ayjay
Years ago

channel 10 Friday night programming sixers

For anyone wishing to complain to channel ten re their lack of game coverage friday night and instead dedicating two channels to duplicating the winter olympics please note trhat channel 10 is not interested enough to have an email adress for viewer feedback.

Any complaint has to be made by phone so please take a couple of minutes and let them know if you will be happy about missing the sixers v wildcats friday night by calling them in Adelaide on

Phone ch 10 8225 1011

Topic #33687 | Report this topic

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

1v2

Of all games....

Reply #456889 | Report this post

GWb  
Years ago

Isn't that violation of the contract?

Reply #456903 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Looks like they're showing it at 2pm Saturday.

Which is ironically at the same time as the NBA All Star Weekend on ESPN.

Good programming ten.

Reply #456907 | Report this post

Wildcat Fan  
Years ago

Ten would not care less if its 1v2, or 7v8. They don't follow the ladder or team form. They probably don't care that Perth are the best rating team either. They just stick to their original schedule and if they want to bump it to nearly 24 hours later, then they will, regardless of the contest.

They wouldn't even care if the game is sold out, prompting an obvious high interest in the match (in Perth and Adelaide).

No Lachie Reid commentating as he is in Sochi. Maybe they will bring over Carfino (HA!)

Reply #456911 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

What a joke

Reply #456912 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Par for the course.

Reply #456917 | Report this post

Ayjay  
Years ago

Oops, Accidently posted their fax number.

CHANNEL 10 8225 1010

When I inquired about the sixers v Perth game they went on and on about the cricket not being as popular as the winter olympics. Couldnt explain why they had to have it on two channels.

Reply #456928 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

Who has t.v rights for 201415 ?

Reply #456929 | Report this post

alexkrad  
Years ago

Wildcat Fan,

Tim Gossage is covering for Lachie.. and he has made several bad #wheresricky jokes on twitter showing he has no interest in it.

Not a matter, I'll be at the game anyway!

Reply #456930 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think you blokes are hanging on a bit too tight. It's the Olympics, you don't think that is going to rate a bit more than the approx 50,000 viewers that watch basketball. (And I use that figure form previous threads that have talked about ratings figures) Olympics v Basketball seriously!!

Reply #456938 | Report this post

Wildcat Fan  
Years ago

Alexrad, thanks for that - I like Tim Gossage. I think he has a strong interest in the Wildcats, and may have just been stirring a bit on twitter. I much prefer him to Carfino any day of the week, so at least one good decision has been made.

Ayjay - Were they talking about the cricket or basketball? I can understand that 10 don't even know what their own product that their dumping is, so its not really surprising that they rattle on about cricket when your complaining about the basketball :)

Reply #456941 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

First time I have ever heard someone say they like Tim Gossage.

Reply #456943 | Report this post

PeterJohn  
Years ago

Anon - personally, I find the majority of the Winter Olympics pretty boring to watch. There's very little Australian interest in most of the events and the bulk of what's been on this week has been on a par with watching synchronised swimming in the Summer Olympics. That is, I can see there's a challenge for the participants but for me it's like watching paint dry. And don't get me started on the bloody interminable torture that was the opening ceremony.

I'd much rather watch a sporting contest involving a team I support, playing a game in which I'm interested. So I feel quite happy cursing Channel 10 for ignoring their commitment to cover NBL on Friday nights.

Reply #456945 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maybe basketball should be a winter olympics sport anyway. Isn't it played (generally) as a winter sport?

That seems like a more interesting topic for this thread. Begin...

Reply #456947 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

Situation, no one/nothing is ever good enough hey; so why don't you campaign for Friday night's call? Hoops resident comedian -- your derisive quips would do fantastically on TV. I certainly wouldn't be adverse to that idea!

Reply #456948 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Olympics is a one off event, of course it will take precedence over the NBL. What Ten should do is offer it live off their new website/app.

Reply #456949 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Olympics is a one off event, of course it will take precedence over the NBL. What Ten should do is offer it live off their new website/app.

Reply #456950 | Report this post

Wildcat Fan  
Years ago

There were plenty of better options 10 could have taken. They could have put the NBL on Ch11 and kept it at 9:30... They could have decided to delay the broadcast on One by a few more hours and show it at 11:30pm AND replay it at 2pm the next day. Or they could have shown it live against the gate in Perth at 6:30, and live into Adelaide, and delayed it everywhere else where interest would be lower, then cross to the Olympics straight after. The Olympics would still be shown on Ten live so it wouldn't interfere much at all.

The winter olympics, with all due respect, is not exactly on the same level as the summer olympics or the World Cup. It probably rates so well because its on prime time and because its a major event in countries not including Australia.

Reply #456951 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How about ESPN as a possibility for the new TV contract.

Last week I saw them air for the first time ever an Australian professional league in terms of team sports - the ABL (Australian Baseball League) Championship Series.

Baseball like basketball is a sport they understand and could provide live programming during the evening when no American events are live.

Reply #456952 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

ESPN doesn't invest much interest in Australian sport, so I doubt they'd change their tone with NBL. Still, the brand has incredible prestige so you'd take it if you could get it. Fox is a much more viable option. Even if they didn't want to air games, Fox (or ESPN for that matter) would do an NBL tv type thing much better than Perform.

Reply #456958 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That was my point - they aired ABL so it is a small yet first move towards the possibility of a local league covered live by them.

Reply #456960 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

"The Olympics would still be shown on Ten live so it wouldn't interfere much at all. "
You don't even need the word 'much' for that to be accurate. But then the NBL might pick up vieweres who were tuning into the Winter Olympics on One because there's nothing else on, only to realise the basketball is on instead. And that might lead to the NBL having an audience, which Ten clearly doesn't want. No idea why, though.

Reply #456961 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:48 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754