Gary
Years ago

Who wins the Championship

After just arriving back from overseas i have not seen much NBL this season...

Are Perth going to win it or are Adelaide a real chance?? any other teams?

Topic #33746 | Report this topic

GWB  
Years ago

I cant see anyone challenging Perth and Adelaide... I think it could be either of the two but no one else.

Reply #458181 | Report this post

Rick  
Years ago

It will be a Sydney v Perth final.

Reply #458184 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

@ Rick, do you see Sydney finishing he regular season 2nd or 3rd?

Reply #458185 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

Perth or Adelaide to win
Melbourne slim chance
Sydney no chance
NZ if they get 4th will be massive test for Perth

Reply #458189 | Report this post

Moneyballer  
Years ago

I think the Gong are a slight chance of making the playoffs and If they do, I think they will make some noise.

Reply #458198 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

I really have no clue at this stage. Everyone is having random shockers.

Reply #458202 | Report this post

NBL Fan  
Years ago

Wollongong were very good in the playoffs last year. Some people may remember that they only just lost to Perth in OT. The last shot of their in regulation time just rolled out.

Reply #458210 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Final Ladder:

Perth
Adelaide
Sydney
NZ

-------

ADL to dispose of Sydney in the Semis.

NZ to shock Perth in the semis.

Adelaide to win the GF 2-1

Reply #458227 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

If you're going to suggest NZ shocking Perth in the semis, you may as well just go whole hog and shock Adelaide too! Think big, Macdub, think big!

Reply #458232 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

Melb will make top 4. I would still back them they're just in a mini slump no different to Perth or Adelaide. The battle for 4th is most intriguing 4 teams for one spot

Reply #458234 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

@MACDUB, Nathan: If NZ beat Perth, I can't see them losing the GF.

Reply #458235 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

Hard to call this early but its Perths to lose and I cant see anyone taking it from them.

Reply #458262 | Report this post

Rick  
Years ago

Reply #458281 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

Inshallah, we will take the title! Or something like that. Would be good though, I'm hoping getting the title in the new building will rust on the new spongier part of the supporter base to the Challenge Stadium-era core.

Should hopefully keep 10k as a permanent base-line to attendance, which will be good for the league as a whole in terms of chasing corporate interest and being taken seriously.

Reply #458289 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

I think the there is a little bit of randomness to this, insofar as Perth have been inconsistent since the break. When they fire on all cylinders in a game, no team can match them; their best will not just match but destroy any other team's best. However, that hasn't been showing up that predictably (we saw it in the Perth @ Melbourne and Adelaide @ Perth games).

So it may just come down to which games Perth explodes in. I won't say that top spot and HCA is sewn up, but minor premiers is looking more likely than not with the final fixtures. As a number of people have suggested, you just don't see Perth dropping a three-game series. (Of course, I didn't expect the back-to-back home losses either).

Reply #458300 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If Perth is minor premiers they will be league Champions. That home court advantage blows everyone out of the water. The crowds impact on the game can not be understated. Visiting teams shoot their worst percentages, calls are overly one sided and the Wildcats shoot the lights out. They should take the Cup if they can hold onto the number one spot.

Reply #458306 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

I think Perth will get top spot and home court advantage but it doesn't guarantee a title. Knight is the X factor

Reply #458311 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

Yeah, looking at some of the PER stats, Knight's average is up there in the Top 5 of the league in those games that he has played. Will be a huge inclusion in our weakest area.

Of course, there are people on these boards that will say he's just an okay role player, so I'm sure it won't be that big a difference.

Reply #458312 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I definitely see Perth as heavy favourites. When they lose they seem to bounce back hard, plus there refs get them a good 10 point advantage every home game

Reply #458320 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Perth for the title

Reply #458424 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perth with Knight coming back and HCA.

Reply #458692 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:57 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754