Anonymous
Years ago

possible new zealand squad for 2014 world cup?

T. Webster
another point guard who?
C. Webster
Te Rangi
Penney
Abercrombie
Vukona
Fotu
Loe
Frank
Pledger
Adams

others:
Bartlett
Anthony
Kenny
Salt
Ngatai

Topic #33639 | Report this topic

paul  
Years ago

Pretty much spot on. You might be surprised to hear I think the other PG will be Lindsay Tait!

Knowing Nenad Vucinic there will prob be a surprise selection in there somewhere, but really, the first 13 (above 12 plus Anthony) really stand out for mine. Leon Henry is another player who will probably get a look in for the squad.

Pledger/Adams
Vukona/Frank/Fotu
Abercrombie/Te Rangi
Penney/T Webster
Tait/C Webster

My final spot would go to either Anthony or Loe, depending on what sort of player they need.

Reply #455837 | Report this post

Some_Fulla  
Years ago

Franks done. Keep Low, he's had some impressive games at st Louis lately.. I can see him having a good career in Europe down the line.. His pommy passport will open some doors!!

Reply #455840 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

A lot of young players in that squad, I think Frank's experience will be seen as invaluable, and certainly the Breakers guys will be putting in a good word for the impact he can have on and off the court.

Reply #455841 | Report this post

Black Panther  
Years ago

Loe instead of Frank and everyone seems to be forgetting about Marcel Jones.

Slot him ahead of TeRangi and behind Abercrombie. Anthony just misses.

Reply #455843 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think NZ will go young, but the young guys on the bench might just be watching.

This would be my team. Other than Penny, they might struggle for outside shooter's. But with Adams, Pledger and Loe they have some good young height.

Adams (25) / Pledger (15)
Vukona (30) / Loe (10) / Fotu (0)
Abercrombie (30) / Anthony (10)
Penny (30) / Te Rangi (10)
C Webster (25) / Tai Webster (15) / Tait (0)

Reply #455951 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

One thing I like about this NZ list is their youth with Adams(20),Loe(22),T Webster (18/19),Fotu(21?) and Te Rangi(18) throw in Jack Salt and Tom Vodanovich and you have a good team in 3 to 5 years time

Reply #455952 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That team wont be at its best for another 10 years. Wow!

Reply #455954 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

Attacked by an "anonymous" LMFAO

Reply #455955 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Did you think that was an attack?! Try reading it again, it was acknowledging how many good years NZ could get from those guys.

Reply #455957 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Corey Webster starting at PG? lol

Reply #455958 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

Apologies anon I can see we both agree they have a great future.

Reply #455960 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

Yeah i need a new poster in my room, Lebron over Frank or Durant... hmmm

Reply #455972 | Report this post

Phil  
Years ago

even with good young bigs like adams i can see them struggling once penny moves on. who will be the go-to scorer then?....

Reply #456097 | Report this post

Stevie Wonder  
Years ago

imo once penney retires , the tall blacks will play inside more through Adams & Fotu , Salt & Loe respectively. there arent any out & out pure shooters going around these days. abercrombie has not improved his game enuf to be the star player for the team. hes ultra athletic by a country mile but legs will get old before his 3point shot becomes consistent. the problem with nz is theres hardly any big guys that can play back to the basket. or point guards that just wanna defend and assist there team mates

Reply #456125 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:08 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754