who won?

Topic #33599 | Report this topic

bowtie  
Years ago

NZ cruised to a win.

Reply #454838 | Report this post

bowtie  
Years ago

I think it safe to say that the Kings' bubble burst tonight. Best to write it off and move on when you have so many poor performances. They were pretty awful.

Reply #454839 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Loving that the Kings lost, nothing like seeing all the shite team beating eachother down.

Reply #454844 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ben Allen got on!

Reply #454846 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

This happened..

Reply #454848 | Report this post

nailna3  
Years ago

two favours done tonight. losses to Sydney (by NZ) and just now, perth lost to taipans in O/T.

Happy days

Reply #454861 | Report this post

commonsense  
Years ago

Perth lost and that's disappointing but at least Sydney lost so that makes me feel a bit better.
I hate Sydney and shane heal

Reply #454874 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Sam Young got his and that was about it for Sydney.
Abercrombie played great along with Wilkinson and Kerron Johnson was pretty superb.
Casey Frank again made sure he gets involved in any poster dunks this time coming across from the weakside to help and got posterized big time.

Reply #454877 | Report this post

JW21  
Years ago

The Kings just don't seem to rate any more.
Win lose or draw nobody cares.
They are so boring to watch.
I didn't see this game but I can picture it, same movements, same patterns.
Even with Sam Young, he looks disinterested half the time the other half going about half pace.

Reply #454933 | Report this post

Rick  
Years ago

Sam Young struggled to pass the ball, he either dribbled the air out of it or he would jack a three he knows he can't sink. It's a shame because the Kings have so much Aussie talent this year, if they still had Sanders they would have a shot at the title.

Reply #454944 | Report this post

Wilson Sting  
Years ago

Note this game is being replayed on One tonight due to broadcasting difficulties out of TSV.

Reply #454957 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

You guys are being way too harsh on the Kings. They just came off a four game win streak, give them a break.

Reply #454959 | Report this post

commonsense  
Years ago

win or lose Sam Young will get his points but imo he is only here for the money

Reply #454961 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sam Young played his arse off and followed coach's instructions. It wasnt just his fault the Kings gave up 105 points or whatever it was. He and Madgen were all the kept them in the game by keeping the offence ticking over.

Reply #454964 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kings back to normal playing wise. Can't believe they won four straight.

Reply #454975 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

The thing is though Anon4964, he sometimes (often when the team isn't performing well) sees himself as the ONLY option to put points on the board... We've seen in that 4 games streak that when they made the extra pass to the open player, all of them were able to contribute... Tab Baldwin hit the nail on the head after that fancy dribbling forced shot move he pulled in the 3rd I think, he didn't pull it off and the other players put their heads down and that has an effect on the rest of the team... If he's the one open, he can score all 100 points, I don't think that that's the point... He's proven that he can make that pass, and give that hustle to get O boards, but he lapsed last night and so did the rest of the team...

Defensively the whole team wasn't good, as a team, they rebounded terribly, they didn't make those extra passes, they didn't make the screens and those are the things that they need to tidy up... Hopefully this was the little kick in the pants that they needed to keep focus and we see a better effort from them come next round for some revenge...

Reply #454979 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

He has 2 of the best Australian players in the league on his team in AJ Ogilvy & Ben Madgen and would rather do it all himself offensively.
If he of given the ball up occasionally Sydney might have had a shot at a win.

Reply #454980 | Report this post

Stevie Wonder  
Years ago

so a game without #refereeproblems ?
go the Breakers! and cheers to the cairns mob for doing us a favour

Reply #454987 | Report this post

Stevie Wonder  
Years ago

Casey Frank . great stat line this game
who cares bout the posters. he can deal out some himself
cant expect less from a unretired bloke

Reply #454989 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

The NZ Breakers did their standard next day interview for the 6pm News Sports section on TV3 at the beach down the road from their training facility.
Abercrombie joked that he wisely got out of the way of Sam Young when he went up for that dunk but Casey Frank mustn't have got the memo.

Reply #455004 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

from what I understand Young doesn't even turn up for trainings and the rest of the team has had a guts full, and Dunn wont do anything about it

Reply #455006 | Report this post

crusty  
Years ago

Just Wait, Just Wait! It's a long way to Tipperary.

Reply #455024 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sam young has not missed any training sessions. In fact he actually contributes a lot of ideas.

Reply #455087 | Report this post

Stevie Wonder  
Years ago

next game nz by 7

Reply #455088 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

interesting times ahead for the kings. the plot thickens

Reply #455097 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lots of rumors that Heal is out next season. Maybe only a championship will save him.

Reply #455113 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:44 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754