celtic green
Years ago

How did Joe Johnson get into the all star team???

For the life of me I cannot understand how he can make the team over Kyle Lowry, or even some other players like Lance Stephenson. Coaches got it wrong on this one I think, what does everyone else think?

Topic #33621 | Report this topic

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

He dribbles it between the legs more than the above guys and he has had some ridiculously hot quarters, including a 22 point 1st vs the Miami Heat.

Reply #455401 | Report this post

Tekutch  
Years ago

Coaches probably remember him for the clutch shots he made.

Reply #455402 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

ESPN's 5-on-5 has Johnson as the biggest surprise in the East with Lowry as a near-unanimous snub:

Kyle Lowry. That's easy. We complain that the fan vote is a popularity contest. Well, it appears the coach vote is one as well. That's the only explanation I can come up with for putting Joe Johnson in the game over the prickly Kyle Lowry, who has my vote for best point guard in the East.

Johnson's last five games: 16, 9, 12, 6, 5.

Reply #455405 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think there is bigger things about all-star selections to worry about.

Even though the ASG is a joke and fan voting is just a popularity contest but I think it's time the coaches pick the whole team, no way should Kobe be an all-star this season.

Reply #455412 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

Personally I think coaches and media analysts should pick the whole squad. Kobe has been a great player over his career but this is not his year

Reply #455418 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

Best point guard in the east is like saying skinniest person on the Biggest Loser.

Reply #455419 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Bring back the Centre selection.

Reply #455438 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Agreed I hate the no centre thing this year..

Reply #455454 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I was shocked when they got rid of the centres! NBL you understand why but NBA is littered with big men.

Reply #455466 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Agree joe Johnson is not all star worthy, simply it's that good anymore. The pgs in the east are very good, not sure what ur point is there situation.

Reply #455492 | Report this post

+ -  
Years ago

No, leave the Centres out of the fan vote. If they're that good, they'll get chosen as a forward by the fans or ( like Howard ) get picked by the Coach. Also Joe Johnson selected is a joke, get Stephenson in there. Funny thing now is Joe Johnson could hit 8 3's and get the MVP;)

Reply #455499 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

Kevin Love over Dirk Nowitzki IMO.

Reply #455506 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:05 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754