Jack Toft
Years ago

JR Smith fined $50k for untying opponents' laces

Saw this story on NineMSN

http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=8781414

Quite a sneaky move and potential OHS risk. Penalty a bit harsh, but he was warned.

Topic #33468 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Not really sneaky, just trying to be funny the first time and then a dickhead the second time.

Untied Marion's laces at a FT line-up. Got warned by the league. Tried to do it again during the Pistons game I think it was, I think egged on by someone in the crowd?

League fined him $50k and Woodson started with trade talk. General view is that the trade talk is hollow though because no team is going to realistically want him, even if he is the reigning sixth man of the year, because he's a bit of a shot-happy cancer.

("Bit of a" = getting up 17 threes in a game, multiple times.)

Poor Woodson. Can't really trade him because no one will want him, and can't crack down on him aggressively because he'll be even less useful for the team.

Reply #452006 | Report this post

AK-47  
Years ago

He really is just an idiot. Unties Shawn Marion's shoe lace, gets warned by the league. The VERY NEXT GAME tries to pull the same thing on Greg Monroe. Unfortunately he thinks less than he passes.

Reply #452007 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

How annoyed would you be as a Dallas fan if Shawn Marion fell as a result and injured his knee?

Reply #452008 | Report this post

GWB  
Years ago

if I was shawn marion I wouldve decked him

Reply #452009 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

First class dickhead

Reply #452010 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why the Knicks not only just re-signed this dropkick to a 3 year deal for $6m a year but also gave his scrub brother a 2 year deal, this season's $500k guaranteed only to then cut him without playing a game shows how poorly run the Knicks organisation has been for a long time.

Reply #452012 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

Lebron better be rocking the double knot tomorrow that's for sure.

Reply #452017 | Report this post

Steve  
Years ago

Reminds me of the Hopoate incident in the nrl. Serial tool. Starts a a joke then becomes stupid.

Reply #452036 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Nothing funny about the Hopoate incident! I could point the finger at funnier things.

Reply #452055 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

How do you compare untying someones shoe lace with someone sticking their finger up another persons arse????

JR is loose, had the talent to achieve a lot in the game..

Reply #452062 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It was an untidy... lol

Reply #452128 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

More gold from Jack Toft. Maybe J.R could go to Sydney im sure they would like another guy who can't shoot and won't pass the ball :)

Reply #452130 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:44 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754