AJ
Years ago

Celtics trade Courtney Lee to Grizzlies

Boston have agreed to trade Courtney Lee to Memphis in exchange for Jerryd Bayless.

Neither team seem to gain a lot talent wise but Boston save a couple of million dollars with Lee's contract still having two years and $11m to run.

Interesting to see if they move Rondo next and go into full-on tanking mode.

Topic #33444 | Report this topic

Joshuapending  
Years ago

As a Boston fan I like this move, saves cash and drop in talent for this year. I think they hold onto rondo and if they were to move him its at draft time. I could see Bass or Green go though.

Reply #451565 | Report this post

Great trade for Celtics, get a nice up and coming PG that can create of the dribble. Guy that is quite similar to Jordan Crawford, who has developed very well under Brad Stevens. This could make Crawford a nice asset. Getting rid of Lee's contract for Bayless' expiring. Very questionable for Memphis as getting Lee's 5 mill contract for 2 (or 3 not sure) years is weird since they have been trying to rid themselves of bad contracts for the past year. Obviously going into win now mode as the championship window is closing fast in a competitive Western Conference.

Overall reasonably weird for Grizzlies, great for Celtics! As a Celtics fan that is music to my ears.

Reply #451599 | Report this post

Who Me  
Years ago

Could Grizzlies be trying to set themselves up for an Andre Miller trade from Nuggets?

Miller & Anthony Randolph for Tayshaun Prince works in Trade Machine on ESPN?

As well as trading away Bayless (their current back-up PG) they also cuty Seth Curry meanign a possibel 2 for 1 trade?

Reply #451608 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

Bayless is better than Lee as it is and he'll only get better. Such a bad trade for Memphis because who the hell can score other than Conley, Randolph and Gasol? Koufos and big Johnny are improving but Bayless is a massive loss. He pretty much single handedly won them the game at Phoenix the other day; I'd like to see Lee do that.

Reply #451616 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:18 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754