Anonymous
Years ago

Sixers GM Statement

STATEMENT FROM 36ERS GENERAL MANAGER, DEAN PARKER.

As you are aware after last night's game against Perth there was an incident on court which involved players and coaches.
There has been a lot of speculation on many social media formats that have varied and I too have been guilty of commenting.
I have spoken with many of the coaching staff and players and stand by them fully.
We also give support to the NBL investigation and are co-operating fully with the NBL to ensure all the facts come to light so an informed decision can be made by the NBL judiciary.
Whilst these incidents can be unfortunate and regrettable for the next 24 hours the clubs priority is all about a crucial game on Sunday against the Melbourne Tigers.
As a result we expect this process to be resolved early to mid week as the NBL have been very supportive of our need to be properly prepared for Sundays game and not draw any focus from that. I thank the NBL very much through a difficult time is respecting our game and as a result Monday morning return to resolving this issue quickly and properly.
Whilst there are many opinions and in some cases a lot of facts unknown I would ask the whole basketball community to be patient and trust the process with the NBL.

Dean Parker

Topic #33721 | Report this topic

The Situation  
Years ago

At least Parker responded with a level head, unlike the last dicknose who probably would have incited another riot

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2009/12/06/2763282.htm?site=adelaide

Reply #457557 | Report this post

Mayor  
Years ago

Weak as from the NBL. Dean got off lightly....mid week. Or mid weak? Who makes those calls at the NBL?

Joey should be suspended until further notice by the club or the league, just to make a point. I'm sure the 36ers assistant could run a game in Melbourne.

I'm a fan of Joey but the point he made in Perth, which may be lasting, has to come with a few hard repercussions I would have thought.

But we are dealing with the ball less n b l.

Reply #457568 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

If Joey Wright does get suspended, what about James Ennis? The video clearly shows him throwing two straight lefts to Mitch Creek, with at least one connecting.

Reply #457578 | Report this post

Melbourne Boy  
Years ago

Who's the little bloke from Perth in slacks who appears to set Joey Wright off. You can see Wright as a peacemaker saying "step back" to everyone until that guy says something that sets him off in a rage. Joeys lucky Bj Anthony was there to hold him back. I wonder who that guy is abd what he said? That will be huge in this investigation.

Reply #457581 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cannot believe the 36ers are acting like the pacers brawl in Indiana. This scuffle was nothing and no harm was caused! Move on!! No coachs or players should be suspended

Reply #457585 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

Yeah i think its been pretty overblown. I think Joey will get a fine or 1 game suspension as its just not a good look but its hardly a huge issue.

Reply #457627 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good job Mayor, suspend someone before any investigation happens. Sixers don't need fans like you what so ever.

Reply #457640 | Report this post

Budgie  
Years ago

Joey shows passion not only for the club but for Australian ball. When was the last time the NBL made the front of the paper? The NBL as an organisation need to thank Joey and the Wildcats for bringing a bit of spice to the league. All you clowns that think he should be suspended need to go back to fairy land. The promotion for the grudge match in March should be awesome. Thanks Joey and go Sixers

Reply #457694 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Good job Mayor, suspend someone before any investigation happens. Sixers don't need fans like you what so ever."

IMO the NBL should have suspended Wright pending an investigation. That's just my take on it. That happens in a lot of cases in the workplace and at schools with teachers etc. I thought it was a good opportunity for the NBL to set a standard right then and there, but they let him coach the next day.

As I said, just my opinion, and going on yours and some others I'm the minority, ..so be it.

Reply #457948 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:24 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754