Kent Brockman
Years ago

Kent Brockman's Hypothetical

NBA goes into Lock Out on June 30th.

As with the NHL, players look elsewhere to pick up a game including Australia.

The NBL seizes the opportunity for the publicity and allows each team to run 3 imports as a one off knowing that the NBA player will be basically playing for board.

If this scenario unfolds and there are no NBA starters interested which player would you like to see in sixers colours?

Topic #3370 | Report this topic

TR  
Years ago

A NBA player will not play in Australia. A NBA player wouldn't risk the injury in playing for peanuts, and probably in their eye's a micky mouse league.

Could you just imaging LeBron playing for Adelaide and then scredding his knee or something and then never been able to return to the court. Not worth the risk.

Reply #38796 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

NHL players are playing in the Australian League during the lock out so i dont see it as impossible for NBA players to do the same.

Reply #38802 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

no lockout baby...

LeBron in a 36ers uniform, awesome, but not happening.

Reply #38804 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Would the lockout void existing contracts or would you only get to choose from those players out of contract and/or who couldn't make it in Europe (only a couple of spots per team over there, right?)?

I think KB is suggesting that a few end-of-bench players might be options. If you buy Hoopshype's salary figures, there are guys on NBA rosters getting USD$25k/year!

I take all of this back given that a lockout has been averted!

Reply #38805 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

Besides there was only 2 blokes out of the NHL playing over here. And one of them has a cousin who is coach, the NBA players would have gone over to Euro for sure

Reply #38819 | Report this post

Poker Nuts  
Years ago

They could play in the ABA as well.

This team would do quite well and I'm sure would get a few people out to Starplex.

Centrals 05-06 ABA Champions

PG P Vandenberg
SG J Watson
SF C Anthony
PF K Garnett
C B Wallace

I'm sure Centrals could billit out the imports to some junior players' homes to cut down on some expenses.

Reply #38837 | Report this post

wow  
Years ago

Im sure they would love Sunny Elizabeth or Gawler !! LOL ..

Reply #38846 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:20 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754