James
Years ago

Thon Maker, is he going to make it

I see the kid is still beasting it up in the States, does he have a future in the NBA or will he fade off? Looks a great talent

Topic #33491 | Report this topic

Anonas  
Years ago

looks he will be a beast anywhere including NBA. he shoots treys, pass and bring the ball. can almost play all 5 positions. his defense is great and feels the game

Reply #452437 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Many, many Thon Maker threads on Hoops already if you want to search and see what people think.

Reply #452440 | Report this post

GWB  
Years ago

I dont think the question is whether he will make the NBA, my question is whether he will play for the Boomers.. and I think the answers a NO.. and for that much I don't consider him Aussie enough to follow closely

Reply #452455 | Report this post

jimmy needles  
Years ago

Well his 'personal coach' Edward Smith is an Aussie is he not? If so there's a good chance he will decide to play for the Boomers. He certainly won't be playing for South Sudan.

Reply #452473 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

Thon is only a kid whom at the moment is doing very well.

Lets just let him keep developing and hopefully he gets good advice and gets drafted out of college then in turn decides to play with the boomers.

We shouldn't put to much pressure on the kid as he is still very young and still a couple of years off the Boomers conversation.

Best of luck to him.

Reply #452475 | Report this post

Phil  
Years ago

why wouldnt he play for the boomers if he had the opportunity?

A) play for sudan, not likely

b) play for usa. not likely he would go through the trouble of becoming an american citizen with how long it would take to be eligible and i doubt any usa coach would give him any kind of guarantee that he would get picked down the track anyway so he would be burning his bridges and for what?

c) play for australia

in my opinion all this talk about him not playing for australia has to be absolute crap. how could anyone know that? why would he have made that decision now? there is no facts that can possibly exist for those comments to be made so by logic they must be completely made up.

Reply #452505 | Report this post

Melbourne Boy  
Years ago

I heard he qualified for the Masters games later this year

Reply #452601 | Report this post

James  
Years ago

Ok, thanks guys, really hope he plays for the Boomers in the future. Looks like a once In a lifetime player

Reply #452672 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:56 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754