Isaac
Years ago

Breakers vs Taipans, Feb 14

NZB are 8-12 while Cairns are 9-13. Two teams with a chance of making the four. Breakers have the home court advantage though - can they lock in this win?

Topic #33700 | Report this topic

skull  
Years ago

im sticking with the 'backs to the wall' taipans on this one.....nz will have added pressure,which i dont think their coach in particular will handle very well.

Taipans by 6

Reply #457033 | Report this post

Jodiechrist  
Years ago

Me too. Taipans by 3.

Reply #457034 | Report this post

fletch  
Years ago

Na im going NZ by 4. I have liked NZ's pressure defense lately and at home they seem to get to play a little rougher then when in Aus. If Vukona can stay out of foul trouble it should be a home victory, however if he gets in early foul trouble its Cairns for the win.

Reply #457059 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

I don't trust Fearne as a defensive coach to hold the Breakers under 90

Reply #457060 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

Breakers by 7

Reply #457068 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

but can NZ hold the Taipans under 90 without getting in foul trouble ??

Reply #457073 | Report this post

Wilson Sting  
Years ago

Same with any NZ game, if Vukona gets in foul trouble, an easy win to Cairns. If he stays clean (or the refs let him get away with it) then NZ should win.

Reply #457086 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

Christ our offense is horrible with Wilson and Gliddon at the helm

Reply #457092 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

I'm done, we need Wilson gone and an actual point guard in. He cannot lead a team

Reply #457094 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

Well well well, we're playing decent offense and guess which two 'quarterbacks' are off the floor?

Reply #457096 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wilson isnt on now and you guys are more shit than ever hahah

Reply #457100 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

No we're not? I don't get what you mean, anon

Reply #457102 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You're implying the Taipans arent as good with Wilson on, but the Breakers have broken the Taipans within 2 minutes of the second half....

Reply #457104 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Breakers up 75-55 at the end of the 3rd.

Reply #457105 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

That's exactly my point. However if you just worded it wrongly and meant that the period Wilson was off just before the half...

1) Learn to add up. We were +2 in the 1 minute 15 seconds Wilson was off the floor at the end of the half.

2) That's a minute-long sample of the 900 minutes of Taipans season to that point. What the hell are you trying to prove in a minute? Even if we were -10 in that period, doesn't make my point any less valid.

Also, do me a favour and add up Wilson's +/- for this game and if he's remotely close to the positive, then you can make an argument for this particular game.

Gliddon is also a problem when it comes to running stuff, but it shouldn't be as much his responsibility as Wilson's.

But mate, safe to say you have no idea.

Reply #457107 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gliddon is a shooting guard Statsheet Stuffer, not a point guard. He shouldn't be running the team but has to because your TWO import point guards are too shot hungry to run an offense.

Reply #457108 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

Naivety^

Reply #457112 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Statstuffer, my point was, The Breakers took a 7 point half time lead and smashed the Taipans with full court pressure in 120 seconds of the beginning of the second half, when Wilson, your mate, was off. I dont really care, Breakers and Taipans are ordinary this season.

Reply #457113 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

However, you're right about the shot-hungry guards. At times, you say McCamey needs to shoot more, then at other times he probably jacks too much. On the whole though, I like McCamey's shot timing (shot selection however isn't ideal -- shoots too many threes). Wilson is the main culprit when it comes to that.

Reply #457114 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

If you watched Taipans games though, Wilson doesn't fare well with full-court pressure.

Reply #457115 | Report this post

Tyrell  
Years ago

Wilkinson to surely get a contract extension!

Reply #457126 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Surely it will be Fearne's last season.

Reply #457196 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

Let's hope it's both Fearne and Wilson's last seasons. Wilson plays like Kobe, but he isn't talented enough to be productive when playing that way. And that's the only way he knows how to play. Much like Ervin in the Hawks days, Wilson can prop up a bad team (I realise the Hawks had made the playoffs the year prior but missed in Ervin's year, but that's just what it seemed like) and get them to moderate success, but he's no leader. All three of Wilson's seasons we've missed the playoffs while possessing great rosters, especially this year.

Last year we were incredibly talented, but this year was long built up (by the organisation, too) as THE year.

Do a bit of housekeeping in the offseason such as:

Keep: Loughton, Gliddon, Steindl, Weigh, Young

Jury's out: Burston, Tragardh, Bruce

Flick: Wilson, McCamey

We need a big guy to play defense in the paint, score a little, and bring some damn energy to the court.

Also, a pass-first point guard. We don't need the point guard to get 20 on a regular basis, but to access all the shooters and scorers brought in over the past couple years. Gliddon, Steindl, Loughton, Weigh can all get buckets, but haven't entirely got the service they deserve this season.

Well done to NZ though, they really seem to be getting a groove on.

Reply #457221 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think definitely keep burston Statsheet, he is one of the only players in the team that has played to his potential and actually done well this season. Agree with the rest.

Reply #457241 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

Definitely flick McCamey and go for an import forward next year and upgrade Wilson if possible

Reply #457252 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

Yeah for sure, I see where you're coming from and on face value you keep him. I didn't put him in because I'd want to make the decision on the import bigman and see what we need to compliment. Burston is probably the most consistent Taipan, so I guess you'd keep him anyway; good for chemistry. Because you simply know what you're getting.

Reply #457278 | Report this post

Stevie Wonder  
Years ago

the NBL will be perfect for my boy "Jarvis Varnado"
killing it this season with Iowa Energy in the D-League

Reply #457566 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:16 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754