Phil
Years ago

nba league pass

Do people recommend nba league pass? what do i need to watch it on my imac? can i also watch games on my ipad if im in the kitchen or does it cost extra to get it on different computers or you just sign into an account and can use it where-ever? at $190annual its pretty expensive but i miss watching nba. is foxtel a better option are they still showing lots of ball games? foxtel or league pass?

Topic #33525 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good timing as there is a week long trial from the 20th to 26th (US time) which ends on the Australia Day Monday public holiday (AU time). Try it.

http://watch.nba.com/nba/subscribe?utm_source=nbacom&utm_medium=online&utm_content=lpbroadband&utm_campaign=nbacompage

Reply #453130 | Report this post

m  
Years ago

I have one account and watch it on my pc, Ipad and Apple TV however you can only be signed in on a single device at a time. Foxtel (ESPN) only broadcasts 2 games per week on a Thursday and Saturday and most of the time they show the lakers... If you are thinking of getting it now it may be better to pay monthly.

Reply #453131 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

Yes i would give it a go. This is 2nd year now and i love it. As mentioned above you can only be on 1 service at a time. I don't have the worlds best connection and it works well, i had a few issues on the PS4 for a while but they have pretty much fixed themselves.

I would check out the free trial and i got an email the other day for 25% off at the moment so if it works for you it may be worth having a look while its out on a discount.

Reply #453134 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It actually works unlike NBL.TV

Reply #453147 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

League pass and Apple tv is the greatest thing ever!

Reply #453158 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

League Pass may have been the greatest thing in my life for the past few years. I'm not sure whether that's a glowing endorsement of it or a sad reflection of my life, but still...

Reply #453182 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Foxtel's ESPN telecasts a few LIVE games each a week, which is pretty cool

Reply #453200 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

My league pass is not working today. For the first time ever, there is a hiccup. Take note: NBL.tv.

Anyone else having this problem?

Reply #453211 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

League Pass and a HDMI cable from PC to my HDTV is the greatest thing ever!

Reply #453231 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How do you cancel the service before the free trial runs out?

Reply #453353 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

don't do this free trial, it's a con job, there is no way to cancel and you will get slugged. I've looked all over the nba page, and cannot find a cancel option

Reply #453362 | Report this post

Phil  
Years ago

so I've signed up for the trial but have no idea what to do from here?... every time i try to watch anything it take me to the nba league pass sign-up screen. even though I'm clearly logged in with my name in the corner. i have an email saying I'm signed up and can go watch games? in my packages screen there is nothing mentioned. have i missed something?

Reply #453382 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It will only work as of now since it has ticked over midnight into Monday now in the states eastern time.

Reply #453395 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

League pass is awesome. Cancelled my Foxtel sports channels when I signed up. Only minor criticism is the picture quality sometimes isn't as good and forwarding and rewinding aren't great, but otherwise - love it! Always a good game to watch. I have Apple TV, but sometimes watch on the iPad.

Reply #453566 | Report this post

Phil  
Years ago

can you just watch it on a desktop ie imac or do i need apple tv?

Reply #453596 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes, you can watch it on a desktop.

Reply #453597 | Report this post

Phil  
Years ago

if the week long trial is to try to get new customers then they are failing so far.....

2 days in and im still yet to watch 1 sec of nba footage. every time i try nothing happens it just sits there loading, i mean i guess it is loading. i would happily pay $190 a year for a service that works.

Reply #453599 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Phil the problem will be on your end. Check your connection. I've had league pass for years (in the early days it was just as bad as NBL TV now) but it's a great service now day. Should load if your computer even has a half decent connection.

Reply #453602 | Report this post

Phil  
Years ago

what do you mean by connection?

i have a very new top of the range imac with the best video card, and naked dsl broadband. today ill try reloading adobe flash and see if that helps.

Reply #453632 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And I have a sh**ty old laptop I picked up second hand for $100, am about as far as you can be from the local exchange and stream it via wireless in my house....and it's perfect.

Check your connection.

Reply #453633 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Signed up on Monday and it is perfect, in comparison now when I go and watch NBL.TV it seems farcical.

Reply #453754 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:21 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754