Steven
Years ago

Wildcats v Tigers Jan 24

looking forward to this one. Both teams missing players to injury, for melb Lucas Walker and Perth Matt Knight. Good opportunity for Jeremiah Trueman before he takes his family to U.S.
Can't see Perth losing this one, Ennis was quiet last week expect him to bounce back. Perth by 11.

Topic #33564 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

does anyone know what trueman is planning on doing in the US? surely he would have a better opportunity getting a contract over here than over there...

Reply #454068 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

His wife is from America and he has a marketing degree so it's most likely for work and family.

Reply #454069 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

not that it's really a living but Bennie Lewis is averaging more in the D League in the US than he ever did in the NBL

Reply #454070 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

No offence to the Tigers, but every home game this year is "no excuses".

Reply #454071 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Tonight we see whether the Tigers are contenders or pretenders....

Reply #454072 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yea thats interesting re Lewis, he is also averaging more minutes and its also probably a reflection on the level of defense in the D-League,

US leagues are geared towards the offense and can mean its easier to score than many of the Euro leagues/NBL.

But yea guys who dont get NBL gigs, could do worse than playing D-League if they can get a go, if you do well it keeps your name under the raider of coaches from the NBL but also potentially around the world, but not sure how hard it is to get a gig, if Lewis a fringe NBLer can get a spot, it must not be impossible though.

Reply #454073 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Would love to see the Tigers win, but think Ennis will step it up and be too much of everything for the Tigers to contain. Both teams are full of douche bags from coaches down to Greg Hire and his very existence! Will be a good game though, if its one TV lets hope for plenty of highlights.

Reply #454087 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

Thats the spirit!

Reply #454090 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think Bennie Lewis got a spot via tryouts but given all the aspiring pro-basketballers in the US let alone the rest of the world I suspect it would be pretty hard to even get to the official tryout stage but no doubt would've helped having Connor Henry as coach, seeing him from his days in the NBL as both assistant/head coach of Perth and an assistant at Sydney.

Reply #454091 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Will the crowd be massive again.

Reply #454104 | Report this post

Manut Bol  
Years ago

The cats will show the tigers the hard work that is required on the defensive end and spank em by 16+.
Walker out too will mean double the show time for ennis

Reply #454110 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I know it's probably an unpopular opinion given that they're getting great attendances in a large capacity stadium, but Perth Arena looks poorly designed. There seems like a pretty big gap between the crowd and the sideline, detracting a little from the atmosphere, and that big sparse blue triangular shaped border around the seating in the corner is ugly. Also why don't they make the floor beyond the sidelines red like the baselines are, to avoid players stepping out of bounds and also to add to the home court feel?

Reply #454111 | Report this post

Manut Bol  
Years ago

I like the contrast of the blue stadium and the red jerseys of the fans. Its been mentioned before why there isn't more red but the supporters more than make up for the lack of red.
My only gripe with the layout is the large space between the court and the seating. Challenge stadium had a more intimidating atmosphere with the crowd so close to the court. I wish they would put seating there or when there is a sellout could even make it a standing room only area and increase the capacity to over 15k

Reply #454112 | Report this post

Dale  
Years ago

Great effort so far by the Tigers. They have surprised me. Redhage is a bloody flopper and Gleeson doesn't stop whining at the refs. Harden up bitch!!

Reply #454116 | Report this post

skud  
Years ago

Horrible call against Ennis in the last 90 seconds gave the Tigers the ball when they shouldnt have. Completely change the game dynamics and allowed for the Tigers to win.

2 great 3 point shots to win it though.

Reply #454120 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How good is Mark Worthington, hits the game winning 3 on the buzzer to stick it up his hometown team.

Reply #454123 | Report this post

Cats 4 life  
Years ago

Wtf with the refs? Credit to wortho!

Reply #454124 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Skud was a clear foul on ennis goulding tipped it to his advantage and ennis clattered into him! Clear call

Reply #454127 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

Credit to the tigers and Worthington. Look out Cairns! :)

Reply #454128 | Report this post

matt  
Years ago

does anyone know what the pushing was about after the game?

Reply #454129 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Love when Perth lose, such arrogant team and fan base.

Reply #454133 | Report this post

skud  
Years ago

"Skud was a clear foul on ennis goulding tipped it to his advantage and ennis clattered into him! Clear call"

Such a clear call the commentators even said it was rubbish..lol

Reply #454135 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

That was Tigers best performance of the year and by far the Wildcats worst. And they only lost on the buzzer. Can't see a game like that happening come playoffs so hope the Tigers enjoy this celebration.

Reply #454136 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Love when Perth lose, such arrogant team and fan base.

http://www.ozhoopsboards.com/showpost.php?p=404368&postcount=66

Reply #454138 | Report this post

Manut Bol  
Years ago

Yeah the cats were so poor tonight they couldn't buy a basket. The tigers surprised me with their great D but its hard to gauge how good. Ennis had a shocker missing 4 free throws in a row and lay up in transition. Cats still should have ground out an ugly win but it was just one of those nights

Reply #454139 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Clear USF, grabbing from behind on a breakaway.

Reply #454143 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

Sigh.

Massive credit to Worthington and Goulding for the late threes.

Coulda shoulda woulda for the Cats.

Man did we leave gimme points out there...

Reply #454144 | Report this post

engelbert  
Years ago

and the Academy Award goes to... Mark Worthington,
(category: Tool of the Year)

Reply #454145 | Report this post

commonsense  
Years ago

Worthington is a tool that is a fact. Unfortunately he was a winning tool tonight

Reply #454146 | Report this post

Sam  
Years ago

The pushing at the end of the game , was Ennis being a sooky bad sport and wouldn't shake the hand of the bloke that just whipped him, what a looser, he would have to be embarrassed this morning .

Reply #454151 | Report this post

Annon  
Years ago

Not a Redhage fan but the 2 fouls from Wortho on the flying drives were ridiculous calls. Worthos inertia put him on the floor, Redhage pulled out so no fouls there. Goulding had one of the same on Ennis...… Great players but really hate the unsportsmanlike acts, removes all credibility as a true great like the players of the 90's. They had integrity………Wortho and Goulding need to get them some of that before they are truly great and respected……. Refs, well maybe the East is looking for some home finals……….Last 3 rounds have been appalling calls in favour of just that… Just Sayin….I'm predicting more to come and if Adel plays to win, I'm betting they will be on the receiving end of some dodgy calls…. Conspiracy Theory, yes. Just look at the replays, and make your own minds up…. Desperately need reviews in the games for those calls next year if this NBL is going to be credible in the long term. Ennis looked miffed last night and rightly so…… And yes Perths shots were off and need Matty Knight defensively…...

Reply #454152 | Report this post

PeterJohn  
Years ago

yes, that's what the Nbl needs, more reasons to stop the action and leave people waiting for it to start again. Oh, hang on, sitting around waiting for the next play is why cricket promoters invented 20-20. if you care that much about the calls, get a whistle and sign up to be a ref in your local league. If you're any good, you'll get to ref NBL one day and then it'll be okay.

Reply #454155 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reffing in Spurs v Thunder was worse than Tigers v Wildcats. Suck it up, mistakes happen.

Reply #454157 | Report this post

Annon  
Years ago

MMMMMMmmmmmm NBA reviews - Unsuccessful.... No….. Glad the surgeon who did my knee repair didn't make a mistake….. I have a great career already, and it doesn't mean that others can't judge a call. I guess you are tiger supporters and thinking only of that game.. I'm thinking of the entire leagues credibility and longevity….. And I am not a Tigers or Wildcats supporter, just someone who loves the game and looks beyond my team from all perspectives… Even Anstey, on the receiving end of poor calls against sydney last week is sayin the same. This week he happened to be on the receiving end of the bad calls falling his way… NExt week a different story…. The refs are not junior refs on a Sat, they are paid employees with ongoing education, the top of their game and there is 3 of them…… And everything that annoys you…. Suck it up !!!

Reply #454162 | Report this post

wildcats80  
Years ago

Great game great atmosphere, Tigers deserved the win, the cats just shot the ball poorly while the tigers shot sub 50%. Is there a common thread here, when Chris Goulding won in Perth in the 2009/10 season, after the win with Gold coast, he had a scuffle with Stephen Weigh, then again last night he was involved in the scuffle, apparantly saying something to Ennis which he didnt like.

Reply #454164 | Report this post

Annon  
Years ago

Exactly, whenever there was on court issues, Goulding and Wortho involved. Happens against every team with players that generally are not involved in any issues against the majority. Common thread.... Along with the dodgy calls, lends itself to comment and question player integrity….. Attitude adjustment before they rep Australia please…..

Reply #454165 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hasn't Worthington repped Australia every year since 2005?

Reply #454167 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Not too sure if people caught it, but did any else see the Tigers spectator in the singlet rush the court at the end? He got to the Tigers huddle then the security guards pounced, cameras panned away.....

Reply #454172 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

That was hilarious! He ran the full length of the court and then jumped into their celebratory huddle. He was wearing a Tigers singlet, so don't know whether he is an expat or traveled across, but either way I think he'd had a couple during the game!

Reply #454176 | Report this post

Jez  
Years ago

I don't know if it was intentional or not, but I love that you called that guy an "expat"!

Reply #454179 | Report this post

Dunkin' Dan  
Years ago

He's kind of obvious in this clip of the game-winner
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHRkfjgwG1o

(Hint: Look for the Tigers player wearing jeans)

Reply #454185 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What about during post game interviews that Perth spectator with the beard ran up behind Ronaldson & Lachy only to almost immediately be yanked out of the picture by some Ten crew guy!

Reply #454189 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

Must have been Serco security company working lol

Reply #454190 | Report this post

Proud  
Years ago

Sat there at the game with Mum who was in her Tigers jersey (shocked nobody said a word to her all game or after it)

Please people give the man some respect, Nate Tomlinson was absolutely brilliant and deserves a tonne of respect for how he played and against the best point guard in the league too and I think it was the closest this season that any player has come to dominating Damo. He was in everything and Mustaphar was very much useless all night so well done Nate, it's great seeing your development!

Found it bizarre that Jervis who was bloody terrific kept going to the free throw line early in the game and come midway through the last quarter Morrison and Wortho had 3 fouls between them... Surely all weren't on Greer and Goulding were they?

Tried watching NBL.tv to see the goings on after the game and it didn't have the end of the game (stopped with 11 seconds to play when the last timeout was called) not sure if that is just mine or if NBL.tv is seriously fucked up again!

Would love to see these 2 teams in the grand final series (again)

Reply #454203 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Did NBL.TV actually reach the end of the feed, or just freeze? I find it frequently freezes, requiring a refresh before it'll play the rest of the way through.

Reply #454204 | Report this post

Proud  
Years ago

It went back to the start, as I said I just wanted to see the after game excitement but not getting a game winner... That's poor

Reply #454207 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Watched live on NBL.TV and it stopped working between 80-77 (when Ennis was called for a foul for the collision) & 80-80 (after Goulding shot a three). There was a timeout (or two?) during that stretch so around a minute or two of real time is missing.

Tried the VOD this morning and the same error occurs. The VOD is missing the same part of the game as the live version which is pathetic.

If you fast forward you can get to 0:11 with scores tied at 80-80 to see the buzzer beater. If you don't fast forward past the collision then it will reset to the start of the game.

The only way to see the Goulding three is via the highlights clip.

What I don't get is the game was from Ten, not produced by Perform yet they must have lost the feed for that period of time. At least fix it up in the VOD so it is clean and complete.

Reply #454211 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

On what device? Just checked on PC and it works fine.

Reply #454212 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Also would like to give credit to the Tigers.

First time since he played under Goorjian did Wortho look like he really wanted the win.

During the last minute Anstey looked super nervous on the bench. It was like he was too anxious and had crapped himself to do anything. After he finally got up from his seat he started to pace away from the bench but to the outer edge of the court not to midcourt so he had no way to shout instructions to his players. Weird.

Reply #454213 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

On PC this morning. Sounds like they fixed it which is a good sign.

Reply #454214 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

Yeah, was in the stands and saw the Tigers court invader, wondered where he had been hiding actually as he was the only Tiger's supporter I saw all day!

Probably just as well all those corporate boxes between crowd and court, I doubt I was the only person feeling in a mood to riot in the first few seconds after Wortho cut us all off at the knees!

Reply #454215 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

My first comment was directed at Proud, I just skipped ahead and landed on Wortho's shot.

@Anon: "80-77 (when Ennis was called for a foul for the collision) & 80-80 (after Goulding shot a three)."
Goulding's three was to put Melbourne up 80-78. Can't check for it looping where you say it looped, since I've no idea where I'm looking.

Reply #454219 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Managed to find it. Yeah, it's still freezing at that point.

Reply #454220 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ok I was a bit wrong with the sequence.

It cuts out shortly after Ennis is called for the collision foul near halfcourt. Refs stop play and congregate. 78-77 (0:43 on game clock).

By fast forwarding to avoid the game restarting when the video goes black you get to footage near the end of a timeout (after the Goulding three) as the score is 78-80 (0:19 when the game resumes). So you see the Martin shot and Worth buzzer beater.

Going off memory hope that helps. I doubt Perform have fixed it.

Reply #454221 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Basically from 0:43 to 0:19.

Reply #454222 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

There's another freeze point coming out of the timeout at 11 seconds, and if you skip ahead you just get the 'live event starting shortly' screen. Wortho's three is gone.

I have no idea how I found it ten minutes ago.

Reply #454225 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I managed to see Wortho's three. It depends on when you fast forward, it's a bit of a lucky dip. Perform suck.

Reply #454238 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

It's crazy how I make one little comment and there is more replies and activity on this brilliant website than from any of the Perform people... But hey they gave us a new feed for Cairns vs. Sydney so 1 issue at a time!

Happy Australia Day everyone!

Reply #454263 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:17 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754