Anonymous
Years ago

Where to now for Kyle Clark?

Very talented 16 year old who didn't make the COE team.

Anyone know where he will play in 2014?

Topic #33385 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Plenty of other talented kids didn't make the COE either. The funding is very limited, so I wouldn't sweat over the kids like him who don't get picked, they will be fine if they continue to work hard.

He will likely be playing for Tassie at the Australian Junior Country Cup in Albury/Wodonga this January and then at the Nationals in Canberra in April next year.

Reply #450432 | Report this post

m  
Years ago

I would have picked him over Tanner.

Reply #450434 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm just amazed that he didn't make the COE team. I was told by many that he was one of the top 3 juniors in the country

Reply #450436 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Clark was 3rd best kid at U18s this year behind McVeigh & Bolden from what I saw.

Reply #450445 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Then why wasn't he selected over others?

Reply #450446 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Because I didn't select the CoE group I suppose!

Reply #450447 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He is just one of many talented basketballers who have missed out of COE and junior national squads this year. There were many standouts at u/18 nationals and many not picked for the u/19 Aussie squad. It is very disappointing but every coach sees different talents. He will just have to work really hard and show what he has got like all the others.

Reply #450452 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He is only first year 18's

Reply #450510 | Report this post

Whodat  
Years ago

The kid will be fine! He is very talented, I thought he would get a scholarship but must not of performed at the try outs. If he keeps working on his game and performs well at nationals he should get one.

Reply #450511 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

COE seems to be shifting away from being the pinnacle of junior development. Plenty of other options if you have what it takes to purse them. And I'm sure he has. Time to stand up and take control. No mo!re need for baby sitters.

Reply #450524 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just seen Kyle scrimmaging at 6am with a few other EX TIS kids plus locals,I'm sure his future is still very bright.

Reply #450593 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:22 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754