anonymous
Years ago

future of Elite Development Program (NITP)

"We are now in the position to present our goals and future direction for our elite program through an open forum to be held at"... Apollo Room, Adelaide Arena 6 february.

Who went and what was presented? What is the future of the Elite Development Program (NITP)?

Topic #33652 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

lots of tears at sturt

Reply #456083 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

Parents, players, coaches and admin staff went.

Ask David for a copy of his PowerPoint presentation.

Reply #456085 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I hope they make it a true elite program with reduced numbers. I think they are missing something in this program by not looking at potential elite players. By this I mean identify potential late bloomers which traditionally are bigs based on some assessment even if as basic as looking at family for physical characteristics

Reply #456090 | Report this post

cat  
Years ago

greatly reduced numbers...
true Elite representation..
close to one-on-one Coach/player ratio
upbeat training system..
emerging squad for under-developed kids with plenty of potential
plenty of parents will whinge that little Johnny didn't make the grade..
but about bloody time our poor State results facilitated change..

Reply #456093 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yeah i am getting sick of seeing NITP singlets everywhere, i wanted one so badly but couldnt find one in any of the shops

Reply #456104 | Report this post

@  
Years ago

if they are dinkum about improving our comp with elite athletes and the top units playing each other for optimum performance.

PRO / REL has to come in - how can an elite athlete be challenged when their team wins against a team that should be 2 divisions lower.

otherwise it is all talk........

Reply #456169 | Report this post

Years ago

Id make it open to all ages of u14. Ive seen 3 x first years all from different clubs that r better than a lot of the kid selected.select the best n u win more games.

Reply #456196 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:34 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754