Happy Days
Years ago

Knox Update from Boti

IN more good news, Knox - boasting one of the nation's largest community clubs - has been saved from liquidation after striking a debt-repayment deal with Knox Council over unpaid license fees and rent at the State Basketball Centre.

Knox Basketball Incorporated’s debts include almost $400,000 owed to council but the club has made a deal to repay the debts, with interest across the next three years.

KBI will cut operational costs, increase player fees and not replace staff who have resigned.

Volunteers once again will play an integral role in the club’s survival.

Former Big V chief executive Raelene Joyce was hired in August after former CEO Wayne Carroll had his contract terminated in July.

If you happen to be wondering whether any of this might have some impact on the proposed second NBL team out of Melbourne being based at the SBC, the short answer is yes.

Topic #33366 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

NO money would do that

Reply #450160 | Report this post

Proud  
Years ago

You say impact, positively or negatively?

Reply #450175 | Report this post

pandora  
Years ago

congrats to the board on negotiating this debt arrangement.Goods news for all involved and let the past be the past and everybody get on with getting the association back to where we all want it to be.

Happy days you are not really correct here, the NBL team could be based at SBC but purely on a business arrangement.What you are trying to intermate was because Knox would not be directly involved it wont't happen.Let me tell you Knox was never going to be involved no matter what anybody has said.

Reply #450183 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

This update is off Boti's blog not my words.

Reply #450191 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pandora, take it up with Boti! Don't shoot the messenger.

Reply #450193 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

If somebody should be shot its the former CEO and board for allowing this to occur in the first place!!

Reply #450197 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Happy Days - the debt has very little to do with the old board. If people would only tell the truth. The cost over runsare klargely through poor project management ie. Knox Council. They estimated utility costs at $80k pa. Actual costs have come in at $240k. There have been numerous other building matters to with gas, air conditioning and heating. All issues that the project manager is accountable for. I can reliability tell you that $300k of the $400k debt was not of the previous boards doing. I think it is time to acknowledge the truth. Don't believe me? Well rather than sprout your misinformation on forums, go and ask Joyce or Noordzy if my facts are correct.
The people who should be copping blame are getting off scot free. The previous ceo and board were good knox people who don't deserve the treatment you and others have meted out to them. So Happy Days do everyone a favor. Move on and stop dragging up old negative gossip or have the decency to get the facts before attacking good people who have been blamed for the errors of others.

Reply #450222 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

One word:Governance

Reply #450230 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Happy Days Knox Council governance I assume? Knox Board was made of volunteers with no expertise in project management.
Let me repeat myself speak to Joyce or Noordzy b4 you continue further comment.
Governance is not the real issue here. Project management and due diligence are - and the knox council is supposed to carry the expertise and accountability in this area. Not a group of people who have volunteered their time. If you are going to hang people for giving of their time in areas for which they have no expertise then I would recommend all volunteers quit their positions.
Happy Days - its time to quit your vitriolic and personal attacks on these people. If you are so big on governance then practice what you preach - go to Joyce or Noordzy to get the facts.
Prove to me and others who care about knox you are not just a hypocrite who is hell bent on destroying the good name of decent people.
Which one are you Happy Days?

Reply #450273 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Surely Knox are a tenant of the stadium?
If the utility costs were guesstimated by the Council surely the Knox basketball people should do their own research?
Of the $400K debt you are suggesting that 60% of was on the utility bills. Why is that a council problem? Pay them the $80k they guesstimated. YOu got it wrong! Looks pretty clear cut to me.
What about the 'sponsorship' they had that was going to save the world? Surely that comes into play?

Reply #450276 | Report this post

adodo  
Years ago

For f--ks sake speak to Joyce or noordzy you ignoramus. Anon seems to be speaking from a point of facts.
Nah your right anonymous hang the bastards first and worry about the facts later.
Mental note to self - never volunteer again!! Better off letting kids hang out at railway stations and deal drugs.

Reply #450279 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

So if the CEO and the board are not accountable who is? If a board doesnt have the expertise well then pay somebody who has. I think Raelene has done a good job to stem the bleeding and hopefully will have things back on track in the next few years.

Reply #450280 | Report this post

dale  
Years ago

I'm with you adodo. I wonder how many of these cheap shot posts are from people who sit back, do nothing, criticise committees and coaches. I am so disillusioned with basketball at the moment.
You know what - let's get rid of parents. If we just ran the club for kids - they'd love it, we'd love it - and the parents can stay home and bitch on forums.
PROBLEM SOLVED!!

Happy Days and mates - maybe you could volunteer your time to starting rumors and destroying people's reputations? I think you have a knack for it.

Reply #450281 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Happy Days - I repeat speak to Joyce or Noordzy!!! Hello can you hear me? The board are VOLUBTEERS - they don't get PAID!!
Haven't you understood or read my posts?

Reply #450282 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

adodo if you are indeed a volunteer. Quit. No one needs you. Clearly self important.
I made an observation earlier about the utilities bill as an outsider. I have no agendas nor give a flying rats about Knox.
If you are directing your comments as me kindly piss off.

Reply #450283 | Report this post

Stein  
Years ago

Folks, rally together, admit errors were made, eliminate the blame, and move forward.

Reply #450290 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Happy Days seems to be the only one here making sense.

adodo, dale and anon are almost certainly the same person.

Reply #450293 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

keep it up all you morons, just keep pilling up the bullshit. The debt has nothing to do with so called project management and the idiot who says it has is simply deflecting blame and is obviously one of the old board or one of its supporters. The lies and misinformation that are spread on this forum amaze me but whats even more amazing are the fools who post what they say is "the truth" but wont put their name to it.

Reply #450298 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

...says the Anon poster.

Reply #450300 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If there weren't so many vindictive, moronic, ego driven dickheads out there in positions of power maybe more people would post using their names but until then I choose to protect myself from the recriminations of fools. But as for the idiots who post saying they speak the truth, until you show your selves your so called truths are just fanciful lies.

Reply #450312 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

All im doing is offering an opinion.Everybody is entitled to an opinion to whether its right or wrong. I work on a 7 member commission which is responsible for the strategic direction of a particular sport which has 27,313 participants in its region. None of the commissioners are paid but we give our spare time outside of our corporate jobs to assist clubs and leagues to grow the sport. I understand about the role of volunteers and we are pouring money into helping make their jobs easier. We have fulltime staff available 24/7 to assist them in anyway they require. I've been asked to come onto basketball boards but unfortunately you cant do everything.

Reply #450323 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Anonymous - I keep reading your last two posts. On one hand you criticize people for lies and not having the balls to put their name up.
Then you attempt to play the almighty justifying why you shouldn't have to put your name forward.

What does HYPOCRITE mean you fool?

Reply #450528 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Regardless of anyones opinion on who is right or wrong, Knox had a $900,000 loss during the year with no plans put in place to stem the bleeding. This has been addressed, an agreement with who (and there were many) they owe money to, including council rent that wasnt paid has now been made. The wash up is kids in Knox will continue to be able to play basketball which at the end of the day is the main thing. Merry Christmas everyone and let's hope the negativity from Raiderland is well on the way to being over and done with.

Reply #450531 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Knox doing ok. Managed to find $$ to sign Richards and Wilson again.

Reply #450689 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Womens team should be similar to last year minus Andrews and Allan

Reply #450738 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Happy Days!

Reply #450751 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:24 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754