Hawksman
Years ago

Hawks @ Crocs 31/01

"Townsville v Wollongong: 31/01/14

Due to the weather conditions and difficulties in setting up broadcast operations in Townsville, the game will not be telecast as scheduled on ONE HD and as a result is not available on NBL.tv either. For a full update on the situation go to the NBL site"

So let me get this straight. No TV yet NBL.tv can't be bothered either? I'm sorry but when I signed up for the service it promised ALL games. I understand due to weather live coverage may not be doable but how about it still being taped and uploaded as VOD later on, no uploading required. Mail the tape down south and then they can upload it to the website even if it is on a Monday. I let slide when Hawks played up in Cairns and the game wouldn't work but now this makes me feel like asking for a refund.

Topic #33604 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

I assume the NBL.TV setup wouldn't have been arranged and running for this given that One HD's feed would've been provided and broadcast? Usually there is a broadcast van outside the venue (at least that's how it's done in Adelaide?) and it has equipment extending from the roof that would catch the wind.

Once that was announced, it might be that Perform either can't arrange staff/etc or are unwilling to wear that unexpected additional cost.

Bit of a shame for those keen to see the Hawks on the road.

Reply #454981 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

The OB unit would take off!

Hawks have slim chances of making the finals. I would suggest that the Crocs start looking at planning for next season, but will want to show their fans they can at least put up a fight on home court and not be the competition's whipping boys.

The Hawks are playing like they want to play finals and have been unlucky in some of their losses. Although Clarke is doing well, I think offensively they need to lift as they are ranked 8/8 offensively and 5/8 defensively. Townsville are ranked 4/8 in offence and 8/8 in defence.

I think this will be a tight game but don't know if it will be a game any NBA scouts will go out their way to watch. Most Hawks games go within a few shots and they would be disappointed if they didn't keep their faint finals hopes alight. Maybe their hope could light the way if Cyclone Dylan brings down the power.

Reply #454990 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

As if crowds aren't bad enough in tsv this won't help. The crocs are sliding and need a win this might be their best chance.

Reply #454994 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Live stats down too so updates coming from @nbl on Twitter.

Crocs up in the third 43-38. Defensive grind apparently.

Reply #455020 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Crocs won 80-67

Reply #455046 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

29 point last quarter to Townsville... As a basketball fan who wouldn't want to see that ?

I'm mega pissed at Perform but like a sucker who wants to watch every game I guess I'll just have to suck it up!

Reply #455050 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

So now all of a sudden, Rotnei Clarke and Beal cannot hit threes. What is this world and how do I get out?

Reply #455064 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

Also, match report claims slightly over 3,000. If so, great work people of Townsville, build on that!

Reply #455066 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Was it really 3k or did they cook the books so to speak? Reptile Rumble had not much more.

Reply #455122 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

I know Nathan, Rotnei went from Dream Team Captain to benched in no time, will he fascinating to see who's form slumps over February as there seems to be a couple of really good players

Reply #455162 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The week gap in the fixture was such a bad decision. Imports went home, feasted over Christmas with family and did not train. Look at how they are performing now after the break.

Reply #455215 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:00 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754