Anonymous
Years ago

NBL on TV time change tonight

Tonight's Townsville vs Perth game on One is being shown at 8pm (live?) rather than the usual 9:30pm.

Topic #33655 | Report this topic

Cats 4 life  
Years ago

How about on the west coast?

Reply #456088 | Report this post

another anon  
Years ago

wouldn't expect a time change in the west as it would go head to head with the BBL final (that has a WA team) - on the same network.

Reply #456091 | Report this post

Cats 4 life  
Years ago

It sayz 8.30, big bash starts 4.30pm wa time, it should be done by then + i think the final is on ten not on one.

Reply #456092 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

I'm actually starting to believe the anti-NBL conspiracy theories regarding Ten. Adamantly bargaining for the NBL to be broadcasted delayed on it's tertiary channel... except when Ten's primary channel will dominate viewership on the east coast at a conflicting time period.

Cool beans.

Reply #456095 | Report this post

Simo  
Years ago

What pisses me off is that the big bash is on ch 10 & on ch One at the same time ! Why cant they just have it on one of them & show the Wildcats on the other one ?? Considering Perth/WA is one of the biggest tv market for NBL !!

Reply #456107 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Not having them clash in Perth isn't a terrible idea. They could have run them consecutively, though.

Reply #456116 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

It's actually quite a big night for the league.

Hopefully Ennis throws down some monsters on live national TV.

Reply #456126 | Report this post

BALLER#3  
Years ago

If anyone thinks for a second that anyone who isnt a die hard NBL fan will be tuning in to the NBL over the BBL is kidding themselves. Im a pretty die hard Basketball fan and I will most likely be watching the cricket my self!

Reply #456129 | Report this post

Cats 4 life  
Years ago

Guess ure not a die hard? Wouldnt care whats on, il watch the nbl over the nba!

Reply #456130 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

I'd watch any basketball over cricket.

Reply #456132 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

At least with the rise of Big Bash, the NBL no longer has the worst uniforms in Australian sports...

Reply #456133 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If you are a basketball fan and would prefer to watch the cricket there is no way you are a die hard one. Re read what you wrote.

Reply #456135 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Had a look at the TV guides.

Townsville vs Perth

small regional vs capital city

so what do we have...

Live into NSW/VIC/QLD/SA

only delayed in WA - by four hours!

Plus up against stickball which all the sheep will watch.

Ten setting up NBL for disaster.

Although it was either that or going up against the Sochi opening ceremony in the next timeslot.

I don't know at least we get a live east coast game for once, or maybe for the rest of the season?

Reply #456137 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

I think the NBL has to be very careful with this commentary team.

I honestly have no problem with Carfino and his flair for the dramatic and hyperbole: it's needed in a commentator in order to pump up the big moments. And Van Gronigan is at least as knowledgeable as any other caller we have in this league (the competition is not exactly fierce)...

But having two American commentators is probably going to turn a lot of fence sitting Australians off, wouldn't you say?

Reply #456139 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mick, Gaze is busy as the celebrity catcher for the home viewers at the BBL final in Perth.

Reply #456143 | Report this post

Wildcat Fan  
Years ago

Gaze wouldn't normally go up to Townsville anyway would he? I thought JVG was the 2nd commentator for games in Cairns and Townsville. Its still a bit odd that they would take him away from his commentating duties to be a part of the cricket at the exact same time as he would be needed to call a basketball game if indeed he was meant to be calling the game in Townsville.

I also find it a odd that Ten (probably) paid for Gaze to fly over to Perth to be the celebrity gimmick guy for the BBL, but they would never fly him over to Perth to actually commentate a Wildcats game for the NBL.

Yes, yes I know we have Lachy and Bear instead, but try and convince me that its not because of cost cutting reasons that Gaze and Carfino don't travel to Perth. Its Ten giving the NBL as little as possible as usual.

Reply #456146 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jeez Mick you talk so much rubbish. Carfino has been commentating for years and JVG knows his stuff. You are one of the few supporters it seems for Carf and many others here want JVG as a commentator.
Are they both Yanks now or Aussies?

Reply #456152 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

I'm usually a fan of JVG, but he was awful tonight. Threw to a commercial break for no reason after his interview with Shawn Dennis, claimed Ennis wasn't in the D-League because Miami couldn't afford the half a million it'd take to get him there, wanted Wagstaff to throw it to Ennis on the break despite Ennis being on the bench at the time...

Carfino was his usual terrible self. "I DON'T CARE THAT HE HIT HIM OVER THE HEAD. IT WAS UGLY, IT SHOULDN'T BE A FOUL." Shut up.

Reply #456179 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why can't a for hard Basketball fan not enjoy other sports and watch the grand final over two teams I don't support? If it wasn't the gf I would have been watching nBL everyday. But you guys KNOW I'm not a basketball fan just from one post...

Reply #456195 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gaze is a such a sheep despite being involved with basketball he seems more focused on AFL and BBL nowadays.

Carfino is garbage. Kept randomly mentioning (vaguely as always) the Crocs team from 2000-2001 and how they dominated which had no context at all to the game last night.

Reply #456202 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

JVG used to be good when commentating for Fox as he was more intimate with the league in and around his tenure as the Bullets GM. Now he sounds average like the majority of the other commentators.

Reply #456206 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Only non Perth games left on Friday for One's coverage are 28 Feb (in WOL) and 14 Mar (in ADL). Bet they won't be live.

Reply #456207 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The big Wildcats-Sixers game which One were supposed to show next Friday is not on the schedule at all due to Winter Olympics. Look at the online TV guide for next Friday guys. This is pathetic and totally unacceptable by Ten as it was always scheduled.

Reply #456208 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's been moved to Saturday afternoon.

Reply #456211 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So a delay of 12-18 hours. That is crap.

Reply #456212 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Biggest matchup of the season, 1 vs 2 with Sixers potentially overtaking Perth if they win against them (assuming win at Hawks tomorrow). This is so frustrating and will be missing from screens for the casual fans.

Reply #456215 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

JVG also claimed last night Larry Bird was a vegan, which was not only irrelevant but entirely untrue.

Reply #456225 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:03 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754