sincere
Years ago

sturt coach get off your high horse

Sturt coach, who the hell is he. he walks around like he has actually done something in basketball...last time i checked your star team lost but 35 points. Walk in and coach sturt basketball club, with all the stars, anyone can do. If he actually had any belief in his ability, take a team, and build it into a champion winner. aka Tracey Yorke with Woodville aka Eatern. all i see is a guy who thinks he is all it and a bit, because he coaches sturt. you know there are people out there who have achieved, and still dont act or walk aroud like this bloke, who as far as i can tell has done nothing.

Topic #3338 | Report this topic

new name please  
Years ago

i agree. what is it with these sturt people, think they are jordan.

(Mod: You clown. Don't change your name to post again and make it look like your opinion has support.)

Reply #38476 | Report this post

Woody  
Years ago

Have the Sturt people/coaching staff done something to you guys personally or do you just not like the look of them. As a player for the F. Eagles i have always found the players ok to talk to. It sounds like they have done something serious... Just trying to be diplomatic in the interest of inter club relations.

Reply #38477 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

this is a forum for people to vent their opinion. Here's mine...

they are two of the dumbest comments i've seen on this forum in a while, and there have been some classics.

Gareth, instead of worrying about other clubs, focus your energies on Centrals! I am sure they could benefit alot more from your contribution then people on this forum can from your comments.

Sincere, i bet you've been waiting for Sturt to lose so it doesn't look like sour grapes.

Sturt is a very successful club (and no, im not from sturt), because they take the right attitude. They focus on self-improvement, rather then stressing over what they can't change (other clubs).

As for the coach, i also dont know much about him, but with the wealth of coaching talent availble at Sturt, they are not going to appoint a puppet, are they?

Reply #38478 | Report this post

sincere  
Years ago

i dont have a problewm with the players, they have done well. successful and all that. and i applaud them, i dont even mind the club. but i saw the coach, and i had the pleasure of talking to him. and from that conversation i could not believe how much he loved himself, and attributed the success of basketball in SA to himself. all i am saying is, the guy is a bit full of himself.

Reply #38479 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Any chance of the pancake bunny coming out on these *topics* Isaac? How often do we get poorly thought out, unsubstantiated, repetitive and boring threads like these coming out. Perhaps these can be put in a *nobody gives a damn* category so the rest of us dont have to read it. Pancake the lot of em i say!

Reply #38480 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

there is a fine line between confidence and arrogance, and different people have different views on where that line falls. Sturt's record this season is not grey tho, its solid. 12-2 (i think).

Reply #38481 | Report this post

sincere  
Years ago

no thanks to the coach i bet.

Reply #38482 | Report this post

I've got it covered.

Image hosted by TinyPic.com

Reply #38483 | Report this post

The truth  
Years ago

Every Winner has alittle bit of arrogrance in them thats whats gives them an edge over the competition.... You think of all the great players in any sport who are haterd becuase they are thought to be arrogrant...Letyon Hewitt and wayne carey pop to mind... even micheal Jordan was up himself the fact that the sturt coach who is incharge of arguably the most talented side in the ABL and his team sits atop the ladder probally gives him the right to walk around like his shit dont stink.... The reason he dose it is to intimadate the oppsition and this Thread says to me it has worked....

Reply #38484 | Report this post

http://www.bloomcounty.org/~megan/misc/pancake_bunny.jpg

ugh just go there

Reply #38485 | Report this post

sincere  
Years ago

well, i am not the opposition. and when he talks like his shit don't stink to me, yet all he is, is an abl coach who earns piddles. then the arrogance deserves a slap.

Reply #38486 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cheers for introducing the starting PG for the Haters.

Reply #38487 | Report this post

sincere  
Years ago

i dont deny i dont like a person like that. hatters.. just him. he is w*nker

Reply #38489 | Report this post

mikele  
Years ago

yeah i am with the pancake bunny i dont know who the funk they are talking about??

Reply #38496 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes he is just the sturt abl coach, oh wait he is also the academy assistant coach and oh wait he was the assistant to the Hunter Pirates. Obviously he is just a puppet. Sincere you are a fool with a grudge against a top club, top players and top coach.

Reply #38506 | Report this post

Northerner  
Years ago

Damn, if there is one thing Rick isn't, it's arrogant, and he certainly doesn't think his shit doesn't stink. Go up and speak to him and find out for yourself.

Plus he has a degree in sports psychology so he probably has more credentials than most coaches, who usually only have level 1,2,3.

Reply #38511 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Happy Birthday Rick, I hope you are reading this. I know why you think your shit doesn't stink. You're still thinking about that time you spiked Ben Evans' shot against the board at training at Underdale.

To Sincere, you are sincerely a tosser.

And Gareth.... what the hell kind of name is Gareth?

Rick has acheived plenty. He once did three tequila deaths in a row.

Reply #38521 | Report this post

nito  
Years ago

Rick is a legend and one of the best blokes you could meet and feirce competitor on the basketball court! We are lucky to have a coach of his calibre in SA.

The only thing wrong with Rick is he sold me pair of Rebook pumps in 1992 and the pump didnt work. I still remember the closing ceromony of 2000 olympics from the best vantage point in sydney. A number of forum readers will know what i mean. Pity about Thistle changing teams in the past few years.

If you are the Gareth I think you are, think before you post!

Reply #38524 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

The "star" Sturt team? Are we talking about the same guys? They're riddled with injury issues. Their first sub in against the Eagles was playing his 9th ever ABL minute. Not game, minute. I think that Rick has done very, very well with the team in recent weeks despite the circumstances, to get wins at Hillcrest, Mt Barker, and Starplex despite missing key players. Saturday night was a bad showing, but I don't think any team could've beaten the Eagles when they were shooting like that -- Gange had 5/5 threes at half-time!

I've met Rick just this season and talked to him a few times over the year and can't think of any instance in which he's talked himself up at all. I can't even bait him to talk much trash about his fantasy NBA team! He has a lot of good things to say about upcoming younger players, those from other teams, etc.

Reply #38531 | Report this post

cat no go  
Years ago

Ricks a good bloke and no doubt can coach, but whats up with the accent?

Reply #38539 | Report this post

Kym Taylor  
Years ago

Rick is a good guy, and those star Sturt blokes that did play, obviously couldn't step up!! They still had some guys with decent experience who obviously were no match for Dix. A lazy 37 against some supposedly good 36er player/s?? Maybe big time players step up each week. In Dix we trust!!!

Reply #38547 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

why don't you all get off his back he's a great guy and knows how to coach very well, the only reason your on his back it that he's coaching at STURT so BACK OFF

Reply #38596 | Report this post

annnonymous  
Years ago

nah he is not a great guy.
a good wrestler i here though.

(Mod: annonymous, sincere, Gareth, please stick to using one name, OK?)

Reply #38611 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I have been advised that the original poster using the alias "Gareth" (since changed in this thread) is not the individual who has previously used that name. I have retained "Gareth" for the legitimate posts elsewhere, and altered those other instances where it has been used by someone else in this topic and one other.

Gareth had this to say:

To whom it may concern in regarsd to the person that has been using my name.

It has just been pointed out to me that someone has been using may name in regards to topics in this Hoops forum.

One topic was Sturt coaches.

I would like to inform you all that has not been me. I don't go around bagging coachs now in the past or in the future especially in a public domain forum. That's totally disrespectful.

And my apologies to the Surt coach that was aimed at.

I now understand why people become anonymous in this forum.

Their will we always be those that abuse and use the system just for the pure satifaction of stiring.

This will be the the last time I will use this forum.

So if any one signs ins as Gareth it wont be the Gareth from Central's.

If you all want this to be an informative forum for basketball don't abuse it.

As for the person that used my name, well slander and defamation come to mind if this person is found out, be carefull.

People do eventually find out who you are.

Regards Gareth

Reply #38672 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This would be a better thread if it read:

"sturt coach gets off at Crazy Horse"

Reply #38707 | Report this post

A HIGH HORSE  
Years ago

What made Sturt basket ball club is the players and coaches that where around along time before you nobodies came onto the scene. They have left a legacy of excellence that players that join the club have to live up to . Get some perspective retards, if you have time writing this dribble then your probably not training hard enough!

Reply #209927 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:53 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754