nephew enjoys the night and the kings play well!

Reply #450096 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I would say either phone the Kings front office or post a question on the Kings Facebook page

Reply #450097 | Report this post

Woody Venkat  
Years ago

They are ok seats man should have asked me could have got you better as a Kings Member.

Reply #450110 | Report this post

Astronaut  
Years ago

Any ticket should be fine, there's plenty of spare seats so you can always move to a better seat after quarter-time. Every Sunday game so far the players have been sitting in seats on the court to sign autographs so plenty of opportuinity to meet the team.

Reply #450118 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Call the club...

Reply #450127 | Report this post

Proud  
Years ago

I'd gather that players signing autographs after a game would be something the league wants every team doing.

I got Beal. Burdon and Jervis' autograph after the last Breakers game at Perth Arena so hopefully your nephew can get to meet and greet with some of his heroes from the night

Reply #450130 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good move Lou the NBL really needs the new generation of supporter coming through once we older types disappear.

Reply #450138 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

Wouldn't you rather take your nephew to a game of basketall?

Reply #450163 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

Depends on what section, but anywhere in the lower bowl area is a good view, especially on the sides...

Not sure if there will be much chance to move down, as the Kings are pretty heavily (for them) pushing fans to come and see Young play and got over 6000 to last game... From what I saw, a lot of that was lower bowl (at least looked decent on tv).

After every game the players are really good and stick around, all spaced out, usually a good mix of import/top player, mid player and dev player at 4-6 stations spread out around the court... They're always happy to take pics with fans as well, a really friendly bunch... If you're quick to get in and line up for a star player, you can usually then pick off a few other tables as they usually have about 15mins of signing time... The only disappointment, especially if it's a once off trip, is that a key Kings player might not be available due to press conference commitments, so someone like Madgen might not come out at all, or just a few minutes and then get taken away...

Depending on the visiting team, some of those players come out as well. Perth are usually pretty good, of course Damo has family/friends here, I think even Wags would have some people make the trip up as they're usually out talking to fans in the crowd after games... ADL have a few local'ish players here, so depending on how long you stick around (before the lights start to flash and getting pushed out by security) you might see a few of those as well... Not sure about Tigers (who are playing on the 19th) players, I've only ever seen a couple well after the game... If once the Kings players go back to changerooms to warm down, if you hang out around the exit tunnel, you might see a couple and get some signatures, it's what I do if I've got something for an away team player to sign :)

Reply #450306 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:58 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754