Thoughts?

Topic #33562 | Report this topic

John Wall  
Years ago

I should be in the team suck my dick

Reply #453997 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

Bradley Beal and Kenneth Faried over John Wall, Chandler Parsons etc?

Reply #454017 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Gooden State online feeds are touting that Curry, Thompson, Lee, Iguodala and Bogut could all be playing in Spain...

Reply #454018 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

Agree Parsons & Wall should have got a look in.

That said they have a nice balance on the wings and shooters to attack the euro teams that play a zone.

Reply #454019 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

"That said they have a nice balance on the wings and shooters to attack the euro teams that play a zone", I think that's the key.
Steph Curry, Klay Thompson should be automatic selections to complement guys like Durant, George and even Love and if need be they could add Lillard too.
A really good cross section of players, that can shoot, play defence and are athletic as hell.

Reply #454020 | Report this post

Bobby Tables  
Years ago

"Golden State online feeds are touting that Curry, Thompson, Lee, Iguodala and Bogut could all be playing in Spain..."

And in reality...it'll be Curry and Bogut.

Reply #454021 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

James, Paul and Anthony WILL NOT be participating at the World Cup, according to the article released.

Reply #454024 | Report this post

Bandit's Fan  
Years ago

Hard work picking a final twelve out of that much talent. My twelve would be:-

Lebron James
Kevin Durant
Carmelo Anthony
Paul George
Kevin Love
Chris Paul
Steph Curry
Anthony Davis
Derrick Rose
James Harden
Dwight Howard
Russell Westbrook

Pretty handy team when you can't find a spot for Blake Griffin, Deron Williams, Kyrie Irving, LaMarcus Aldridge and others.

Reply #454026 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Forget James, Paul and Anthony. They won't be playing at the World Cup this year

Reply #454031 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Surely you can't take Derrick Rose?

Reply #454032 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

I think Korver might get a look in the final squad based on his 3 ball.....if a team sits in a zone you could run 1-4 of Curry, Thompson, Krover, Durant which will put a pretty quick stop on teams playing a zone.

Reply #454034 | Report this post

NBL Fan  
Years ago

I hope Korver gets picked I really like the way he plays.

Reply #454036 | Report this post

m  
Years ago

I have a feeling that it would be either Klay or Korver not both.

Reply #454037 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kyrie Irving? Traitor! Off with his head!

Reply #454038 | Report this post

SamCro  
Years ago

No way should Deron Williams be there! John Wall's play this year compared to Deron William isn't even worth discussing IMO. John Wall very, very hard done by! I would have even liked to see Michael Carter-Williams in the squad before Deron Williams. Rising Star with a huge upside IMO.

Reply #454042 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Star studded team, no matter which way you look at it. The only way they will lose is if their egos get in the way and they trip over their own sword and fall on it...

That being said, is there enough ball to go around if such a team takes the court? I mean, where are the workhorses, these guys are all show ponies!!

Granted, the best ponies in the world, but ponies nonetheless...

Reply #454045 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It won't be as easy as you may think.

For the World Cup there will be no James, Paul and Anthony.

Even with the above players (plus Kobe) team USA only beat Spain in the Gold medal game by 7 points and that was without Spain having Ricky Rubio to run the show

Reply #454050 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

James,Paul and Anthony are in the squad with a view to Rio great for USA not so much for everyone else. Also can't understand why John Wall missed out I would take him over Williams and Irving. Picking a team that everyone agrees with won't happen just too much talent. My 12 is
Curry, Lillard,Westbrook
George, Harden
Durant, K Thompson
Griffin, Love
Howard, Davis ,Cousins

Reply #454054 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Pretty sure Durant will play a lot of PF like in 2010.

Reply #454055 | Report this post

Magikarp  
Years ago

Just to verify, this pool of players is what is going to be picked from for 2014-16, so it includes World Championships and the Olympics.

Reply #454056 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wrong:

http://www.nbadraft.net/forum/usa-basketball-pool-features-14-new-names

Reply #454059 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Deron Williams is the best international PG in the NBA hence why he is in there. He is by far the most fundamentally sound PG - CP3, Kyrie, Wall would all be crucified under FIBA rules (remember the whole 2-steps-or-its-a-travel thing the rest of the world play by) and of the 3, only CP3 has shown that he can run a team, which is what they need at the tournaments. He is proven at International level, makes sense to include him - he's actually a great pick!

Reply #454062 | Report this post

SamCro  
Years ago

^You Can't Be Serious^

Surely you're trolling Williams better than CP3? That is champagne comedy! I'm actually surprised Williams got a look back in to Team USA as he was criticised for being overweight the last time he was picked!

Reply #454067 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He still looks overweight and tries to hide his fat face with crappy facial hair.

Reply #454106 | Report this post

AK-47  
Years ago

Sam Cro,
If you actually read what anonymous said, he thinks that Williams is better on the international stage than CP3. NOWHERE did he say he was a better NBA player.

Reply #454109 | Report this post

Kerron Johnson  
Years ago

my boy Gordon Hayward

Reply #454131 | Report this post

SamCro  
Years ago

AK-47 - The Voice of Reason...

Reply #454154 | Report this post

commonsense  
Years ago

Hey I agree John Wall should be in initial squad.

Reply #454371 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:59 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754