Anonymous
Years ago

Sturt Coach

I was at the under 16 div 1 Sturt girls game last night and saw the Sturt coach again have a tech foul and was removed from the stadium, this seems to be a regular occurance with him! and he is the State team coach for this year? LOL.

Topic #33710 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

As a Vic parent who has been exposed to his behaviour I fully understand

Reply #457314 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Might want to get all the story. Got a tech foul for getting grumpy at a player for messing up. When the orange shirt thought he was upset at the ref.

Reply #457318 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Same as National Club Championships, Southern Cross Challenge, National Classic...embarrasing

Reply #457320 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not suggesting always "teched" at these events, just a pattern of behaviour.

Reply #457322 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Sturt and State coach called the UIC a F@#knead!!! That is why he was thrown out. Disgraceful behavior from a coach that carries on like this week in week out. Swears at 14 year-old girls, is never accountable to parents! This behavior was allowed under NG, I wonder what Mr Inghams tolerance will be! Not a good look for a great club, and SA!!

Reply #457333 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wasn't coaching at either ECC or SCC.

Reply #457356 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If its Mesecke then Ingham had already dealt with that Banned from State Programs forr 5 years for an incident at Southern Cross

Reply #457365 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

so maybe he was at SCC

Reply #457408 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's not Mesecke. Check your facts people.

Reply #457478 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

so who was it fact checker?

Reply #457483 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Could be the same coach accused tanking at u14 National Club Championships in 2013? If it were the same person, what a fine advertisement for Sturt Sabres and Basketball SA!

Reply #457489 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

483, you work it out. I'm not going to name the guy here. What a stupid thread.

Reply #457496 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Seriously, just go to the BSA website and find out who the coaches are. It's no big secret as it is announced and posted......

Reply #457509 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Marcus Wong

Reply #457584 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No its Mesecke who BSA have banned.

Reply #457684 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#684, that's the point. Mesecke is NOT the coach being referred to here.

Reply #457687 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He's the one at SCC, Nationals, Classic though

Reply #457689 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What did Mesecke do at Southern Cross to earn a 5-year ban from state programs?

Reply #457690 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Did this coach coach his team today or has he been suspended?

Reply #457703 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This forum has more info on brawls and disgraceful behaviour from players and coaches than it should have.
No wonder the game is suffering.

Reply #457706 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Abusive behaviour shouldn't be tolerated in basketball, it it wasn't this topic would be being discussed.

Reply #457707 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

People, you need to get your facts straight. Mesecke is not responsible for all the transgressions which may occur in basketball world ... Aside from that, there is always another side to the story. If you weren't there, and I mean right there to overhear what was and wasn't said, don't judge. You just make yourselves look foolish. Is there any sensible discussion here ... Like what is or isn't acceptable behaviour ... Or just a thread to bash the wrong person?!

Reply #457711 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reading the above I just wonder if falsely accusing person of abuse in a public forum, without being willing to put your name to the accusation, without being there at the time, without knowing all the facts is infact abuse?

Reply #457714 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

A forum that discusses what is acceptable, and what constitutes abuse would be valuable. At the moment I feel very uncomfortable about the coach of my daughter's team. While none of his behaviour has been directed at my daughter, I see him bullying and belittling her teammates and feel compelled to get involved. The parents of her teammates seem to be uncertain of their position, and despite complaints to the association no genuine action has been taken to curb his behaviour. And no, it is not Sturt..

Reply #457717 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So apparently the coach wasn't at the game they had today. What has happened to him? Suspended? Sacked? If he gets suspended or sacked at club level how does this effect his state position? BSA might be wise to get on the front foot with this.

Reply #457739 | Report this post

fubr  
Years ago

video the game and coach behaviour. If still truly troubled by the behaviour and it needs to be repetitive behaviour take the tape and talk with the DoC. However, make sure you know what outcome you are trying to achieve. Remember the coach is most likely trying their best and may believe they are just giving information and instructions.
Clubs can't do anything on hearsay.

Reply #457741 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i hear hes gunning for a gig as Chris Lucas' AC nect year

Reply #457775 | Report this post

';'  
Years ago

Who gunning for AC, Marcus or Paul?

Reply #457802 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If PM has been banned from being a state coach for 5 years he should also be removed from the NITP coaching group. Has that occurred yet - if not BSA with all the recent changes have a real opportunity to send a message to all coaches that this behaviour is unacceptable. I hope the HP group are not afraid to step on Sturt and PM's toes over this unacceptable and ongoing behaviour

Reply #457804 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Have heard that PM won't be involved with anything besides Sturt.

Reply #457831 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The only ppl that loose out are the kids in nitp. Not a smart move by bsa. At least he has more time to put into his paid role and work with the kids at sturt. If they are trying to improve the kids in other clubs to keep up with sturt this only will achieve the opposite!

Reply #457846 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No this is a great move. We Demand discipline standards of players so we need to demand those standards of coaches. In fact maybe this will strengthen the competition by players staying at their current club rather than moving to Sturt!!! We can then assess if there is any truth or not in poaching of players at NITP!!

I am more than confident of the coaching panel at NITP without PM!

Reply #457850 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

wong looking for ac gig

Reply #457950 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What would be good for basketball in SA from players through refs and coaches is for the new HP team to start by stamping out continual unacceptable behaviour of NITP or state team coaches. The flow on could be enormous. Developing coaches observing that this is unacceptable if they wish to progress, refs more likely to be retained in the sport and develop and clubs putting pressure on coaches to toe the line to ensure they can promote their club by selling the virtues and standings if their coaches.

Sure it might be some pain initially but all change has that. I strongly believe the HP manager needs to monitor and discipline all NITP and state coaches!

Reply #458245 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

BSA probably need to make some efforts in actually improving and developing referee's as well.

BSA also needs to monitor their own staff and referee's who coach from similar behavior. Last night saw a BSA staff member tech fouled 2 minutes into a game.

Plus the referee community are their worst enemies here. Their own behavior towards each other when coaching is far worse than any coach behavior.

Reply #458260 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

BSA is under resourced pure and simple. The people there are underpaid and clearly there are skills gaps.

You have kid referees dealing with coaches who in some cases work in careers that command a much higher income, capabilities and repsonsibility than the CEO of BSA. They have high expectations of referees around communication skills and capability. However, referees are kids, who typically come from a lower socio-economic background. I think these coaches need to accept that referees are underpaid and BSA is under resourced to adequately deal with these issues. They simply need to lower their expectations on the quality of referees and BSA staff.

BSA do need to self analyse and work to improve, whilst coaches need to take a chill pill and focus on the fact its a game that is really struggling right now.

Reply #458265 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nothing will change! This has happened for years with certain State coaches/SASI coaches throwing their weight around at young referee's with no accountability. If Hubbard & Ingham are serious as the two senior basketball heads in this state they will take action. Friday nights are the wild west, too many cowboys!!!

Reply #458299 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

anon 299

you got your wish

Reply #458359 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

359 how do you know? Has the NITP coaches been announced yet? Haven't them on the BSA page?

Reply #458364 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

My question is what right does the UIC have to call a tech foul if he isn't involved in the game? from what i have read the actual referees didn't call anything or have an issue? Egomaniac?

Reply #458389 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Surely M Wong can't be serious about wanting an assistant WNBL role given how badly he handled Sturt in the ABL final game.

Reply #458393 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Abusive coaches can't be tolerated, get them out of our game.

Reply #458397 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

We try to clean up abuse from the bottom up and this will never work. We need to address this from the top down and show that no-one, irrespective of who they are or how good they may be, are above the "law"

Reply #458505 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Isn't that the point though, it seems he didn't abuse anyone (referee or player)?

Reply #458650 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

check the guy's track record

Reply #458651 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So did coaches behave themselves this week?

Reply #459131 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:53 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754