crusty
Years ago

class act!!

So So proude to be a basketball fan! It's a game where I can take my grand kids and have an enjoyable few hour of fun. How about a street fight? Could it be flares, punch ups in the stands next? Wow are we progressing! "BASKETBALL FOR NEVER", this is a great show to teach good values to the youngsteers. It would be great to replace the cheer squad with the local bikkie gang.

Topic #33720 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sounded better in your head before you shared your 'thoughts' me thinks.

Reply #457389 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

Local bikkie gang I would pay to see that lol.

Reply #457398 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So your title crusty refers to what you aren't.

Reply #457410 | Report this post

Wildcat Fan  
Years ago

Brawls/melees/controversy/dirty play/heated exchanges happen in every team sport from time to time. It happens, get over it! Some might say its good for the game to show a bit of colour to what is a long season.

I dont like it much myself, and theres no place for that in basketball, or any sport, but it will happen. Has in the past, and will in the future. That is part of sport. Besides its not like this happens all the time so a bit of perspective is needed.

If your sensitive to that type of exposure, maybe watching TEAM SPORT isnt for you! Its not just in basketball that this happens!

Reply #457443 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

crusty go over to netball if you're so sensitive.

Reply #457449 | Report this post

justin  
Years ago

Get over it champ!

Reply #457455 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

No pyro, no party?

Reply #457457 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No Totti no party

Reply #457462 | Report this post

Cat in the Hat  
Years ago

Local "bikkie" gang? Is that like the Girl Guides or something?

Reply #457477 | Report this post

Phil  
Years ago

i would hold the general conduct of professional sports people over the conduct of the general public.

sports is competitive and sometimes it gets heated but generally nothing more than some words or a shove happens and its forgotten about and they conduct themselves well in ongoing encounters.

if you think in workplaces around australia there isnt worse behaviour and ongoing behaviour worse than that you are kidding yourself. there are a tonne of people in the general workforce that either come to blows or do underhanded vengence/bullying/backstabbing/undermining type of things to co-workers. professional athletes are saints in light of that. they might get fired up and disagree but they have a mutual respect that the general public doesn't have for each other.

i would be more than happy to take my kids to a game one day and as a fight breaks out point out to my kids and say they are passionate and there will always be conflict but you have to know what is truly important , and sportspeople will almost always put the team ahead of themselves. ill never have the opportunity to show my kid that in a general workplace.

Reply #457521 | Report this post

Steve  
Years ago

I think anonymous should grow a set and put his name up or shut up

Reply #457558 | Report this post

Stevie Wonder  
Years ago

officer i did not see a single thing

Reply #457561 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

Is that what Darryl Corletto was on about before ?

Reply #457577 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

I thought it was good advertising....great platform of 12000 people & the crowd loved it, no harm done.

Reply #457587 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:46 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754