Anonymous
Years ago

This league is appalling

Everything from the standard of play, the refereeing is diabolical, the website / live stats is an absolute mess. No wonder this league is dying. It hardly gets a mention in the main stream media here in Sydney.
No team plays any resemblance of defense. It is like a bunch of headless monkeys running up and down the court.
This league will be dead in 5 years in Australia.
No wonder all the good players run overseas at the very first possibility of an opening. Everything about this league awful.

Topic #33704 | Report this topic

Mick  
Years ago

cool story bro

Reply #457121 | Report this post

Flinders80  
Years ago

The handle is flying

Reply #457122 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The best Australian made players are in the NBA. The middle of the road talent players are in Europe...Whats left?

Sure, an NBA defect comes in once in a while, like a Sam Young, Julius Hodge or even an Ennis..But they rarely stay for more than 1 year.

The league contains players that are a bunch of scrubs, amateurish administration. What kind of website is that? What kind of live stats is that?

Reply #457127 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Do you have a newsletter to subscribe to?

Reply #457128 | Report this post

crusty  
Years ago

Wow! I'm getting very imotional.

Reply #457129 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Back to the armchair eddy!

Reply #457135 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anon is right the worst thing which he/she didn't mention is the players play with no passion either and don't seem to care in general.

Reply #457138 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The OP should do everybody and especially themselves a favour by joining the 99.97% of the population who don't watch it.

Reply #457141 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Looks like it's excursion day from the asylum. Nice work OP, look forward to never hearing from you again.

Reply #457168 | Report this post

fletch  
Years ago

What a sad excuse for a troll. I actually feel bad for him

Reply #457232 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

Cry me a river anonymous OP

Reply #457238 | Report this post

Tom  
Years ago

Tell me more! Tell me more!

Reply #457261 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Last night the players even fought with no emotion. It was awful. /s

Reply #457263 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ofcourse they did Isaac, trust me word is a few of them are very upset Frye was cut for ANOTHER point guard. Very dangerous to mess up a happy team this stage of season. Joey has lost some respect from the players.

Reply #457289 | Report this post

JW21  
Years ago

I struggle to watch a whole game of NBL nowadays, and I love to watch basketball.

Reply #457306 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

But we have the best fights?

Reply #457308 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

No effort by players, poor TV coverage, nobody turns up to games, standard is poor...

We may as well just give up and take up different sports!

Reply #457310 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

People here ACTUALLY defending this league? LOL
This league is appalling. How would a team comprised of simply NBL players go in the FIBA world championships? Oh I forgot, they wouldn't even qualify. This league is dreadful, the players are not international standard. The refereeing is even worse. When you go to the live stats, it keeps on flickering between the live stats and the preview WTF.
It has gone back so far its not funny. Gaze, Copeland, Maher, Rucker, Rose etc etc would all be shaking their heads as to what this league has become.
It really is the laughing stock of Aus sport.
It actually made the Sydney Morning Herald yesterday, to talk about Shane Heals bankruptcy lol, nothing about the game...That's how much of a joke the Sydney Media think of it,

Reply #457461 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

^blah blah blah

Reply #457467 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why don't you provide some actual arguments why this league isn't a joke? I have heard nothing but personal attacks on me.

Reply #457471 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Right now the Kings look appalling I'll give you that at least.

Reply #457503 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

3 games this weekend, and every game a massacre. LOL @ NBL.
All what these players do is bet on games they play in. Who is going to catch them? Kristina Keneally or whatever her name is? LOL...What is she going to do, what has she done apart from sapped the NBL coffers dry for her big salary.

Reply #457513 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Breakers blasted the Taipans, The Hawks blasted the Crocs, The Wildcats blasted the 36ers, and tonight, the Hawks blasted the Kings.
Last Sunday the Hawks blasted 36ers...This league is a joke. All what it is good for is the players betting on the games they play in....That's all they do.

Reply #457515 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The bets were placed last week with a lot of upsets not this round. This round is a bye.

Reply #457518 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

^you're embarrassing yourself . We get that you don't like NBL that's ok but must you whinge like a small child. "Anonymous = no credibility"

Reply #457519 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

Do you have proof of any betting?

Reply #457520 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hey, Tim Donaghy was betting for years in the NBA and the ONLY reason why he got caught was because the FBI were investigating a completely different case and came across him by chance. The NBA had no idea he was betting on games. If it wasn't luck, he would still be reffing and betting today.
Now compare the NBA's protocols to the NBL, do you think the NBL would have any chance of catching a cheat? LOL. Who is going to catch them, Kinneally? LOL
These players get paid f##ck all, why wouldn't they try and grab extra cash? SO easy to do. Just place a bet against yourself and don't turn try.

Reply #457523 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

I have to leave you now anonymous your just APPALLING

Reply #457524 | Report this post

MANAGER  
Years ago

appalling nbl this year

Reply #458421 | Report this post

Dale  
Years ago

Some really constructive arguments here and suggestions on how to improve.......NOT!!

Reply #458423 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

"How would a team comprised of simply NBL players go in the FIBA world championships?"

They came 12th in 2010 with a 3-3 record, beating France and Canada along the way.

Reply #458439 | Report this post

James  
Years ago

Numbers have been up this year. NBL split from BA means they can actually make new tv and coverage deals and move the league forward.
I imagine the sold out Perth crowds are having fun.
I imagine the packed house at Adelaide are having fun.
I imagine the multiple places fighting over being included in the nbl didn't get your memo.
Increasing to 50 games a season doesn't sound like the thing you would do if everything is so dire.

Did someone really say because we have players abroad we suck? Most footy and soccer is run that way, quite successfully world wide.

Reply #459569 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:03 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754