Pistol
Years ago

Sydney Kings three on the trot

Sydney Kings three on the trot
What do you think about the Sydney Kings three wins in a row ?
The team had impressive wins with contributions from most of the team but how far can they go

Where is Shaun Gleeson and Ben Allen ? They get articles written about them on the website but a week later are not even on the roster and cannot be seen or heard

Thoughts ?

Topic #33540 | Report this topic

jumper  
Years ago

2 of the teams they beat were top 4 and above them on the ladder.

That must count for something.

Reply #453448 | Report this post

Wilson Sting  
Years ago

Nice run but no depth. They only beat Cairns because Ogilvy and Young each had 0 fouls at half-time. Harvey played a great game yesterday but those are few and far between these days.

Reply #453453 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

Hmm... they only won one game because two of their star players didn't get silly fouls against them and then went off in the 2nd half... wow, how lucky of them, I'm sure that that has never been a game plan of any team ever...

And another player, known for being able to shoot from outside, has gotten healthier and nailed a bunch from outside... huh... weird...

Anyways...

Some good wins from the Kings, and they're starting to finally click, but there's still a bunch of things they need to work on so I'm hoping that they aren't going to get carried away, especially with the 36ers coming to town on Australia Day...

Ben Allen has made way for Cody Ellis in the rostered 10 players (they're going with 11 as they still fit under the cap) and I guess Shaun is still "injured" as they're still using his injury replacement, Weeks... Really, if they're not using Gleeson who is apparently healthy, they should have just signed Weeks as that back up back up PG to start with...

Reply #453456 | Report this post

Wilson Sting  
Years ago

My point Wookie is that they didn't really click, but they can get away with it only if Ogilvy and Young stay out of foul trouble because they are so dominant.

Harvey's been healthy for weeks, why can't he pull something like that out consistently? Where was he in the Cairns game?

Reply #453467 | Report this post

Manut Bol  
Years ago

I like the kings depth. Ellis is tough under the basket and has good range and harvey has always been that good! Its not easy overcoming injuries like he has had in recent seasons

Reply #453468 | Report this post

commonsense  
Years ago

good to see ben allen dropped from team that guy is absolutely not nbl calibre he belongs in c grade south Australian compatition

Reply #453479 | Report this post

Wilson Sting  
Years ago

I do like Ellis, he plays a lot bigger than he actually is.

Reply #453530 | Report this post

ShaneD  
Years ago

Kings are currently showing the toughness and mental agility that I hated watching when playing against us the other week, yet that I wish we possessed to the same measure :-)

Reply #453540 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No idea how they've pulled out this run considering the fiasco with Heal and the owner.

Although the win against Cairns was because they are serial chokers.

Reply #453546 | Report this post

bowtie  
Years ago

I think Heal's use of Harvey has been really questionable.
However, he was a perfect leader at both Cairns and Sydney games.
Apparently did all the half time talking Friday night. Secret is to keep him going to finals.
Less panic stations by Heal and more common sense but it's hard when you're a rookie coach , and he is.

Reply #453589 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

@Bowtie: don't forget that Harvey is a veteran and still isn't 100% healthy and is carrying that arm injury thing too that he never got fixed up, so it's not like he's in the position to be used like a 3 year gun player anymore...

Reply #453663 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:45 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754