Isaac
Years ago

Warriors trade for Jordan Crawford

The Celtics have traded guards Jordan Crawford and MarShon Brooks to the Golden State Warriors in a three-team deal that will send Toney Douglas to the Miami Heat and Joel Anthony and two draft picks to Boston.
Full article on ESPN

Warriors have been looking for support at PG and Andre Miller and Kirk Hinrich were the earlier reported targets.

Topic #33514 | Report this topic

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

Jackson just isn't content with having the second-worst defensive bench.

Fair enough they lack offensive direction once Iggy and Steph hit the pine, but last time I checked Jackson was trying to ingrain a defensive ideology with his team?

In the team's gym, he even took down pictures of guys shooting or dribbling and put up only pictures of them playing defense.

Reply #452988 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Beginning of the end of Joel Anthony's career now.

Not sure I've ever seen a worse basketball player in the NBA, even seem him airball a dunk but Riley loved him but still not sure what Riles was smoking when he gave him a 5 year deal for $3m a year.

Reply #453000 | Report this post

bg04  
Years ago

Horrible trade for the C's. Forget the whole looking to the future crap. Sh*t trade in both the present and future. Also to say that Anthony is the worst player EVER anon is ridiculous!!! He's very untalented, but not even in the top 10 worst of all time.

Reply #453001 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

The Celtics will be lucky to receive a 1st round pick from this trade due to to pick protections. Given that Jordan Crawford has done so well this season, I don't understand why it was a forgone conclusion that he wouldn't be resigned in the offseason. Hence the trade doesn't make a whole of sense for the Celtics, IMO. Although the HEAT and especially Warriors have done well to address needs.

Reply #453006 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

Ainge doesn't do things without a reason....they will really struggle to win more than 5-8 more games so the C's will have a great chance to get #1 pick.....I'd love exumm to get to the C's but figure they should land in the top 3 now rthey are in full tank mode.

Reply #453012 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

So frustrating how the Heat always seem to make really good trades. I hate it.

Its like they're playing Chess, while the other franchises are playing Checkers.

I mean, they are probably quality negotiators. But the terrible decision making of some teams simply makes them look good.

This deal offloads Anthonys' $3.8m salary and saves them something like $10m this year.

I read somewhere that they have now created enough financial space to take on Bynum.

So for all that the luxury tax is able to ensure parity -- it can't guard against GMs making stupid decisions.

p.s. Anthony is terrible

Reply #453014 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^MACDUB are you insinuating that Ainge is a stupid gm for this trade? If so you clearly don't know basketball.

Reply #453038 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

Haha shut up, anon.

Reply #453054 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Anon,
No. Just a stupid decision

A good GM can still make bad decisions.

Only reason i am critical of the trade is that they are still close to/over the luxury tax AFAIK.

Made more sense getting rid of Wallace (even its for jack all).

Getting rid of a youngish up and coming player who only contributes $1m to the cap seems a bit of a waste...especially when Wallace is still there taking up the cap.

Getting picks for the future is algood but you need some cap space to get some studs in FA and some veterans (who will cost a bit)

Reply #453126 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

$2m *

Reply #453129 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The trades purpose for Boston is basically tank, losing 2 young scorers who are ok but aren't building pieces but are putting up good numbers (in crawfords case).

Yeah, I See your point but there's literally no one who would take Gerald Wallace on his current contract without picks being thrown in anyway. So Wallace will have to stay for another 1-2 years it seems unless Ainge pulls out a houdini like trade...

PS. I think Ainge will make another trade to get under the salary cap anyway.

Reply #453206 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:46 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754