Anonymous
Years ago

Bogut's recent good form

It has been great to see Bogut play so well lately and you can tell he feels healthier than he has in a long time.

He is currently 9th in Rebounds, 2nd in FG% and 7th in blocks in only 27.4mins/gm

Obviously his defense is why he is on the floor for the Warriors and he only allows 98.5 points per 100 possessions when he is on the floor (Hibbert leads with 93) but I love watching him get the GSW shooters open by either passing or setting great screens. They score 107.2 points per 100 poss when he is on the floor!

In January tho, he went to another level - shooting at 69.5% getting 11.1rpg and 2.5bpg with 6 double doubles and still only getting 27mins! The team looka little lost when he is on the bench so I wonder if they can find him 5-6 more mins a game, especially come playoffs.

LOVE watching him and the Warriors play at the moment.

Topic #33635 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Agree! Great to see him healthy and playing so well, and on a team that is headed in the right direction. He's certainly becoming one of the better centres in the league again. He also seems to fit really well with Curry.

Reply #455769 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

He is playing well anyone would think he was a number 1 pick, but seriously the move to GSW has been great for him and staying injury free helps his cause.

Reply #455771 | Report this post

Phil  
Years ago

i love watching the warriors. curry has been in beast mode lately and bogut helps him so much by setting some great screens. in all the games i have watched bogut has been golden states 2nd most important player even over david lee who is a very good player and inside offense is important to gsw.

i really really like this gsw team

bogut
lee
iggy
thompson
curry

i think that is a 5 that can take them places and all those players still have a fair few years of prime ball left in them.

a lot of deal is made about the gsw bench but i reckon bringing in crawford is turning that around slowly.

speights, crawford , barnes is the start of a good bench it just needs to run a little deeper than that. some clever pick ups in the off-season could make a difference.

Reply #455776 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What is it with his FT%

Reply #455783 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

34.6%! luckily he doesnt get there very often only 1.1 FTA/gm

o'neal back today could help... crawford barnes green speights SHOULD get the job done on D, but they cannot score atm

Reply #455784 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

mind you, they are down 18 to the Bobcats in the 4th atm...

Reply #455786 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

See this is why you don't bet on the Warriors, top 2 in bipolar teams this season.

They seemingly need a national TV/rivalry game to get the arousal level up. There shouldn't be such thing as a switch, but the Warriors are finding one and flicking it with vigour.

Reply #455797 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bogut has/had an injury/ies which have destroyed his ability to shoot free throws with a proper form.

Hence the deplorable FT%. He can't help it.

Reply #455811 | Report this post

Curtley  
Years ago

He should seriously try shooting underhand or with the other hand or something, you'd have to improve on the FT%.

Reply #455816 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think their up & down form shows how young they are! Curry, Thompson, Green, Crawford, Barnes are all really young and you can tell they don't bring it every game.

I think this is where Iggy should be stepping up and taking more of a load.

Reply #455831 | Report this post

Young Gun  
Years ago

It's great to see Bogut in great form. And once again, having an Aussie in the starting 5 of a successful team.

Bogut is a great player, and seems to have a great attitude. I loved how he always gave his all at Milwaukee even though they never had a chance at a championship.

For me, apart from Bogut's attitude/work ethic, I think it shows what a great organisation can do. Their owner & GM are willing to take calculated risks & also put together a team that is likely to gel (eg. Ellis for Bogut). The other aspect is, I suspect that the GSW conditioning department is probably a few notches up from the Bucks, so Bogut's body is far more capable of withstanding the NBA season.

Reply #455853 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Hence the deplorable FT%. He can't help it.
35% has to be about the point you explore changing your shooting hand for free throws. Multiple players have done it.

Reply #455859 | Report this post

LanceUppercut  
Years ago

Completely agree Isaac. it would help his FT percentage and allow him to take the 13-17ft open jump shot, which he gets very often now as he sets high screens and players leave him open there. At the moment he turns down shots that other bigs make (including Baynes) because of his injuries and lack of shooting confidence. I really think if Bogut changed his shooting hand, he would improve his FT percentage and allow him to become an even better scorer.

Reply #455946 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The problem is the NBA is all about looking cool so no one has had the balls to throw underarm since Rick Barry was in the league.

RB what a guy didn't care what anyone thought and even stuck it to the league before the merger. Where are the balls in the league nowadays I ask you?

Reply #455994 | Report this post

Shooting Blanks  
Years ago

Thrilled to see him back healthy and pounding the hardwood on a nightly basis. GSW are one of the more infuriating teams I've ever had the pleasure of watching, but I'm yet to miss a game this season, and it wont be happening any time soon as long as the big guy is out there doing his thing.

http://nba.cdn.turner.com/nba/big/games/jazz/2014/01/31/0021300696-gsw-uta-play2.nba_nba_576x324.flv

Seven footers just don't make plays like that.

Reply #456078 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Daniel Johnson does!

Reply #456079 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:08 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754