natwhereyouat
Years ago

McCamey buzzer beater

Just.. Huge.

Topic #33541 | Report this topic

CT  
Years ago

Huge.

And since Hoopsters love bagging Stephen Weigh so much, credit where credit is due. He picked up a couple of massive 3s that kept them in the game in the final quarter.

I had a snigger when I heard McCamey's post-match interview though.. (I'm parsing this from memory but something like) "we're a team that never gives up and fights to the end of every game" :-)

Reply #453455 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What would have been great is NBLtv to show the replay of the game winning shot! Took at least 5mins and only then was it part of the normal game highlights...

At least I could watch that game I suppose, the broadcasts from Cairns & Adelaide were nothing short of disgraceful!

Reply #453460 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Adelaide was perfect for me.

But yeah, not showing the replay while the refs were looking at it was ridiculous.

Reply #453462 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So the nbl.tv clock isn't a direct feed from the scoreboard?

That last few minutes was full of clutch plays minus Martin's unforunate pass.

Great game.

Reply #453506 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

What the hell was Forman doing on D with that last play? Seemed startled that Cairns was even going for it.

Reply #453509 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Great call! The commentator was certainly into it! That was a good game and an incredible last minute.

Reply #453511 | Report this post

Flatshot  
Years ago

16 points scored in the last minute!
With less than 5 seconds on clock hawks should have given up the inbound to start the clock and slowed the advance rather than given up the middle and allowed a long inbound pass IMO. The other problem was that there should have been a guard finding McCarney much earlier and Forman staying with loughton rather than the way it turned out.
Alternatively Hawks could have just made an extra shot or two in the second half and the game would never have been up for grabs.

Reply #453525 | Report this post

Wilson Sting  
Years ago

Or you could say it was a 50/50 play that went the Taipans way this time. Either way, great finish. Frustrating that Cairns can pull this out now but failed to hold double-digit leads in the previous 2 home games...

Reply #453529 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The shot felt like it was made way after the time left on the clock. Hard to know for sure with the poor broadcast production but at least the refs took the time to review it.

Taipans tried to bolt during the review like Smyth's Sixers did in Cairns many seasons ago.

Reply #453545 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If you watch the attached youtube video in full screen you can clearly see the game clock (in green) above the backboard at the Taipans offensive end. There was heaps enough time for the shot.

Money ball.....

Reply #453565 | Report this post

PeterJohn  
Years ago

Nathan - trying to deny the lane to the basket without fouling, I'd say. That seemed to work but McCamey hit the jumper. Well done him.

Reply #453567 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Oscar played good defense there. Stopped a layup and then got out to contest tough step back jumper.

Good d, better shot.

Reply #453678 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

Yeah, on second viewing it was. Dunno what I was thinking!

Reply #453679 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Rhys Martin has way too many brain farts. Many games like this one were decided by his last minute turnovers. You'd think the guy through the pain of losing would learn by now.

Reply #453688 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:56 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754