m
Years ago

Kobe out 6 Weeks Knee Injury

So Kobe comes but from an injury more serious than a ACL tear two months early, rushes back and gets injured again. Having torn my Achilles aswell I would have to assume that the weakness/loss of athletic ability and the impact it has on the way you move around the court would have contributed to this injury.

Apart from my first issue with him coming back early because 'his KOBE' and his newly signed contract, it wasn't exactly like he was playing light minutes for someone who just came of a torn Achilles. In his first six games he averaged 30 minutes a game. To me that is just way too high this early on.

Topic #33384 | Report this topic

m  
Years ago

Kobe comes back*

Reply #450423 | Report this post

Gordon Liddy  
Years ago

Spot on. He came back too early and plays for a coach who has no concept of self restraint and was partially response for running him into the ground last season. An ageing superstar coming back from a devastating injury who is hyper competitive is a terrible match for Mike D'Antoni.

Reply #450429 | Report this post

Bulldog  
Years ago

Likely to be injury prone the rest of his season now he has a major one, unfortunately that's how it normally goes.

This injury just further highlights how stupid the $48m contract they gave him was. Not only are they paying $24m a season to someone who may spend most of it off the court, but it also hinders them rebuilding as it takes up too much cap space.

Reply #450443 | Report this post

ricey  
Years ago

The stupid contract isn't stupid at all. Cost them 48 million but how much will he bring in? Far beyond that. It's all about finances, and Kobe keeps them rich and gives them the freedom in the future to throw cash away

Reply #450512 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:12 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754