RAV
Years ago

Exum - has Oregon Ducks among college finalists

Story Link Below
http://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/index.ssf/2013/12/dante_exum_projected_top-5_nba.html

"Dante Exum (@daanteee) told ESPN that he still intends to set up college visits to 5 finalists soon -- Indiana, UNC, UK, Michigan, Oregon.
Prevailing thought among NBA types is that Dante Exum will wind up putting his name in NBA Draft. But still going thru recruiting process".

Topic #33393 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

at least if he went to oregon, he'd get some good nike gear.

Reply #450514 | Report this post

GWB  
Years ago

I don't know why he is even messing with the college idea... Looks to me a little bit like MAYBE he has those kind of parents where education is everything.. probably cramming it down his throat because they mean well and believe its the answer to everything, yet why get an education for a career when you have a multi million dollar guaranteed career sitting right in front of you?... You can always go to college again in later life Dante... You might not always have a top 5 pick with your name on it!

Reply #450517 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Oregon Ducks? What?

Reply #450532 | Report this post

aussieboomers4eva  
Years ago

In fact I'm pretty sure that his father, Cecil Exum, thinks he should skip college. At least that was his position when he gave this interview:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBpvwypNyJQ

I guess it's possible he may have changed his mind, but unlikely in my view.

Reply #450533 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I don't think it's his parents pushing him anywhere, I think it's more of a due diligence thing. While NBA may be his preferred option right now, perhaps he'll change his mind, and if he does, he will want to have visited the schools he's considering.

He seems to be pretty switched on & pretty well advised judging by his actions so far.

Reply #450536 | Report this post

RAV  
Years ago

To play in the NCCA Tournament (The Big Dance) would be a once in a life time opportunity. Looking at the colleges Dante intends to visit he will have a fair chance of winning the tournament if he decides to attends college.

UK - 8 Titles
Indiana - 5 Titles
UNC - 5 Titles
Michigan - 1 Title
Oregon - 1 Title

Best of luck to the kid.

Reply #450545 | Report this post

El Diablo  
Years ago

This is another reason why Exum is more likely to become a better NBA player than Ben Simmons.

Parents can make or break their children.

Reply #450559 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:00 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754